Obviously I have a Storm 9530 and I'm on Verizon. I used to love this phone, and promoted it as much as possible. And now I want to kill it. I'm having so many issues that I would absolutely love any help received. Thank you in advance!

So, about a month ago I downloaded the theme posted here (Leather Today Green Black) and it messed up my layout of folders/apps so I went back to the default. Don't know if this did it, but it's worth throwing this info out there. I don't download much, I have one custom ringtone, two downloaded songs, and three games and two apps. I surely have the space and this isn't causing the problem.

Everything was fine then about three weeks ago. No matter what I do, I get this little ticking clock (wait/loading icon) for everything. If it switches from landscape to portrait, if I try to get into emails, if I text, if I go into different folders or apps, etc. The worst part is that I would get a call, and it would go into this wait/loading mode and I'd end up missing my call because of it - it doesn't ring, just switches to phone app then goes into load/wait screen. I'd say it freezes but it doesn't because it comes out of this mode - about 5 minutes later. Even though this has been highly annoying, I've lived/dealt with it.

So last week, I get a notice to upgrade. I try to, and it says I don't have enough space (which is bull) and to do it from the computer. I haven't even put the storm on the computer cause I didn't need to yet, so I've been delaying this upgrade. Not sure if this is what is causing it or not, but again, giving more info is better than not. speaking of, more info that has changed since then: I receive twitter updates from who I follow, typically about 200 sms alerts a day, which I delete after I read them. Since twitter went into maintenance two days ago I haven't gotten any alerts - maybe this is twitter, maybe this is verizon/the storm.

So yesterday my phone is really making me mad - I'm missing calls, and the wait/load time is forever so I go to the settings, and reset everything to default. ALL **** BREAKS LOOSE. My custom sound profile (which is EXACTLY the same as loud just with my custom tone and slightly less loud from 10 to 8 volume) doesn't work at all. I am only getting calls on it. No alerts for anything else - email, sms, apps, nothing. I haven't gotten any mobile update sms's from twitter, but I do get other texts. Though still no sounds unless I change it to a loud profile. My alarm has stopped working, it goes off, with no sound (WHAT IS THE POINT!!???) and I checked, it is set just like it was. I normally sleep with the phone on phone calls only, and the alarm works without fail, and this morning it didn't (well, it did, but no sound, so I'm counting this is a fail). I'm still getting the wait/load ticking clock. All my sounds are messed up and not working except for phone. I really don't

I've reset the system again and nothing. Any idea what to do now? I'm not even sure if Verizon or insurance can help me with this one.

Thanks.
    06-17-09 08:40 AM
    How many apps do you have running in the background?

To check: press and hold the bb button and the app launcher will appear.
    06-17-09 08:47 AM
    Wow! You have some real issues. First problem is that you definantly need to upgrade to the latest version .148. This helped my phone a ton. When you say you reset the phone. What did you actually do? Did you pull the battery or just hold down the power button? Also, what is your app memory? You may need to do a total swipe of the phone and totally start over. But I will let some of the other experts lead you in that direction. That is a lot of work. Good Luck.
    06-17-09 08:50 AM
    Let see - apps: messages, clock, home screen, phone, browser, camera, calender, contacts, application center, aim (though I am not signed in so I don't understand this), blackberry messenger, buzzme.

I am working on upgrading now. To reset it I have tried batter pulls, and going into options and reseting. At this point, I totally don't mind a whole system reset as long as it lets me keep my pictures, one ringtone, and purchased apps.

On a side note, how do i get rid of the apps that came on the phone that I don't use (Flickr, GPS)?

Thanks again I do appreciate the help.
    06-17-09 09:05 AM
    Okay there are only five apps that you cannot close:
    phone
    bb messenger
    web

As for the rest you have to close them one by one. Also AIM automatically start when the phone boots up. You can change that setting later.

Okay before you reset or wipe your phone fallow the directions on my sig. It will help you back-up your 3rd party apps.

In response you your side questions you, can delete those app using the DM.

Good luck!
    06-17-09 09:42 AM
    First off any theme you try will reset all of your apps into default locations. That is just the way it is. You simply have to move your app icons into the locations / folders you want. You have to do this once but you have to do this with ANY theme.

Most of your problems seem like user error (not to be rude) and not a phone problem. You should read every help and how to on this site because it will help you a lot. AND you must upgrade your OS, it will solve many of your problems!
    06-17-09 09:59 AM
    Just go back to verizon. They should give you a new one since the manufacturer warranty is a year and it hasn't been a year and the issue is a software problem.
    06-17-09 10:21 AM

On a side note, how do i get rid of the apps that came on the phone that I don't use (Flickr, GPS)?

Thanks again I do appreciate the help.

You do that from within DM on the computer. you can select which programs you want loaded on the phone using the application loader

Also you can go to options --> advanced options --> applications on the phone. highlight the application you want to delete, then hit the blackberry button and choose delete
    06-17-09 10:30 AM
    Go to Options/Status and tell us what you have for File Free. That's what's important. If you're low on memory for an OTA OS upgrade, chances are good you're probably low on memory for normal use as well. 3rd, get rid of the theme for now and go back to the default one until you stabalize the system. Also, what ringtone are you using and were is it located?... might want to make sure it's still there.
    06-17-09 10:35 AM
    Taking the phone back to verizon is an option but truly a pain in the backend.

When you recieve your new phone a lot of your apps and settings go out the window and are replaced with factory default. Also being as I read that your arrangement of icons is important then going to get a replacement is also going to cause them to be rearranged.

Read up on how to connect your storm via the usb cable provided. Once that is done look at some posts about the new operating system update that verizon just sent out.

Regaurdless to how much trouble it may be for you update the operating system (which might not be as hard as you think once you see what is going on behind the scenes). Your Blackberry depending on the purchase date came shipped with a very outdated and unresponsive O.S. The Storm Is a powerfull handheld and once you learn the ropes it will out preform anything you expected.

If you have any specific questions on something ask them here or use the search function to find a thread. Some one will try to answer.
    06-17-09 10:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD