Will it require a signature for delivery or will they just leave the package?

This is a real PIA since I should have gotten it after standing in line this morning.
    11-21-08 10:07 AM
    Yes, it WILL require a signature!!!!!!
    11-21-08 10:09 AM
    This is F'ed up!!! I'm not going to be home!!!!!!
    11-21-08 10:11 AM
    Definitely a signature, but it doesn't necessarily have to be yours. A spouse, your child or someone living there may be able to sign for it? I am not 100% positive of that. I know my wife has signed for stuff with my name on it before.
    11-21-08 10:12 AM
    It can be anyone, as long as it's a signature. I live in an apartment building and get packages all the time that require signature, and the doorman just signs for it.
    11-21-08 10:15 AM
    There will be NO one home next week.

If I have a signature on file with Fed Ex will they leave it? I know I've signed a sheet before that says it's OK to leave packages w/o a signature.

What if I leave a signed note that says to leave the package???
    11-21-08 10:18 AM
    I receive packages from FedEX all the time and am not home. I simply leave a note on the door with the tracking number, my name an signature releasing it. Thus far that has worked. In some locations that may not be safe.
    11-21-08 10:20 AM
    fedex generally just leaves packages at my house but according to VRZ I have to sign for it. Kinda sucks cause the weekends are my days off and now im going to have to wake up early tomorrow
    11-21-08 10:21 AM
    my store said they can only ship it to the store because its a global phone....
    11-21-08 10:22 AM
    There will be NO one home next week.

If I have a signature on file with Fed Ex will they leave it? I know I've signed a sheet before that says it's OK to leave packages w/o a signature.

What if I leave a signed note that says to leave the package???
    What I might suggest is once you get the tracking number, stop in at a Fed Ex location and see if they will just hold the package for you there until you get back or if you can show id, sign for it then, and have them make a note on the order to have the driver leave it without signature. I do know that if you do nothing, they will try to deliver 3 times and then will hold it at the Fed Ex center for a set number of business days and then it goes back to sender. I think itis maybe 10 business days after the 3rd try??
    11-21-08 10:23 AM
    they are idiots
    11-21-08 10:25 AM
    Most courier companies will leave a package if you leave a note saying who you are, info about the pkg (tracking #), and that you are waiving your right to signature. Leave a note and hopefully you have a secure place for the pkg to be left and hope for the best. You'll either come home to:
    a) your storm waiting for you
    b) a note from the courier saying an attempt was made and please pickup from depot
    c) a stolen storm
    -Rik
    11-21-08 10:25 AM
    Once you get the tracking # get it switched to the store or as someone said, they will hold it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-08 10:27 AM
    If u have a neighbor u trust, they can sign for it. I do this all the time...
    11-21-08 10:37 AM
    what a clusterfukc
    11-21-08 11:17 AM
    what a clusterfukc
    Abso-f-ing-lutely. If Verizon would have launched the phone correctly, they would have had enough stock on hand to at least cover the people waiting in line, which were not huge numbers by the way!
    11-21-08 11:24 AM
    Just have Fed-ex leave it on the step and I'll be over to get it for me....I mean you.
    11-21-08 12:08 PM
    Abso-f-ing-lutely. If Verizon would have launched the phone correctly, they would have had enough stock on hand to at least cover the people waiting in line, which were not huge numbers by the way!
    yep

25 storms could have covered everyone

there wasnt even a line here, just a lack of devices
    11-21-08 12:22 PM
    FedEx & UPS all leave packages at my door without signature. Its a safe neighborhood but I don't like it. How do I get them to stop this practice?

No, I never signed anything saying it was okay to do so. Maybe a previous home owner signed something years ago.
    11-21-08 12:39 PM
    ghosthound--

Huh? They can't send it to you cause it's a global phone?? Are you sure you live on this planet? Maybe they can only ship it to earth.
    11-21-08 12:46 PM
    my shipping order says "Indirect Signature Required"...which means I can leave a note on the door
    11-21-08 12:49 PM
    Once you get the tracking # get it switched to the store or as someone said, they will hold it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Only the shipper can change the destination. Not the recipient for fear of fraud.
    11-21-08 12:52 PM
    It's usually subjective based on the driver. I live in a private community with a private police force in suburban Long Island and they often leave packages, but depending on what kind of area you live in, they may not be willing to leave it even if you leave a not, so YMMV, even though it says ur responsible by leaving a note, if it gets stolen the driver can still get in trouble
    11-21-08 01:08 PM
    double post, sorry, terrible internet here at work
    11-21-08 01:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD