Okay so I am a newbie, been reviewing the forum for a while and needed to vent as I think I have everyone elses problem in one phone.
    Before I start the OS is .86
    Problems - Cant answer a call unless screen is in portrait layout, and only then when the phone has decided not to reset the default to silent option even though with a Led Zepplin ring tone at full ear drum splitting sound level it can be heard across 3 continents! So speaker is a good point (thought Id' better at least throw in 1) Typing a text or email is no problem its sending the damn thing that annoys me, after spell check its sits and times out. Ok so thats the petty stuff, battery life was so poor when I was in the US bought a new battery and on the advice of the sales guy turned the backlight down to 50% and hey presto almost 4 hrs battery life - up from 1.5 hrs, so you would have thought a good thing NO the battery now drains itself when it gets to 60% capacity in about 20 mins flat. Last week its stopped recieving emails altogether and after multiple hard shut downs restarted, now having to hard shutdown once in the morning and once in the PM everyday.
    I have used most of the apps and although not often its a bit hit and miss if they work at full speed at all.

The best part about the phone is linking it to my laptop as a modem and then not using the damn thing at all!

Oh forgot - did that last week and after shutting down the screen froze woudlnt turn off manually so completed the hard shut down and upon restart only had half the screen.

I wish I had kept my BB Curve, donated that to my daughter who uses constantly, and totally abuses it after my 12 month battering and it never skips a beat.

I need to know if anyone else has been having any of the faults and if a remedy is available for any of them or all of them or even one of them.

Battered & Bruised
    01-22-09 11:50 AM
    Sorry to hear you're having so many problems! Sounds like you might consider swapping it out for a new unit. I've had my storm for over a month and have had no problems at all.

Perhaps try getting a new storm, and load .90 on it and see how you do. If you still find yourself feeling frustrated, it may be that you'll be happier with a different device.

Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-09 12:24 PM
    Dude...you're not alone. I dump my STORM yesterday. I don't have the kind of patience needed to tolerate this phone. I've never felt more liberated by parting ways with this phone. Back with LG.
    01-23-09 05:28 AM
    I am also starting to wonder if I should keep mine.....two years with my LG ENVY and never one problem
    I'm still within my 30 days so ill hold out for a few more weeks
    01-23-09 06:05 AM
    I am also starting to wonder if I should keep mine.....two years with my LG ENVY and never one problem
    I'm still within my 30 days so ill hold out for a few more weeks
    If you have a few more weeks on your 30 day than you've only had it for a week. Give it some time and then decide if you want to go back!

Go Steelers!
    01-23-09 06:17 AM
    If you have a few more weeks on your 30 day than you've only had it for a week. Give it some time and then decide if you want to go back!

Go Steelers!
    That's what I said....I will stick it out for a few more weeks....but I am starting to wonder about
    This phone....will it last two years before upgrade, doesn't seem like it so far
    I wanted a smart phone it didn't have to be the storm...don't get me wrong I do love the so far, just not sure of its future that's all
    Plus it seems odd to have a small piece of business card jammed behind the battery on a
    Brand new phone...there's just a lot to think about before getting stuck with it
    01-23-09 10:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD