So what gives anyway this place used to be the place to hang out. Is all the storm 2 hoopla? Or is it the fact that the last couple of leaks have been pretty dull? The OS discussion forum is about as fun as watching paint dry. Where is the excitement? I have been away for a while an it sure seems like this place has died?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-09 02:30 PM
    ahhh! this place was more exciting once!??!? i think its mind boggling now....

O.o
    05-25-09 03:59 PM
    I agree. With sight of a new storm and slow leaks its became kinda dull.

05-25-09 04:10 PM
    I agree...is seems as if the rants have overwhelmed the raves...
    05-25-09 04:13 PM
    ..oh I remember the day....what a time....
    05-25-09 04:14 PM
    I dunno just seems like the Storm 2 has given all of the haters out there something to rally around. The "see I told you the Storm 1 sucks" threads are coming out of the woodwork.

I personally still like my Storm a ton and like surepress. Kinda chickenshat of RIM to ditch it so quickly. Good thing they are known for being solid because their attempt at being innovative has tanked.

Or is it that people just haven't or won't give it a chance?

Alot of people were saying it would suck before it even came out.
    05-25-09 05:17 PM
    bans have seemed to happen to this place. dunno though still fresh and such.
    05-25-09 05:19 PM
    bans have seemed to happen to this place. dunno though still fresh and such.
    bans? Did I miss something while I was absent?
    05-25-09 05:22 PM
    Well I for one am still very new here. I went through three storms in three months. I did the leaked updates and had pretty good luck, for a while anyway. After batteling with the third I went back to a curve 8330. I've had it for a couple of weeks now and I really do miss my storm a lot. In fact I miss it so much, I'm getting another one. Call me crazy but I feel I gavent given it enough of a chance. Anyway I got a brand new one on Ebay and when it gets here, I plan on updating immediately. Well after activating it. Anyway I really ejoy the forums and have learned so much from everybody here.

05-25-09 06:03 PM
    This site was always boring. All you have are thousands of threads of speculation and annoying banter.
    I barely come here anymore, and when I do, it's usually to check out themes.
    05-25-09 06:41 PM
    I must admit it has become a little dull so I've been on the video forum downloading movies... Still have found something to do here...
    05-25-09 07:46 PM
    I can't speak for everyone, but at least in my case, I just haven't had time to hang out here much this past couple weeks. Also, the latest .148 leak is good enough that I'm not checking every couple hours to see if anything new has popped up.
    05-25-09 08:05 PM
    It has turned into a hate storm place. I joined because I needed to learn how a bb worked. With people like you,patches,radio and civic, I now know quite a bit. Most might.be mad because of storm 2 or Verizon lack of an official upgrade but I still love my storm and am using .148 and its great. Glad u r back.

05-25-09 08:14 PM
    i think the problem became that we got filled with so many n00b's people coming on here looking for the latest and greatest as far as leaks and acting like they were actually entitled to something in which they were never supposed to have in the first place. Mods got sick of it and those in the know got sick of it so they stoped providing the leaks. some of them even stopped coming by as much Raido made a post the other day saying how he just doesnt enjoy coming to these forums as much.

also you have a lot of people who got the storm cause the whole smartphone phase where everyone wants a smartphone and the storm was the latest and greatest and when they saw all the bugs and the fact that it wasnt as pretty as some of its counterparts they ditched the phone and got a curve or just out right returned it and went back to whatever company they came from.

in all honesty i think alot of people just expected to much out of the storm and in turn they gave up on it.
    05-25-09 08:53 PM
    ...contribute to the decline in forum activity.

First, with the leaks since .122 or even .113 the device has become more stable and users are not spending the time looking for a build to solve their problems. Second, yes there are new devices are on the horizon. Many users are looking forward to the Storm 2 or even the Tour as something for their BB fix. Also, it is summer in many places, we are not stuck in the house for weeks on end. For some of us there are things that are also important in our lives. (notice I did not say MORE important).

I also think that it used to be way more exciting. Especially just before a new leak, and I miss the excitement and late nights awaiting out next BB fix.
    05-25-09 09:01 PM
    i think the problem became that we got filled with so many n00b's people coming on here looking for the latest and greatest as far as leaks and acting like they were actually entitled to something in which they were never supposed to have in the first place. Mods got sick of it and those in the know got sick of it so they stoped providing the leaks. some of them even stopped coming by as much Raido made a post the other day saying how he just doesnt enjoy coming to these forums as much.

also you have a lot of people who got the storm cause the whole smartphone phase where everyone wants a smartphone and the storm was the latest and greatest and when they saw all the bugs and the fact that it wasnt as pretty as some of its counterparts they ditched the phone and got a curve or just out right returned it and went back to whatever company they came from.

in all honesty i think alot of people just expected to much out of the storm and in turn they gave up on it.
    How much was to much? I think EVERYONE was expecting so much more from the Storm. I don't think that the Storm 2,(what a stupid frickin title, it needs a number) is going to be the end all be all of Blackberries.

My only problem with it will be the app memory. Its gonna have 256 and we will still all be stuck with half of that. Wifi is what it is. I wouldn't use it.

So I will not be running out to get a Storm 2. I think the 9530 is still a damn good smartphone. Not great but still good. It never lived up to the hype though.

Ah well heres to the next leak. Hopefully something in the .16x range.
    05-25-09 09:04 PM
    well i know that personally the bans have put a huge damper on my view of the place, not so much the reason for the bans, but how they are handled, and how the admins carry themselves...

and the leaks are getting to be pretty good, so less hype, people don't need fixes for everything to work right, etc...

but i've found solace in my new digs, and other interests...
    05-25-09 09:19 PM
    btw sooks got his 3rd lifetime ban...

that is an oxymoron...
    05-25-09 09:20 PM
    btw sooks got his 3rd lifetime ban...

that is an oxymoron...
    What the heck for? He went off on someone the other night, I caught a bit of that, but the thread was edited. Guess I can't ask or they might close this. Ah well, I think it was Madphone who mentioned that it used to be fun waiting for leaks. Well like ya said the Leaks have been stable ones. Need something to spice it up, not just the device loading up a half second faster or the camera taking a second less to take a picture.

We need some excitement up in here.

The Banhammer is quick an deadly.
    05-25-09 09:59 PM
    well i know that personally the bans have put a huge damper on my view of the place, not so much the reason for the bans, but how they are handled, and how the admins carry themselves...
    It's the God complex.....
    05-26-09 06:31 AM
    your not lyin some of these mods act like they are king **** when they are no one ****in special
    05-26-09 09:50 AM
    i kind of like the fact is quieter. The amount of BS threads about "vzw rep said this" has died down quite a bit.

I think alot of it is the users that were never meant to use the device have finally just moved on and accepted the storm is more than they can handle or its just not for them. They arent on here ******** about it. Kind of like natural selection.

I think the storm forums are much better overall than a couple months ago and you can actually find and get answers to questions.
    05-26-09 09:59 AM
    I had a post removed in response to patches' thread about VZW testing .148. It wasn't a flame to patches or anyone else, just a simple statement about how the thread will wind up being full of naysayers (and trolls) knockin it and the Storm. No foul language was used, wasn't sarcastic about it. The mod posted a warning in the thread about keepin it clean and on topic.

I think it took all of 2 pages to happen.

I've only been a member here a couple of months and i already have found a couple other sites to go to for information. I only come in here now for the homepage and for the comical posts. I can handle Storm bashing cuz we all have our opinions but 'fanboi' comments...name calling on a personal level...repeated threads bashing the device when most of the time its either bait or user error....it gets old.

This is a website for people with similiar interests to discuss said interests....strangers talking thru the internet. Its turned into a political campaign.

People take it WAY too serious.

05-26-09 10:15 AM
    Kinda a fine line between policing in the name of civil and moral cleanliness and outright censorship.

I hope that isn't what is taking place... Defeats the purpose of the forum.

05-26-09 10:38 AM
    If you ask me the forums died when they created the Storm Owner's forum.

It was nice when everything was in one forum and we could speculate in the same forum as everything else.

Now, once you mention anything other than the OS that is currently released it gets moved and no one sees it.

PLUS, with the new OS's working much better, people have less to complain about.

Honestly I don't even know why people bother with hybrids anymore. Hybrids were simply to fix something that the build couldn't do on its own.
    05-26-09 10:50 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD