so i saw the pics of the new storm 2 and the video and they say that the top buttons are for power and mute. so im wondering no phone locking for the new storm 2? or are they combined between power and lock? u kno pressing it once locks the phone and holding it for 3sec turns the power?
    05-22-09 11:26 AM
    Maybe. If not you can just do what I did when I had a Curve, set one of the buttons on the side as the lock.
    05-22-09 11:27 AM
    Adding StormSlider feature like the iPhone?
    05-22-09 12:33 PM
    Im more worried about it not having a proximity sensor, i cant believe it was left off the storm 1. Yes you can download a third party app to fix the issue but it shoud be hardware based. Wouldnt you think!
    05-22-09 12:56 PM
    I would say they're combined.. that's my guess
    05-22-09 12:57 PM
    I'm guessing dude misspoke about that. Every other key is identical to the Storm 1, i'm sure the lock key is no different.
    05-22-09 01:02 PM
    I'm guessing dude misspoke about that. Every other key is identical to the Storm 1, i'm sure the lock key is no different.
    the button looks different, has what looks like a power symbol

05-22-09 01:07 PM
    This was discussed in another thread... I would assume that you would press it quickly to lock the phone, and hold it down to actually power the phone on and off. It can function as both.
    05-22-09 01:24 PM
    yeah it swings both ways
    05-22-09 03:18 PM
    It will probably be a shortcut icon on screen, Storm 1 has shortcuts for lock and power off. Both of these shortcuts are faster than the physical buttons. It takes at least twice as long to turn off my phone when I use the end key to power off.
    05-22-09 04:01 PM
    =
    LED looks different aswell.....
    05-24-09 11:00 AM
    You don't need a dedicated Lock button. That's what the icon is for if you need to lock instead of using a holster.

Besides, the new power button had to be a physical one, because the old button that was the End key is not a physical one anymore, so the OS needs to be running to register a press on that one.

But hey, chances are good you'll be able to hit power once to put it in suspend and press it again to wake it up similar to the current lock button. Holding the button down would be what triggers a power-off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-09 02:08 PM
    i would assume that all above are correct. it's probably similar to 'gasp' the iPhone.
    05-24-09 03:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD