This phone is done. I was in the middle of filming my daughter opening her electric guitar this morning and the POS froze. I seriously just hate this friggin phone. I am sending it back to Verizon tomorrow. Ya know, I wonder if the guy who cut his Palm in half is kicking himself yet ? End vent.
    I know my tattoo cover up begins on Monday. I will definitely pick up another Blackberry. Probably a Curve again. THAT was a good Blackberry.

Oh yeah, Merry Christmas

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Strhessed; 12-25-08 at 11:05 AM. Reason: HH
    12-25-08 10:26 AM
    The bugs and defects really start to become more apparent when you're actually doing something important... unlike most everyone else that is just sitting there playing with the phone and something goes wrong.
    12-25-08 10:28 AM
    Sorry to hear that man.. mine worked late this morning filming both my kids open their presents..
    12-25-08 10:32 AM
    Sorry to hear about your troubles. I know it's probably too late now, but .83 seems to have remedied the camera/video problems.
    12-25-08 10:43 AM
    Mine has had very little problems. It froze once so all I did was battery pull and it works fine now.

I love the Storm.

Sorry to hear you hated it so much you had to throw it against the wall.

Merry Christmas
    12-25-08 11:21 AM
    The Storm is awesome!
    12-25-08 11:35 AM
    That's the Christmas spirit!

12-25-08 11:39 AM
    This phone is done. I was in the middle of filming my daughter opening her electric guitar this morning and the POS froze. I seriously just hate this friggin phone. I am sending it back to Verizon tomorrow. Ya know, I wonder if the guy who cut his Palm in half is kicking himself yet ? End vent.
    I know my tattoo cover up begins on Monday. I will definitely pick up another Blackberry. Probably a Curve again. THAT was a good Blackberry.

Oh yeah, Merry Christmas

why not use a camcorder...

for that important moment.

wierd that you hate the phone so much, yet it lets you post your thread using your device.
    12-25-08 12:31 PM

I tell myself that all the time when I read about people complaining the video camera doesn't work when they're recording such important things.
    12-25-08 12:39 PM
    That sux..Merry Christmas though
    12-25-08 12:40 PM

wierd that you hate the phone so much, yet it lets you post your thread using your device.
    Why not have a device with a 3.2 megapixel camera with video that ACTUALLY works how its supposed to ?

12-25-08 02:34 PM
    Why not have a device with a 3.2 megapixel camera with video that ACTUALLY works how its supposed to ?

because its new, and it takes time to work out the bugs. Everyone complained about it not being here soon enough, then they rushed it and got it here, and everyones still complaining. Great example to show your kids btw, throwing things, great christmas spirit! Sorry its not working out for you, mine is working great though,has bugs, but nothing that i cant deal with. Patience is a virtue
    12-25-08 02:43 PM
    Did you really throw it against a wall? Did it break? They have cheap camcorders at Wal-mart for less than $100.
    12-25-08 02:48 PM
    Whaaa, Whaaa, Whaaa! It didn't cost you anything and practically made you famous.
    12-25-08 02:52 PM
    Why would you attempt to rely on the Storm's camera to record something so important...? It's not like you weren't aware of the issues beforehand.
    12-25-08 02:52 PM
    I used mine to record clips from a football game I was at, worked great. The .76 OS is really stable for me. Only thing I did was put 3 postit notes under the battery to improve clicking. I think .83 wont get released because its just not stable enough. The next OS update will probably fix the camera.

Lets just wait and see everyone come crawling back in march when the store comes out and the OS is a lot more stable.

Don't the other blackberrys use an OS thats on build like 4.7?

.76 <<< 4.7 give it time
    12-25-08 02:56 PM
    because its new, and it takes time to work out the bugs. Everyone complained about it not being here soon enough, then they rushed it and got it here, and everyones still complaining. Great example to show your kids btw, throwing things, great christmas spirit! Sorry its not working out for you, mine is working great though,has bugs, but nothing that i cant deal with. Patience is a virtue
    I think the vid camera is a major selling point for the consumer target group they were aiming for. If they couldn't have gotten it working by now then it makes me wonder if it is beyond their control due to it being a quality control issue which makes videoing on some of the Storms irreparable. I hope not.
    12-25-08 02:57 PM
    I don't know why some of you bash on him for smashing a phone out of frustration. In a day of age where everything is eventually is going to be converged into one device, I probably would've done the exact same thing. I dont think any of us spent 150 plus (whatever credit you may or may not have had) on a device just to send and receive calls.
    12-25-08 03:07 PM
    My question is if he really threw it against a wall and then he is sending it back, does he not expect to be charged for the phone because it is now damaged? I bought the Storm because of the cool features, but I also have a camcorder and a digital camera and unless there is some type of mechanical problem I know that they are going to do exactly what they were purchased for. I would never think that my cell phone is supposed to replace all of my digital equipment. It's convenient to be abe to talk, play games, text, email, chat, surf the web, take pictures and record videos from one device, but we can't be nieve and think that all of those things can be done perfectly from one piece of equipment.
    12-25-08 03:18 PM
    I don't know why some of you bash on him for smashing a phone out of frustration. In a day of age where everything is eventually is going to be converged into one device, I probably would've done the exact same thing. I dont think any of us spent 150 plus (whatever credit you may or may not have had) on a device just to send and receive calls.
    Agreed. These things aren't cheap, nothing wrong with wanting them to work like advertised. But throwing it?? Na, I don't got the nerve.

12-25-08 03:20 PM
    I agree its frustrating if the device doesn't work properly. Guess i'm just a completely different type of person when it comes to me prioritizing important things. I Have a video camera for things I really want to capture on video... I.E. birth of a child, first walk, ect... I always considered a cam on a phone for those spur of the moment things like getting rear-ended at a stop light or some chick flashing her cones at me at the club.

Anyway... good luck to you, hopefully you were able to enjoy and cherish your time with your daughter regardless of the phone messing it up.
    12-25-08 04:30 PM
    This is like the lady suing McDonalds because they didn't tell her her coffee was hot when she spilled it on herself.
    12-25-08 04:40 PM
    Absolutely I also have a camcorder, digital camera and would never completely rely on my storm for any quality media. It�s good for a spur of the moment shot or video. I get a laugh when I see those people at sporting events or shows taking pics with there phone.
    12-25-08 04:43 PM
    bugs will be fixed give it a break
    12-25-08 04:47 PM

I'm with you on that one....I wouldn't use a cell phone to film something important...
    12-25-08 06:02 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD