You have to get used to it reading this forum
    05-05-09 07:02 AM
    For the love of christ. Are you so inept that you cant even figure out how to do this when a video has been made to show you? It's really simple (although it has become apparent that it isn't simple enough for some....), I guess I will quote my own post. Maybe then you will actually learn how to work your phone Sorry about the sarcasm, but this is just ridiculous!

I didn't actually watch the video originally, I must have missed that post, but it doesn't matter, even following the instructions step by step, it does not work on my phone. When I try to click on the person's name, it won't click off of the date (I know the name won't be highlighted). I made my font as big as possible hoping that would help, but it did not.
    05-05-09 11:00 AM
    Try just resting your finger on the name. Clicking it doesn't work.

Also it might help if we knew which OS you are using. I can verify it works on .75, .113, and crackmans .114 hybrid.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-09 11:33 AM
    Hmm, that's weird because I have .75
    05-05-09 12:18 PM
    Ok, I admit I'm an *****. I was trying it from texts that were sent to me and it doesn't work then. I just tried it on a text that I sent and it worked. Ok, wait even further I just tried it on a different text that I sent and it won't work. Hmm, this is weird. Does it only work for the last text you sent? Because that seems to be what it happening. I just got this on Sunday, so I am really new at it.
    05-05-09 12:28 PM
    Hmm, now it will work for texts that I sent or were sent to me, but only for one person. I can't get it to work for any other texts, but it works for all of the texts to and from this one person.

I know I'm being really annoying, I'm sorry.
    05-05-09 12:40 PM
    are all the people you tried listed in your phone already as contacts? I will have an unknown phone send me a text and see if I can call them back in a little bit.

05-05-09 01:51 PM
    Scratch that theory. I just called back a strange phone and it went through fine. It picks up the phone number from within the message itself. Tomorrow I can try it on a phone still running .75 to make sure my memory isn't failing me! It is odd that your phone picks and chooses......Hmmmmm.

05-05-09 02:05 PM
    That doesn't mean it is smart or safe. In my area a woman just got sentenced to 6 years in jail for causing an accident and killing someone while texting and driving.
    As she should. There should be a mandatory 20 year loss of license to whomever texts and drives. It should also be a second degree murder charge to anyone who kills someone if they are texting while driving.

As to answer the posters question. Why don't you use the voice command option on your storm to call the person? If you must text while driving please install vlingo so you can at least keep your eyes on the road. With vlingo installed, you can also use voice command to call a person.

Anther thing is if a person needs to speak to you that bad... here is a novel idea, why don't they call you? Instead of texting you they could always just dial your number. Call me old fashion but it is still a phone and can receive calls right?
    Last edited by j7469; 05-05-09 at 02:20 PM.
    05-05-09 02:16 PM
    OK, had a chance to mess with a .75 OS storm this afternoon. It was the same as mine, all the text dialing methods depicted in my video worked the same as mine on the updated OS. We even tried to call several people just to be sure. I don't know what could be wrong with your phone....have you figured out anything yet?
    05-07-09 07:40 PM
    As she should. There should be a mandatory 20 year loss of license to whomever texts and drives. It should also be a second degree murder charge to anyone who kills someone if they are texting while driving.

As to answer the posters question. Why don't you use the voice command option on your storm to call the person? If you must text while driving please install vlingo so you can at least keep your eyes on the road. With vlingo installed, you can also use voice command to call a person.

Anther thing is if a person needs to speak to you that bad... here is a novel idea, why don't they call you? Instead of texting you they could always just dial your number. Call me old fashion but it is still a phone and can receive calls right?
    so all (or at least most) blackberry users should lose their license for 20 years? that's pretty lame...
    05-08-09 09:15 AM

Can anyone explain why what is supposed to be the most advanced phone ever from both BB and VZW can not make a call from an SMS screen like every other phone ever made????

RE: I get a text that says "call me right away"

What do I have to do with ANY OTHER PHONE???

1) Hit the send key and maybe decide which number for the contact that SMS'd me to call them back at (mobile,home,work...) DONE!!!!

On my STORM...
    What do I have to do???

1)Exit the SMS.
    2)Go to the contacts
    3)Look up the person (we all know how long that takes to do with no flick scrolling)
    4)Select the number of the contact to call them on (home, mobile...)
    5)Hit send

This is ridiculous!!!!!!!

BTW. There is a shortcut. If you call it that. When on the recieved SMS screen you can hover your finger over the contact's name. Then click it (you won't know if you did it right or not because there is no indication that it has been selected). Then open the menu, and OMG there is an option to call that contact.

I left out the best part....

Try to do this while your driving. Good luck and I hope you have Air Bags.

I am hating my Storm more and more each day. The apps are nice and though I have done my fare share of leaked OS installs that were much better than .75, I'm an inch or so away from switching to another device. One I can actually use as to communicate with.

One last gripe. I can not activate on BES with this phone wirelessly. It tries for days killing my already overworked battery. I end up turning the Radio on and off and magically it moves a bit further through the activation but never finishes. Seriously... WTF.

This thing is clearly not ripe and should have been left on the tree until it
    was. Both RIM and Verizon should be ashamed of this joke of a device and more so should at least release an OS that works. It's been 5 months since the release. I truly feel that WE, as consumers, have not squeaked enough to get oiled.
    or you could go bbkey>call contact...hard i know
    05-16-09 08:18 PM
    or you could go bbkey>call contact...hard i know
    Unless this person isn't a contact

This really is the problem with the storm that I see, a total lack of consistency in the phone. Mine works fine but many others don't. Little things like this, or bigger issues like random reboots. If I were RIM/Version I would be embarassed by the storm.

Honestly, I am somewhat suprised at all number of people who defend the storm like it was their own personal design. How can you be so emotionally invested in your phone, to the point of insulting someone who doesn't like the way it works or had problems with it?

This simple fact is the guy is complaining about a fair issue, simply how hard would it have been to be able to hit the send button when reading a text and have it make a call? Anything more then that is just simply poor design even if it is still fairly simple. Anyone who knows about UI understands that.
    05-16-09 09:28 PM
    are all the people you tried listed in your phone already as contacts? I will have an unknown phone send me a text and see if I can call them back in a little bit.

Scratch that theory. I just called back a strange phone and it went through fine. It picks up the phone number from within the message itself. Tomorrow I can try it on a phone still running .75 to make sure my memory isn't failing me! It is odd that your phone picks and chooses......Hmmmmm.

This really is the problem with the storm that I see, a total lack of consistency in the phone. Mine works fine but many others don't. Little things like this, or bigger issues like random reboots. If I were RIM/Version I would be embarassed by the storm.

Honestly, I am somewhat suprised at all number of people who defend the storm like it was their own personal design. How can you be so emotionally invested in your phone, to the point of insulting someone who doesn't like the way it works or had problems with it?

This simple fact is the guy is complaining about a fair issue, simply how hard would it have been to be able to hit the send button when reading a text and have it make a call? Anything more then that is just simply poor design even if it is still fairly simple. Anyone who knows about UI understands that.
    Not if it's not an issue.

As many people pointed out. How do we know if the OP isnt just so damaged he cant figure it out? We get a lot of those around here. So if we're not to keen on cutting slack, it's because most of the problems posted on here are because the user cant be bothered to even try to figure it out.

It's trendy to hate the storm. People love to bash it
    05-16-09 10:33 PM
    Not if it's not an issue.

As many people pointed out. How do we know if the OP isnt just so damaged he cant figure it out? We get a lot of those around here. So if we're not to keen on cutting slack, it's because most of the problems posted on here are because the user cant be bothered to even try to figure it out.

It's trendy to hate the storm. People love to bash it
    +1 to your post. Storms don't kill people. Uninformed noobs kill people. If the guy wasn't damaged he might have phrased his problem in the form of a question rather then a rant. Anger management issues much? It is called a manuel. Pick it up. It reads left to right.

05-17-09 10:32 PM
    for goodness sake its a cell phone not actual computer it has limits, why dont everybody that hate the storm so much strap a laptop on their side if you want it to be so damn fast and better and more perfect -i feel much better now
    stormy you complain and moan about your phone everyday on here why all of a sudden a lover of it?
    05-18-09 09:14 AM

actually i have a text in my inbox not from a contact, i highlighted bbkey>OMFG call that number right there wow again that was rough and you can highlight the contact and hit send and it will call directly to god(if he sent the message)
    05-18-09 09:16 AM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD