RIM Isn't Done With SurePress Just Yet | CrackBerry.com

How do you think it will be incorporated into the Storm's successor? And does that change anyone's stance on whether or not they will make the jump to the new device?
    Last edited by kinggeoff; 05-28-09 at 09:45 AM. Reason: sheer and utter stupidity ;)
    05-28-09 08:48 AM
    05-28-09 08:53 AM
    Haha! I caught that too.

Anyway, I've read that one of the bigger car audio component companies came out with a touchscreen head unit that lets you somehow "feel" the on-screen buttons and gives some sort of feedback when you press them. I have absolutely no idea how this works, but if it finds its way into the Storm 2, I forsee a "revolution" (if you will) in the cell phone world.
    05-28-09 08:59 AM
    BB did not have a predecessor before the Storm.
    05-28-09 09:00 AM
    I am speculating here, perhaps Storm 2 will have the option to turn surepress on/off. To me it makes sense it gives flexibility to the device and will appeal to a much more broader audience.

Even right now Storm 1 can have that ability. The surepress mechanism requires a firm press or click and when it is static, it is very responsive.
    05-28-09 09:20 AM
    BB did not have a predecessor before the Storm.
    kinggeoff is great at trying to make those who have issues or complaints with the Storm feel stupid. I guess we know who the stupid one is now.
    05-28-09 09:35 AM
    Haha! I caught that too.

Anyway, I've read that one of the bigger car audio component companies came out with a touchscreen head unit that lets you somehow "feel" the on-screen buttons and gives some sort of feedback when you press them. I have absolutely no idea how this works, but if it finds its way into the Storm 2, I forsee a "revolution" (if you will) in the cell phone world.
    bendable OLED screens are not too far away so buttons that raise with mechanical buttons under the screen are not too far-fetched
    05-28-09 09:40 AM
    hahahah dohhhhhhhhhhhhhh

im sorry ladies and gentlemen

im tired and reworded this post like 12 times
    forgot to change that up

i will edit
    05-28-09 09:41 AM
    kinggeoff is great at trying to make those who have issues or complaints with the Storm feel stupid. I guess we know who the stupid one is now.
    noooo!! my one weakness!! if only i never made any mistakes, then i could be just like you

how you enjoying your phone?
    Last edited by kinggeoff; 05-28-09 at 09:52 AM.
    05-28-09 09:43 AM
    bendable OLED screens are not too far away so buttons that raise with mechanical buttons under the screen are not too far-fetched
    Question for this would be how to change the "raises" to match with what's displayed on the screen.
    05-28-09 10:13 AM
    calling people stupid is stupid.
    05-28-09 10:25 AM
    Well he's right, I am stupid... but it's a sliding scale
    05-28-09 10:48 AM
    that interview was garbage too...they only posted the contreversial stuff, i want to hear what the guy has to say! whatever...i hate the media. especially the internet media.
    05-28-09 10:51 AM
    Question for this would be how to change the "raises" to match with what's displayed on the screen.
    i dont know, but the answer is worth millions
    05-28-09 10:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD