I had one when it originally came out but returned it. Is it any better now? Are there still issues or does it seem to be running smoothly?

Also, how is the battery life my wasn't very good and I wasn't doing a lot of web surfing on it.

Are there any special discounts out there that anyone knows of to get a lower priced plan from verizon, just seems like verizon is the most expensive.
    05-31-09 02:59 PM
    Only 30 minutes into the update but looks good to me. Solved one of my major issues the camera is right on! Seems to move very fast and typing text messages has imprpved as well. I will give it a thumbs up for now. I was upgrading from .75 just fyi
    05-31-09 03:05 PM
    I had the new update for about 3 weeks since it was first leaked. its better then .75 not the best the phone can be, but better then .75
    05-31-09 03:06 PM
    I wonder when my phone will get the msg to update...last number of my phone is 5 and my gf is 8....wed or thurs I'm guessing...I'm actually glad this is coming out now, most of my problems and phone returns have been due to .75 and it quarky issues...and I'm hoping that .148 will fix atleast most of them..

I already have the great clickable screen...(No dead spots)...and believe it or not my camera is pretty snappy too...and thats on . 75...

Can't wait...
    05-31-09 03:18 PM
    ya the update has made me love my storm so much more! It runs more smoothly and i was upgrading from .75 also
    05-31-09 03:18 PM
    I don't even understand why you people were still on .75
    you understand that the leak is exactly the same as the 'official', and thus makes it very odd that you didn't upgrade when the leak was out.
    05-31-09 03:27 PM
    i have been running .148 for about 2 weeks now and i think it is the best upgraded OS i have run to date. it is much quicker and much more stable. there are times where it may be a little slow but overall it is a decent OS. the battery life on the Storm is going to be less then what you are used to from other blackberrys because the Storm's Touchscreen, like all touchscreens uses up a lot of power. but I have noticed a bit of a difference in battery life. for me it was some what gradual since i have had about 4 or 5 different versions of the OS between .75 and .148, with each upgraded version giving me incremental increases, but if you are going from .75 to .148 it will probably be more evident
    05-31-09 03:27 PM
    I've been using the leaked .148 for a week now and I think there alot of improvements.. Highly recommend this update..
    05-31-09 03:30 PM
    I had one when it originally came out but returned it. Is it any better now? Are there still issues or does it seem to be running smoothly?

Also, how is the battery life my wasn't very good and I wasn't doing a lot of web surfing on it.

Are there any special discounts out there that anyone knows of to get a lower priced plan from verizon, just seems like verizon is the most expensive.
    tisk tisk tisk...no perfect phones out there runs more smoothly the only discounts are bogos from Verizon everyone else wants fulll retail
    05-31-09 03:33 PM

Yea it is different. Much better in my opinion. Many of us have been running .148 for quite some time now. There are many threads on this update and yes the .148 we have been running for a month is EXACTLY the same as todays Verizon release.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 03:42 PM
    I wonder when my phone will get the msg to update...last number of my phone is 5 and my gf is 8....wed or thurs I'm guessing...I'm actually glad this is coming out now, most of my problems and phone returns have been due to .75 and it quarky issues...and I'm hoping that .148 will fix atleast most of them..

I already have the great clickable screen...(No dead spots)...and believe it or not my camera is pretty snappy too...and thats on . 75...

Can't wait...
    My number ends in 5 also and I got my email at 12:57 PST. Only took about 15 minutes to DL it
    05-31-09 03:59 PM
    Man, when are they going to release a OS that is worth a crap. Now that I've upgraded I can see transparency graphic issues, it's not running any faster. The only thing that is better is the camera speed. But the graphics got WAY WORSE!!!!!!!! Making my phone look like a turd!!! Verizon and RIM suck.
    05-31-09 04:03 PM
    this is kinda stupid, having a hassel running it and cant even get it to install correctly...my DM says i cant download it because of administration purposes...but i am the administrator completly wack if you ask me im waiting for 7 for my best bet which is the OTA download this is garbage it better be worth it
    05-31-09 04:21 PM
    I don't even understand why you people were still on .75
    you understand that the leak is exactly the same as the 'official', and thus makes it very odd that you didn't upgrade when the leak was out.
    Maybe if you had a job and understood how strict some corporate IT folks are then you would understand why everyone can't just upgrade. Enough with these comments already.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 04:45 PM
    Man, when are they going to release a OS that is worth a crap. Now that I've upgraded I can see transparency graphic issues, it's not running any faster. The only thing that is better is the camera speed. But the graphics got WAY WORSE!!!!!!!! Making my phone look like a turd!!! Verizon and RIM suck.
    yeah its called color banding. we have had this problem sicne the leaks after .75 you would have thought that RIM and verizon would care to make the screen on the storm look good, but it looks like crap! .75 by far as the best image quility. the color banding makes the phone look cheep
    05-31-09 05:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD