as far as i know anything that is avaiable on the desktop or via rim or verizon. will be avaiable OTA aswell
    11-23-08 09:44 PM
    as far as i know anything that is avaiable on the desktop or via rim or verizon. will be avaiable OTA aswell
    Sweet! Thanks dude.
    11-23-08 09:45 PM
    The speed on my is good now so hopefully the update will make it great. Can't wait.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 09:49 PM
    i hear wifi is included with the new update!
    11-23-08 09:52 PM
    I to have battery problems. Maybe it's just me but I know that i get at least 3 to 4 hours then need a recharge.
    11-23-08 09:53 PM
    I don't see why tomm would be so surprising. The OS was done before release. I imagine it was a quick fix to the original release OS before the set back. I could be completely wrong tho also and maybe it will be even newer.

11-23-08 09:55 PM
    So how many times will we all be checking under the Advanced Options tab tomorrow??

U Know i dont have that update option on mine WTF
    11-23-08 09:55 PM
    this is pretty exciting... i planned on waiting weeks for this update.
    ::::fingers crossed::::
    11-23-08 09:56 PM
    any one think this update will help improve the battery life? 'cause i dunno about anyone else but i can stare at my storm and watch the battery bar go down lol
    Same here! I charged it today at noon and right now the battery is almost dead again! I hope this update fixes that!
    11-23-08 09:56 PM
    I purchased mine here in Portland, Oregon on Friday morning, I have had no lag issues. Mine actually looks as fast as crucials video. I am loving this phone, and if there is an update tomorrow which helps with the speed, even that much better. KariMaddox35 - If you don't wireless update do this and you'll have it, worked for me, my wife and many others on this forum.

Courtesy of fellow CB member -imann101-

Get over the air updates *WHEN AVAILABLE.*

some phones have the wireless update option in advances options, if not, do this:

options > advanced options > service book > hover* over 'provisioning [otasl]' > menu key > delete >menu key > undelete

repeat that a few times then go to the home screen again then options > advanced options and there should be a new thing that says wireless upgrade at the bottom
    11-23-08 09:57 PM
    U Know i dont have that update option on mine WTF
    Options > Advanced Options > Wireless Upgrade.

you dont have that?

Great call taz, mine had the wireless upgrade but this is helpful thanks.
    Last edited by dirtyjersey; 11-23-08 at 09:59 PM. Reason: new info
    11-23-08 09:58 PM
    The speed on my is good now so hopefully the update will make it great. Can't wait.

I agree... i really have no serious problems with the current OS .65. The accelerometer gets confused sometimes, but other than that it works fine.

I dunno, it's kind of exciting having a device that currently works VERY WELL, but knowing that something so much better is just a short time way!
    ut oh, i hope thats not just a rumor! but i highly doubt it will happen, time will tell!
    i hate you and your wi fi rumors lol
    11-23-08 09:59 PM
    LOL

11-23-08 10:00 PM
    hahah i figured someone had to say it!! and for those who don't know.. no there wont be any wifi in this update. maybe the next.

djeli, search the storm boards and you can find a fix for it.. mine didnt show it either but the fix i was provided with works.
    11-23-08 10:07 PM
    anyone want to guess on the version?

my guess is 4.7.0.90
    11-23-08 10:10 PM
    i thought u couldnt add wifi to a phone that never supported wifi from the start

can anyone clarify this....????

Or does the storm have a secret wifi chip???
    11-23-08 10:22 PM
    Here is my advanced options screen. I don't have the Wireless Upgrade either.

How do I go about getting that?
    11-23-08 10:22 PM
    go to option , advance options, services books , delete prtuction something [stual] or something like that and then repeate like 5 times go back to options and then it will say wireless update
    11-23-08 10:26 PM
    sooks does that really work? cause i dont have wireless upgrade either...
    11-23-08 10:30 PM
    Wait. Crucial made a video!? Where!?
    11-23-08 10:31 PM
    If the update is done OTA to the next OS version... How is the backup and restore dealt with? Does the OTA version not require that you have a backup and then restore the backup?
    11-23-08 10:34 PM
    If the update is done OTA to the next OS version... How is the backup and restore dealt with? Does the OTA version not require that you have a backup and then restore the backup?
    this..........
    11-23-08 10:39 PM
    Has anyone gotten the update??? Was today supposed to be the day?
    11-23-08 10:43 PM
128 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD