Went to use it,

second i opened it, the phone restarted itself (my phone has never restarted once randomly)

Once it reboots, i go to use the camera and it just tells me it cannot open and to close all applications and try again.

so no matter what i do now, the camera wont turn on.

Any ideas what happened or a fix to this?
    01-02-09 05:15 PM
    Pull the battery for a minute or two and see if that helps. It's just a bug in the OS.
    01-02-09 05:25 PM
    I had a similar camera problem. Removing and reinserting the battery did not help. The only way I could get it to work was to remove some apps (word and Spreadsheet) after which it was fine.
    01-02-09 05:45 PM
    I had this problem with my curve. Tryed re-loading the os, battery pull, pretty much everything you can think of.I took my phone to t-mobile they told me it was a bug in the OS and gave me a link to their 4.5.
    So while installing that desktop manager decides to give me a fatal error and nuke my blackberry. SO after about 3 hours of fiddling around to get my curve back to life I had 4.5 loaded, and what do you know, still no dice. So t-mobile sends me a replacement that has 4.5 pre-loaded, and its all fine and well till this morning when I got the same error message!(4 days after getting this new phone mind you) I almost shat a brick, which is understandable.But, luckily it started working after a battery pull. So I'm not sure what is causing this
    01-09-09 11:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD