I just want to know why if RIM knows that a certain build has certain bugs in it that could cause a carrier to fail it would they still give it to that carrier? why dont they just give them a build that has none of those bugs present.

It just seems as tho Verizon says we are failing .141 and RIM says here is .148 it fixes all these different things. . . . so why not give them .148 from the beginning?

im just lost because it just seems like RIM knows the flaws in these builds and has change logs that says what doesnt work and what does and what gets fixed but they still give the carriers builds with flaws . . .

I could be wrong about this whole thing but im just curious.

Also does Verizon make the Change Logs we see or does RIM make the change logs?
    05-25-09 03:49 PM
    RIM gives VZW many different builds they can test. They have many builds at different levels in testing and no one knows from the beginning when or if it will fail. Remember RIM is done building 4.7 builds and have been for quite awhile so its not like they can find out the "bugs" from VZW testing and then fix it. The findings would be incorperated into upcoming 5.0 builds though.
    05-25-09 03:56 PM
    RIM gives VZW many different builds they can test. They have many builds at different levels in testing and no one knows from the beginning when or if it will fail. Remember RIM is done building 4.7 builds and have been for quite awhile so its not like they can find out the "bugs" from VZW testing and then fix it. The findings would be incorperated into upcoming 5.0 builds though.
    Well thats why i was asking who makes the change logs. because if its RIM that makes the change logs you would think that they would send builds without some glaring bugs in them.

If its Verizon then my whole rant/questioning is meaningless lol
    05-25-09 04:00 PM
    WHAAATT!?!?!?

You got the wrong person doc

I hardly ever complain and in fact I love my storm I was just curious as to how this testing thing worksm maybe you should do research before making statements out your ****
    I believe it is time to move this to the rants section, this has nothing to do with BBOS, other than you not likeing the way testing goes, with as much complaining as you do I think it is time that you give up your BB.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-09 05:01 PM
    I hate how people make it such a big deal of witch forum thread its in and what not its a website of disscution people jsut ask questions and its our (other posters) to try to answer questions
    05-25-09 05:11 PM
    Maybe they are just buying time till 5.0? Maybe 148 is best build in 4.7 series?
    05-25-09 05:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD