I keep hearing mention of the youtube video about the update. how do i find it. did a search, nothing came up.
    11-23-08 11:19 PM
    ^^^^^ lol i am right here with yah
    11-23-08 11:19 PM
    the verizon rep told me wensday the update should be out. i went in and asked when they could update my phone and they said wensday. the update is out and done with. the phones in my local store were updated the morning of friday, i watched the tech do it. the phones were noticably faster. so this week should be the week its released
    this update is not out .. the update yourthinking of was .61 to .65 this will be from .65 to about .91
    11-23-08 11:21 PM
    ya. its all the crack and no sleep :-)
    SLEEP< We Don't Need No Friggin SLEEP
    11-23-08 11:21 PM
    I suspect its a rumor but we will see I doubt there is any great update coming out wthon four days of launch

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 11:33 PM
    I dont need them to update the phone i just need them to update the drivers for Pocket Mac
    11-23-08 11:35 PM
    i would think rumor if amyone besides CX said it - but his word is very accurate
    I suspect its a rumor but we will see I doubt there is any great update coming out wthon four days of launch

Agreed... but still hoping!!
    wont it be great to have an OTA update instead of the good old fashion hunt on google then manually uploading the newest beta available???

i can't wait!!!!
    11-23-08 11:37 PM

If it comes out of crucials mouth , its not a rumor.
    11-23-08 11:38 PM
    I wonder what this update will entail?
    11-23-08 11:42 PM
    i hate you and your wi fi rumors lol
    Yeah, maybe they will beam us a self installing wi fi radio over the air with the update. lol.
    11-23-08 11:44 PM
    Anyone think newer shipments would already be updated? My local store is supposed to get its first stock either this week or next.

11-23-08 11:48 PM
    ok WTH, I deleted the OTASL and undeleted 5 times and it's still not showing up? Any help here would be great
    11-23-08 11:52 PM
    I'm guessing the update will eliminate some of the lag issues.
    11-23-08 11:54 PM
    I'm guessing the update will eliminate some of the lag issues.
    Hope, hope.
    11-24-08 12:07 AM
    ok WTH, I deleted the OTASL and undeleted 5 times and it's still not showing up? Any help here would be great
    you're doing it wrong
    11-24-08 12:10 AM
    Well, from what I've read, the number of times required to bring it up varies from phone to phone, so..... Yeah.

11-24-08 12:23 AM
    ^^^^^ try it a few differnt times.. and make sure your deleting the right one lol..
    11-24-08 12:29 AM
    And make sure you are backing back out of the folder which holds the file you are deleting. IE you need to check under Advance Options, and not the service book folder.
    11-24-08 12:38 AM
    okay, so i think i read that this update is available from RIM as well because i'm looking at getting an unlocked vzw one for t-mobile... anyone know for sure that i can still get this update and all the cool exciting new stuff that we all know is coming?
    11-24-08 12:43 AM
    Make sure you back out all the way to the home screen just keep pressing back then when you go back it should be there.

Thats what i finally did cause i was aggravated then i went back for something else and it was there
    11-24-08 12:49 AM
    Options > advanced options > service book

Highlight "Provisioning [OTASL]", press the menu key and hit delete and confirm when it asks. Then immediately press the menu key again and press undelete.

I did this once and under advanced options I got wireless upgrade.
    That just worked for me on my Pearl 8130 with Bell Canada, thanks!
    11-24-08 01:03 AM
    I posted this in another thread also (I think).

I got the wireless upgrade option back after one try, but then when I click "check for upgrades" it tells me "unsable to send request for available upgrades"

Maybe that just means the upgrade isn't out yet, but I would think it would at least send a request?
    11-24-08 01:20 AM
    okay, so i think i read that this update is available from RIM as well because i'm looking at getting an unlocked vzw one for t-mobile... anyone know for sure that i can still get this update and all the cool exciting new stuff that we all know is coming?
    no, switch to verizon
    11-24-08 01:26 AM
128 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD