Ive been back and forth between the lg dare, blackberry curve and storm for the better part of the last year, and my wife stole my curve from me, leaving me with only a storm since i sold the dare... which leads me to my dillema:

anyone else feeling like the storm just isnt living up to its potential lately and just cant hold out for the niagra? im running 109, im sick of using beta's, verizon or rim whoever does these operating systems are taking their time... Anyones input would be appreciated, lately i could care less about checking email on my phone and could do without the data plan.
    03-24-09 11:06 PM
    What kind of input are you looking for exactly?

If you dont check email on it, and dont use the data, you could have a razor or something and be satisfied for your needs.

The Storm is a great phone IMO. There are issues for sure, but nothing major really. I say ride it out. Things will get better.
    03-24-09 11:08 PM
    well what in particular bothers you about the storm that would make life better with the Dare? i cant seem to think anything the dare can do better, or faster than the storm...
    03-24-09 11:08 PM
    I felt the same way. Orientation would only switch when I literally shook it, the keyboard was ridiculous, it would freeze, I had to do multiple battery pulls a day, and while it was charging, it would heat up so much, it was hot to the touch. And this was with multiple Storms. They kept giving me new ones when i had to go back in with various problems, such as the touch screen no longer responding.

I loved the BB features so I went to a Curve and have never been happier. The Dare is fun, but after leaving high school, I tired of phones like that and the Voyager/enV/chocolate that I had. I need a phone that can keep up with me, and the Curve does just that, while still having some fun features (awesome music player, twitterberry, etc).
    03-24-09 11:11 PM
    The fact that you could do without the data plan isn't a fault of the Storm, or any other phone that does require and use a data plan.

Go for broke and get a regular phone.
    03-24-09 11:11 PM
    I think its because your looking as the storm as just a phone, and not necessarily a BlackBerry.

We got the storm because its a touchscreen BB.

Not because its another touchscreen phone.

And I know you said the curve, but I think your rocking it because of its amazing keyboard for VZW. But then again use a Voyager.

There you go. Get a Voyager.
    03-24-09 11:14 PM
    .. I played with the dare @ a Verizon store when i was in for upgrading a line. Let me just say, I rated it as "glyde" quality. Those other "touchscreen" phones verizon have are complete jokes.
    And.. of coarse, they're not blackberries. I've been using a blackberry for about three years - no chance of going back.
    03-24-09 11:14 PM
    Get an iPhone!

EDIT:

If you want a toy, get and iPhone

If you want a POS, get a Dare

If you want something useful, keep the Storm
    03-24-09 11:16 PM
    the dare is a great phone. however, the storm just blows it out of the water.

sounds like you want a toy iphone
    03-24-09 11:52 PM
    Yeah I used to have a Dare and it sucked in my opinion. I had it for about 4 months...I like to call that time The Great Depression
    03-24-09 11:56 PM
    <shakin head>

I think the Storm is starting to live up to where it could be. Lots of apps coming along now, the OS is right where it should be, I have zero complaints right now.
    03-24-09 11:57 PM
    Ive been back and forth between the lg dare, blackberry curve and storm for the better part of the last year, and my wife stole my curve from me, leaving me with only a storm since i sold the dare... which leads me to my dillema:

anyone else feeling like the storm just isnt living up to its potential lately and just cant hold out for the niagra? im running 109, im sick of using beta's, verizon or rim whoever does these operating systems are taking their time... Anyones input would be appreciated, lately i could care less about checking email on my phone and could do without the data plan.
    Good luck with your Dare! I had one before I got my Storm. I didn't realize what a POS it was until my Storm came along.
    03-25-09 12:29 AM
    .. I played with the dare @ a Verizon store when i was in for upgrading a line. Let me just say, I rated it as "glyde" quality. Those other "touchscreen" phones verizon have are complete jokes.
    And.. of coarse, they're not blackberries. I've been using a blackberry for about three years - no chance of going back.
    Werd
    03-25-09 12:54 AM
    I feel the same way, and I don't want the Niagara.

It's putting up my contract on craigslist and look for a contract takeover from rogers, then getting the bold.

And I will NEVER repeat this mistake again - my 8800 was perfect (but I lost it), and since the bold is an upgrade of it, I'll stick with the bold.

The only reason people are defending it so much is because they've lived with it for so long and became accustomed to it's flaws, just like any iphone user.. or any other phone that slightly passes the test of performance.

The main issue I have with it is the keyboard - I want something with buttons. I almost hate texting now, which is a complete 180 degrees since the time of my 8800.
    03-25-09 02:53 AM

I think you should keep your storm
    03-25-09 06:35 AM
    man i came from a dare to the storm and based on my experience i will always have a blackberry
    03-25-09 06:36 AM
    Posts like this are just silly. If you don't like the phone, get rid of it. Can't imagine why you'd want to announce this here....on a Storm board. Maybe you hoped folks would talk you out of it? Why should anyone here care? Do what you want.
    03-25-09 06:55 AM
    The whole discussion is based on opinions. I find it very similar to a mac vs pc discussion. Yeah, certain Storm FW's are flawed but then you only need upgrade it and it'll work fine. OK, "standard" phones may not hang as much but then they don't quite do as much.

I've worked in the mobile industry for years now and there was always one rule really, the more it does the more can go wrong! I'd say considering how much the Storm does I personally don't mind the odd problem.
    03-25-09 07:07 AM
    I agree with you. The Storm does not live up to what it should. I returned it and got a curve. I did have a voyager before and I have to tell you it was a great phone that did the whole email/tv/navi thing
    03-25-09 07:27 AM
    Well that explains it, YOUR GAY
    03-25-09 01:09 PM
    dont get what you want, you seem pretty decided on changing.

k bye!
    03-25-09 01:11 PM
    I loved my Dare for a dumbphone but I'd never go back to it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 01:14 PM
    Yea I would say that the Dare is a poor choice to go back to. But with that said I agree the Storm isn't living to its potential and where is RIM to make it right?

Blackberry's market share has gone up 8.5% in the last quarter so they have to be doing something right.
    03-25-09 01:22 PM
    sounds like all your storm issues are user error like most people around here.
    03-25-09 01:24 PM
    <shakin head>

I think the Storm is starting to live up to where it could be. Lots of apps coming along now, the OS is right where it should be, I have zero complaints right now.
    I agree, I was so disappointed in the beginning but after installing 114 and 113. I love my storm
    03-25-09 01:25 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD