go to option , advance options, services books , delete prtuction something [stual] or something like that and then repeate like 5 times go back to options and then it will say wireless update
    How can you repeat this 5 times? I deleted Provisional (OTSAL) and it wasn't there the next time I went in so how can I do it 5 times?
    11-23-08 10:52 PM
    How can you repeat this 5 times? I deleted Provisional (OTSAL) and it wasn't there the next time I went in so how can I do it 5 times?
    now u need to hit menu and undelete and it will show up
    11-23-08 10:57 PM
    I did the delete/undelete once and my wireless update option was there. YMMV I guess.
    11-23-08 10:59 PM
    ^^^^ yup !!
    11-23-08 10:59 PM
    my desktop manager is asking me to update core applications of 4.7 again. I'm in the process of doing it now, and I notice the connection screen on the storm has changed to a white screen instead of the black one now...
    11-23-08 11:00 PM
    What is the real one I'm supposed to delete and where does the wireless thing show up in?
    11-23-08 11:00 PM
    oh well, still .65 and .82
    11-23-08 11:02 PM
    Guys what am I supposed to be deleting and undelting..... is that all I have to do? Where does wireless upgrade show up in after I do that?

Whats the actual file name I ahve to delete/undelete?

Thanks
    11-23-08 11:03 PM
    sooks does that really work? cause i dont have wireless upgrade either...
    you, just tried it. make sure you back out after doing this 4-5 times
    11-23-08 11:04 PM
    I purchased mine here in Portland, Oregon on Friday morning, I have had no lag issues. Mine actually looks as fast as crucials video. I am loving this phone, and if there is an update tomorrow which helps with the speed, even that much better. KariMaddox35 - If you don't wireless update do this and you'll have it, worked for me, my wife and many others on this forum.
    Yes this definitly works! thanks for the heads up.
    11-23-08 11:04 PM
    So is anyone going to tell us what actually needs to be deleted? I don't have the wireless upgrade and would like to get it so I can get the update tomorrow.
    11-23-08 11:05 PM
    Options > advanced options > service book

Highlight "Provisioning [OTASL]", press the menu key and hit delete and confirm when it asks. Then immediately press the menu key again and press undelete.

I did this once and under advanced options I got wireless upgrade.
    11-23-08 11:09 PM
    For those who are wondering how RIM could crank out a release so fast after release is quite simple. This was the release that was supposed to be on the phone before it shipped. Unfortunately they found a security bug that they could not fix in time, thus they sent out ones that they did not get a chance to flash from .65. to .82? or .86? This is what created the whole Storm shortage.

Simply put this was supposed to be the release software but minus the security bug. My guess is they have been testing this one for a long time as Verizon even approved it. But they had to stop the presses when they found the security flaw at the last minute.

At least that's my deductive reasoning from all the news and rumors I have been reading. This should be a very solid OS (not that I don't think .65 is not... I thought it was a good release).

Let's all thank RIM for having the moxy (and Verizon) for being man enough to make a mess of the launch to protect us from a big security flaw! That takes leadership and guts!

I bet they wished they could have shipped all the units so there would not of been supply issues. But when it comes to Security RIM does not fool (nor Verizon)!
    This is the Version I Just Downloaded tonight @ Midnight

v4.7.0.65 (Platform 4.0.0.82)

Looks Like a Change in Platform By Number

Used Desktop Manager to download it. Using the UPDATE Option.
    what happens if I deleted it then forgot to undelete it and its not there anymore?

That what I get for playing with setting I know nothing about...or failing to remember a step the 5th time i did it...
    11-23-08 11:11 PM
    go to option , advance options, services books , delete prtuction something [stual] or something like that and then repeate like 5 times go back to options and then it will say wireless update
    Worked like a charm the first time.. Thanks!
    11-23-08 11:12 PM
    v4.7.0.65 (Platform 4.0.0.82) This is what was shipped. This is not new. We have been through this bandwagon before.

When any update you find is greater than v4.7.0.65 (Platform 4.0.0.82) on the Verizon Blackberry Storm please tell us. Anything else, it's a false alarm.
    11-23-08 11:12 PM
    This is the Version I Just Downloaded tonight @ Midnight

v4.7.0.65 (Platform 4.0.0.82)

Looks Like a Change in Platform By Number

Used Desktop Manager to download it. Using the UPDATE Option.
    No, It Is Not, It Is The Same One We Have All Had Since Day One
    11-23-08 11:13 PM
    what happens if I deleted it then forgot to undelete it and its not there anymore?

That what I get for playing with setting I know nothing about...or failing to remember a step the 5th time i did it...
    How can you forget to undelete it IMMEDIATELY after you delete it? Your attention span that short?
    ^^^^^^^ hmm im not sure .. and to the guy who updated it its old .. you will see the .65 change to something like .91
    That the same OS version I have from friday when i purchased it....
    11-23-08 11:14 PM
    ya. its all the crack and no sleep :-)
    11-23-08 11:15 PM
    well that setting got deleted, but so far my phone is still operational. if its a bad thing, then hopefully the new updaye will fix what I screwed up...
    11-23-08 11:17 PM
    No, It Is Not, It Is The Same One We Have All Had Since Day One
    I thought mine had .67 on the Platform Number, Whoops Then
    11-23-08 11:18 PM
    the verizon rep told me wensday the update should be out. i went in and asked when they could update my phone and they said wensday. the update is out and done with. the phones in my local store were updated the morning of friday, i watched the tech do it. the phones were noticably faster. so this week should be the week its released
    11-23-08 11:18 PM
128 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD