honestly, i know im not the only one upset about this. in fact, i think its UNBELIEVABLE. they have yet to even fix the first gen's OS and yet they are on the verge of releasing its next of kin.

it disgusts me to no end and i think we all deserve a discount on a new device if this phone is out in less than a month or two
    05-21-09 04:49 PM
    You'd think if you were that po'd you wouldn't want to buy another one hahah
    05-21-09 04:51 PM
    I held on to the Storm for 6 months, convincing myself it was a good phone. Finally ditched it, and now I laugh that even RIM is ditching it as well. It is a sub-par device, even RIM is saying it is. They are ditching their "ground breaking" technology of "sure press" for a simple touchscreen.

Sell it on eBay while you can, get your money back.
    05-21-09 06:12 PM
    I heard the storm2 has wifi and makes a MEAN toaster strudel it will seek out all the original storms and ....TERMINATE THEM :|
    05-21-09 06:25 PM
    I'm loving these forums more and more everyday. I think if you're really pissed you should watch very carefully how this Storm 2 situation plays out. If you don't get a decent discount on the new Storm you should definitely think about a new phone or *gasp* a new network. I really don't want to leave VZW but I'm really disappointed. I may have to go to the deathstar until the Jesusphone comes to VZW next year. For me, well they're gonna have to give me a new phone (the Tour is nice). I know it's unlikely but it's what I want.
    05-21-09 06:30 PM
    Yeah here is your discount. Sell your Storm now and hold the money for the Storm 2. That is all the discount you will get.
    05-21-09 06:32 PM
    Yeah here is your discount. Sell your Storm now and hold the money for the Storm 2. That is all the discount you will get.
    and lather, rinse, repeat for the storm 3! don't even THINK about the storm 4 though...it's hush hush.
    05-21-09 06:35 PM

Well then verizon is going to have A LOT of pissed off customers...
    05-21-09 06:36 PM
    That's pretty much it.

Zilch.

Zero.

Nada.

But then some of us don't want one

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 06:36 PM
    Read these forums.

They already do.

05-21-09 06:37 PM
    and lather, rinse, repeat for the storm 3! don't even THINK about the storm 4 though...it's hush hush.
    You and I both know that the 4th movie in a series is good. 1-3 always the best .
    05-21-09 06:38 PM
    most of whom seem to be DYYINNNGG to get their hands on a shiny new storm 2 once bitten?
    05-21-09 06:41 PM
    That's pretty much it.

Zilch.

Zero.

Nada.

But then some of us don't want one

I kinda do except for the fact that I am really not happy with the Storm or RIM.

I would like WiFi and not the "Sure Press," but I think I will not put more money into the RIM CEO's pocket.
    05-21-09 06:42 PM
    I kinda do except for the fact that I am really not happy with the Storm or RIM.

I would like WiFi and not the "Sure Press," but I think I will not put more money into the RIM CEO's pocket.
    buy one off ebay then the only one profiting is the seller
    05-21-09 06:49 PM
    buy one off ebay then the only one profiting is the seller
    Well the seller still had to buy it from the carrier.
    05-21-09 07:00 PM
    Well the seller still had to buy it from the carrier.
    but that has nothing to do with you. that seller will sell to someone, rim/carrier doesn't get double the money.

if you don't buy it from a seller, rim gets no additional money

if you do buy it from a seller, rim gets no additional money
    05-21-09 07:02 PM
    but that has nothing to do with you. that seller will sell to someone, rim/carrier doesn't get double the money.
    No, they don't get double, but does it make me any better?
    05-21-09 07:04 PM
    No, they don't get double, but does it make me any better?
    im not sure how this applies to the situation. If you WANT the phone, but don't want to support RIM, buying second hand does not profit RIM. Im not sure how NOT buying a phone you want makes you any better?
    05-21-09 07:07 PM
    I just don't want to support their CEO's habbits in any way shape or form. Even buying it second hand I feel like I would be.
    05-21-09 07:14 PM
    I just don't want to support their CEO's habbits in any way shape or form. Even buying it second hand I feel like I would be.
    lol then i dont know what to tell ya, except to just hope that they dont come out with a device that really makes you drool
    05-21-09 07:19 PM
    lol then i dont know what to tell ya, except to just hope that they dont come out with a device that really makes you drool
    Most likely not. I think I might hang my hat for touch screen RIM devices after the Storm.

Don't get me wrong, the 8830 and 8330 are great devices. They do what you want when you want, but they are not my style. I like the touch screen, just not pleased with the Storm, but I don't have that much longer to go.
    05-21-09 07:26 PM
    I would think that VZ has more money to gain by at least offering Storm 2 at new contract price for current storm owners. My cell phone bill is right at $200 a month (two berries). I'm 6 months into it so that means $3600 more dollars for VZ. Or they could choose to not give me storm 2 at new contract price, I cancel my contract and they lose over $3000. Now think if I and 20 other people did the same thing. or 200 people did the same thing. or 2000 people did the same thing. You get the drift. adds up pretty quick. VZ would be stupid to not offer a discount in fear of people terminating and then losing all that monthly money The real money off the contracts not the phone itself. You only buy the phone one time but the contract is ongoing. Kinda like a printer; you don't make money off the printer you make money off the ink. I just don't think they can take the chance of so many storm owners being pissed off and terminating. Anyone agree?
    05-21-09 07:27 PM
    I would think that VZ has more money to gain by at least offering Storm 2 at new contract price for current storm owners. My cell phone bill is right at $200 a month (two berries). I'm 6 months into it so that means $3600 more dollars for VZ. Or they could choose to not give me storm 2 at new contract price, I cancel my contract and they lose over $3000. Now think if I and 20 other people did the same thing. or 200 people did the same thing. or 2000 people did the same thing. You get the drift. adds up pretty quick. VZ would be stupid to not offer a discount in fear of people terminating and then losing all that monthly money The real money off the contracts not the phone itself. You only buy the phone one time but the contract is ongoing. Kinda like a printer; you don't make money off the printer you make money off the ink. I just don't think they can take the chance of so many storm owners being pissed off and terminating. Anyone agree?
    I would agree, but VZW is not known for giving stuff away while you are under contract. For a BOGO when you sign a new contract yes. Actually come to think about it not many companies give their existing customers the best deals. They give them to the new customers or in the wireless world people out of contract.

After reading what you said I think I might do away with a cell phone all together. That is alot of money a year. There are things like cars that are so much more fun than a cell phone. Not to say I wouldn't want it in an emergency, but then again what did people do before cell phones? I think they worked less and played more.
    05-21-09 07:33 PM
    That's their worst fear is losing customers. But even Verizon has their limits. My guess would be RIM would have to approve an exchange for the 2 cuz they would have to eat the costs.

It'll be interesting to see what happens.

05-21-09 07:45 PM
    I guess it all depends on how many pissed off customers there are. We can take guesses, but it's a hard thing to judge...hopefully if many people are upset they will offer something
    05-21-09 08:25 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD