The Storm forums remind me a bit of that old adage "Guns Don't Kill People, People Kill People".

Members need to remember...when things get a bit out of control in the Storm forums, it's not the "site" that's out of control. It's the people who are. If everybody just gets their own posts under control, then there's no cause for issue.

That said, I do get why things get a bit crazy from time to time.

Who's to blame? Honestly, RIM. None of the other device forums really go nuts like the Storm forum tends to (though the Sprint forums were pretty crazy waiting on the release of that 8330 a while back!).

I think long term things will settle down once RIM gets this device to a level of performance that satisfies it's owners, which obviously it's not quite there yet.
    03-10-09 07:15 PM
    rolling on the floor, was I THAT obvious.
    HAHA.... it just made the most sense.
    03-10-09 07:15 PM
    The Storm forums remind me a bit of that old adage "Guns Don't Kill People, People Kill People".

Members need to remember...when things get a bit out of control in the Storm forums, it's not the "site" that's out of control. It's the people who are. If everybody just gets their own posts under control, then there's no cause for issue.

Who's to blame? Honestly, RIM. None of the other device forums really go nuts like the Storm forum tends to (though the Sprint forums were pretty crazy waiting on the release of that 8330 a while back!).

I think long term things will settle down once RIM gets this device to a level of performance that satisfies it's owners, which obviously it's not quite there yet.
    but Kevin people are saying that the releases are so much better , but dont we have to wait for verizon to release them , so im confused on how this is RIM's fault

i meant later releases like .14x and so forth
    Last edited by bfreistat; 03-10-09 at 07:21 PM. Reason: needed to add
    03-10-09 07:19 PM
    so Kevin...... are you saying it was just the "members" that had gotten out of control??
    no fault at all to any mods?? or maybe you havent had a chance to read it. just trying to see what your thinking.
    Last edited by shiftmx72; 03-10-09 at 07:30 PM.
    03-10-09 07:20 PM
    RIM / Any smartphone manufacturer should not release a device before it's ready for primetime. People who fork out good money for a device shouldn't need to be waiting for leaked updates or official software updates to make it better. That's the way it should come.

>>but Kevin people are saying that the releases are so much better , but dont we have to wait for verizon to release them , so im confused on how this is RIM's fault
    03-10-09 07:23 PM
    um we are in the lounge which was made for people to shoot the s**t , if you dont like it , then go to another area , this is where these threads should be

This post is fine, but 20 posts about what the next OS is and such is a rant. To many people have dumbed down this forum. Do you not agree with that?
    03-10-09 07:24 PM

I hope and pray RIM will actually get that done; I am rather dubious at this point.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-09 07:24 PM
    This post is fine, but 20 posts about what the next OS is and such is a rant. To many people have dumbed down this forum. Do you not agree with that?
    we agreee on that
    03-10-09 07:25 PM
    RIM / Any smartphone manufacturer should not release a device before it's ready for primetime. People who fork out good money for a device shouldn't need to be waiting for leaked updates or official software updates to make it better. That's the way it should come.

>>but Kevin people are saying that the releases are so much better , but dont we have to wait for verizon to release them , so im confused on how this is RIM's fault
    RIM did not release the Storm to the public, Verizon and other carriers did. The carriers found the device acceptable enough for public use. They could have rejected it but did not. This is not just RIM's fault.
    03-10-09 07:27 PM
    Exactly, this is not a free nokia with 2yr activation. They jumped the gun on releasing this device, RIM will even admit that.

absolutely , but didnt Verizon make RIM rush the device , that is what i have been led to believe especially from people who are in the know in here ?

and regardless of a few people on here and a few mods . this is a great resource , so good job to you
    so Kevin.... i guess no comment on the mods then??
    i guess i cant blame you there.
    03-10-09 07:28 PM

Agreed, that the phone is not there yet.

We hear that the OS is in the .15X OS range and that it is getting "Close"

But it is hard when you have put your hard earned money into it to hear that you have to WAIT for Verizon to decide when you should be able to have the phone you paid for.
    03-10-09 07:29 PM
    Kevin needs to post more often
    03-10-09 07:32 PM
    I didn't fully read through the threads cause they're crazy and make me crazy to read them. I get the premise of what happened though.

As for where I'm at with it? Skip the reason, forget the craziness, go straight to the solution and move on from there. Hope it doesn't happen again. I like going for low stress.

Re: That Moderator Account. No, I didn't make any posts from it. And actually, that account has now been...err..moderated. The premise of having that account is for "group type" moderation announcements - in other words, the "voice" of that moderater account should belong to the "site" and not to an individual using it to make a post instead of their regular account. No biggie. Done. Move on.
    03-10-09 07:33 PM
    ATT did the right thing with the Bold and pushed back it's release till it was closer to being ready. VZW pushed the Storm out the door LONG before it was ready. It's STILL not ready, but as VZW CEO I might have sent it out with the .100+ builds
    03-10-09 07:34 PM
    And Errr... yeah, we can blame the Carriers for pushing the release of the device. But still... the manufacturer ultimately should be able to say "it's not ready" as it is their brand on the line, more so than the carriers.
    03-10-09 07:34 PM
    k.. good enough, thanks for replying.
    03-10-09 07:36 PM
    And Errr... yeah, we can blame the Carriers for pushing the release of the device. But still... the manufacturer ultimately should be able to say "it's not ready" as it is their brand on the line, more so than the carriers.
    Thats what I always thought, being that they are ultimately the ones whom control THEIR OWN image. I know for a fact that if I were RIM, i wouldnt want to put out a half assed phone and potentially ruin my reputation just because "Verizon told me so."
    03-10-09 07:37 PM
    Sorry to say Kevin but you'll be back asking for calm a week from now. You gave in to the terrorist demands and now they know if they cause enough ruckus they may get what they riot for.
    03-10-09 07:38 PM
    Yeah...let's blame the Canadians!!..lol
    03-10-09 07:41 PM
    Another large part of the problem is that people that would generally never use or own a Blackberry device, like OMG! bought one because it's a NEW touchscreen. It definatly creates a divide between tech savy users, and people who've never used a smartphone. A Blackberry is definatly NOT plug and play for the average consumer. You're right though. A rock or two can be thrown at just about everyone, including myself for buying it, but ultimatly RIM should have the most bruises. Hopefully the Niagara won't have these issues.
    03-10-09 07:41 PM
    "Blame Canada"

Wait... i'm Canadian....

Screw you
    03-10-09 07:42 PM
    I wouldn't normally step into a conversation about something I missed but I was wondering this so called leak that everyone is wanting will it be for just the 9530 users or will us Vodafone 9500 users be able to use the leak when it arrives.

I'm not one of the people who would normally ask but I just wanted to check with me being a Blackberry newby.

And I'm sorry if I cause any further creating.
    03-10-09 07:43 PM
    BlackBerry Storm owners are never terrorists in my book! It's only fans of the competition that I'd ever take issue with
    03-10-09 07:44 PM
362 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD