I'm not sure if this should be posted in the "Verizon" posting area, but having a storm2 and this problem is about my Storm2, this felt right. Ok, my problem is. I downloaded .1015 loved it for the first day and noticed problems the next. Now I know there's posted problems with this OS. I truly belive one persons bad experience with something, doesn't mean it will be mine. One persons bad experience is another's great experience. So I downloaded .1015 for the 2nd time, hoping the 2nd try would work, why I don't know. OMG! Worse problems then the first time I gave .1015 a try. None of my Apps work, my phone thinks I'm in Arizona, I live in Oregon....I never have service, prior to I always had full service. So, I pulled my battery, 3 times....I wiped it 4 times, I also tryed putting it back to .713 WOW! It was like a double whammy. My phone wouldn't even leave the Verizon screen. I called Verizon, got my BB to load the home screen. Same problem, Apps not working. I asked the Verizon rep. "Why did you guys even release this OS? How can you stand by something that only works for some of your customers? Makes others phone completely ******"!!! All she would say is " rim released this, we have nothing to do with it" what do you mean "nothing to do with it" as are phone provider, the ones we trust to give us what we pay for..you have nothing to do with it? So I take it you could care less about making customers happy, or plain just keeping customers. After talking more I was told they would put me into the H.T.C Incredible, for 269 dollars!!! Thanks, but no thanks. Like I've said before. Its difernt for each person, but I see and have read more negative about something that's suppose to be a UPGRADE!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by JRSCCivic98; 12-08-10 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Profanity
    12-08-10 10:01 PM
    So what exactly is your problem? It's hard to make sense of your post.

What apps don't work? If you have OpenGL based apps (games and such), OpenGL is broken in .1015 and a few previous OSs after .713.
    12-08-10 10:19 PM
    So what exactly is your problem? It's hard to make sense of your post.

What apps don't work? If you have OpenGL based apps (games and such), OpenGL is broken in .1015 and a few previous OSs after .713.
    If you read it, it says all my Apps. I'm not listing them all. If Gmail was one of them i would have listed it. I also said " I've read about the .1015 problems. So I would have known that was a problem and would have shared if mine worked or not. What do you mean what's my problem? Uhm...the fact verizone let this OS be released, my Apps not working, my phone not working, the fact that a upgrade made mine and other's phones not work properly....need I go on?

12-08-10 10:58 PM
    I wouldn't pay for another device; might need to have a calm conversation with a supervisor or customer retention. Makes no sense to pay for service when something VZW released renders the device you've already paid for inoperable.

12-08-10 11:56 PM
    I feel your pain. Definately don't pay for a device. Go to your local Verizon store (make sure its a corporate store and not authorized reseller) and have a tech look at it. Chances are they won't be able to fix it since its a software issue and they'll either replace it or ship you a refurb. Just be cool when you go in there cause the techs get paid hourly and if you start running your mouth they're probably less likely to help you out (happened to me before..lol) gl
    12-09-10 12:26 AM
    If you read it, it says all my Apps. I'm not listing them all. If Gmail was one of them i would have listed it. I also said " I've read about the .1015 problems. So I would have known that was a problem and would have shared if mine worked or not. What do you mean what's my problem? Uhm...the fact verizone let this OS be released, my Apps not working, my phone not working, the fact that a upgrade made mine and other's phones not work properly....need I go on?

Um, don't get pissed, but there's no way in **** ALL of your apps don't work. That's bs.

You'll need to be specific on your issues. If an app doesn't work, then chances are good that the app is corrupt or some other crap. You can't sit there for example and tell me Google Maps or Poynt doesn't work when I use them without issues under the same OS. Come on, let's not exaggerate.

12-09-10 01:05 AM
    In my opinion, this OS has more issues than the two previous upgrades that I've accomplished since I've had this phone, some are with apps not working, in my case dragon, but more importantly the whole address book nightmare, none of which is documented as far as fixing, and Verizons responses ranging from wiping your phone to allowing you to move to an android phone are inadequate. If I were RIM I would be very concerned that Verizon is so quick to move you to another platform, but RIM seems to be reconciled to falling further and further behind in smartphone development.

Mike
    12-09-10 04:59 AM
    Not true . This os seems to be better then the rest. Except the problem that i am facing everything seems to be better.

Are you able to recieve mails ?
    12-09-10 05:18 AM
    Not true . This os seems to be better then the rest. Except the problem that i am facing everything seems to be better.
    LOL, some people will defend anything!
    12-09-10 07:29 AM
    I'm not sure if this should be posted in the "Verizon" posting area, but having a storm2 and this problem is about my Storm2, this felt right. Ok, my problem is. I downloaded .1015 loved it for the first day and noticed problems the next. Now I know there's posted problems with this OS. I truly belive one persons bad experience with something, doesn't mean it will be mine. One persons bad experience is another's great experience. So I downloaded .1015 for the 2nd time, hoping the 2nd try would work, why I don't know. OMG! Worse problems then the first time I gave .1015 a try. None of my Apps work, my phone thinks I'm in Arizona, I live in Oregon....I never have service, prior to I always had full service. So, I pulled my battery, 3 times....I wiped it 4 times, I also tryed putting it back to .713 WOW! It was like a double whammy. My phone wouldn't even leave the Verizon screen. I called Verizon, got my BB to load the home screen. Same problem, Apps not working. I asked the Verizon rep. "Why did you guys even release this OS? How can you stand by something that only works for some of your customers? Makes others phone completely ******"!!! All she would say is " rim released this, we have nothing to do with it" what do you mean "nothing to do with it" as are phone provider, the ones we trust to give us what we pay for..you have nothing to do with it? So I take it you could care less about making customers happy, or plain just keeping customers. After talking more I was told they would put me into the H.T.C Incredible, for 269 dollars!!! Thanks, but no thanks. Like I've said before. Its difernt for each person, but I see and have read more negative about something that's suppose to be a UPGRADE!!!!

Sorry to hear about your problems. RIM has really hit rock bottom. This OS is utterly awful. I have no idea how it could have ever been released. This is why the iphone and droid are killing RIM. I cane believe RIM feel on its face twice with the storm. How embarrassing.

12-09-10 07:51 AM
    Sorry to hear about your problems. RIM has really hit rock bottom. This OS is utterly awful. I have no idea how it could have ever been released. This is why the iphone and droid are killing RIM. I cane believe RIM feel on its face twice with the storm. How embarrassing.

Just twice?
    12-09-10 07:52 AM
    To the OP, I'm sorry to hear your having probs with the os. I was going to upgrade my daughters (she has 607) to 713 or 1015, but I've been reading in here and I'm leaving hers alone. I cant believe how many issues alot of people are having with these os's. 607 isnt 'perfect' either, she does get the occassional freezing, but nothing to drive her to wanna throw her ph.....well, maybe sometimes.lol
    As suggested by a couple other posters here, go into a Vzw corporate store and calmly talk to a rep about your issues and go from there. Hopefully something good will work out for you. good luck.
    12-09-10 08:46 AM
    i hate to say it are people that are like total noobs for the most part. Anyone who actually has been here a while and uses the phone thinks its garbage. They are fed up at RIM and VZW both too. Anyone who thinks this OS is worth a damn is clueless imo.
    pcgizmo#IM and lssanjose like this.
    12-09-10 10:04 AM
    Um, don't get pissed, but there's no way in **** ALL of your apps don't work. That's bs.

You'll need to be specific on your issues. If an app doesn't work, then chances are good that the app is corrupt or some other crap. You can't sit there for example and tell me Google Maps or Poynt doesn't work when I use them without issues under the same OS. Come on, let's not exaggerate.

Excuse me? Have you seen, or even used my phone? No you havent. I
    ve had four Apps on my pnone, besides email and the basics. I dont feel my phone with a bunch of apps. So yes ALL MY APPS DONT WORK!! Since you need a full explanation here it is. My weather bug, wich Iv'e had for two years. It displays the wrong weather on my home screen, when I try opening it, it wont open. The tempature jump's from 85-90 all day and night, its 30 in Portland. My Verizon wont even open, all I get "please try again" My Look out Mobile, have had that for a year now. That wont open either. My flixstar, have had for a year, that one wont open either. Last, but not least, my yahoo messenger has contacts in it that I dont even know. My contact's only opens when it wants to. The only thing working on my phone is e-mail and getting and making calls, and thats when my phone has service. Living in Portland Or, I always have service. The phone freezes several times a day. So, I took it to Verizon this morning. The tech guy spent a hour with it. Was given another device. Its people like you and replys like this that make others not wana post there true problems, in fear of either being called a liar or having no "how to" with there Blackberry's. I dont like being told im basicly a liar, or that what I post is bull****!! Just because this OS works for you, doesnt make it the perfect OS. Before you ask, no I never dropped my phone or damaged my phone and yes, I did several battery pulls and wipes also tryed to downgrade back to .713. All my apps and everything else worked just fine on my phone prior to downloading this messed up OS. So since apps work on your phone, they must work for everyone elses, is that what you mean by " they work on mine"? That it's bull**** that mine dont? Do you not read the thousands of post about other's having nothing but problems with this OS. Well, there are the few, no names, that think, Hey it works on my phone, screw the other's.
    12-09-10 12:33 PM
    What are those four apps in question? How about not worry, and put something older on the phone?
    12-09-10 12:35 PM
    To the OP, I'm sorry to hear your having probs with the os. I was going to upgrade my daughters (she has 607) to 713 or 1015, but I've been reading in here and I'm leaving hers alone. I cant believe how many issues alot of people are having with these os's. 607 isnt 'perfect' either, she does get the occassional freezing, but nothing to drive her to wanna throw her ph.....well, maybe sometimes.lol
    As suggested by a couple other posters here, go into a Vzw corporate store and calmly talk to a rep about your issues and go from there. Hopefully something good will work out for you. good luck.
    Thanks! I would recommended .713 I know it's differant for each bb. It worked realy good for me. Good browser speed and everything else worked great. I never realy had any problems that couldn't be fixed. Having Crackberry helped solve alot of the small issues I did run into. I dont have alot of apps, never have. Iv'e had nothing but problems when I started downloading a bunch of apps, so I keep it to a limit of apps I use daily. So, if your daughter has a bunch of apps, I cant speak for .713 in that matter. Never used it to its fulliest. When I first got my BB, I downloaded a bunch of free apps, Iv'e learned my lesson. I dont recommended .1015 It did a real number on my BB. I hope this reply helps. If you have any more questions, pleae feel free to pm me. Oh ps, I went to Verizon this morning. The tech was blown away by how bad my OS and phone were. It went very well and since it couldn't be fixed, I was put into another device, free of charge.
    12-09-10 12:43 PM
    I had Look Out Mobile, Flixster, WeatherBug, and Yahoo Messenger. Yahoo messenger let me send and recive email's, sometimes. It had contacts that I didn't even know in my contact list. Other times Yahoo messenger would stay on the signing in screen. My weatherbug app. It shows the temp on my home screen. It starts at 80, then goes to 90 then back to 80. When I try to load it, it just says 'LOADING' then shuts down. My, My Verizon, just says "please try again" The only thing I can correctly do on my phone is make, and get calls. I get email's also. My contact list will open, but my contacts are gone, I re-open it a minute later and my contacts are there. The BB froze alot and, it just worked differently. I took it to Verizon this morning. The tech guy there spent a hour with it. He was blown away by how messed up my OS was, and how my phone was acting. He wasn't able to fix it. I was put into another device. Please keep in mind, Iv'e only had this phone for 6 months. I was running .713 and gave .1015 2 chances. when I had .713 everything worked just fine.
    Last edited by allenstrm; 12-09-10 at 01:04 PM.
    12-09-10 12:59 PM
    List the version of the apps you're using!

I use WeatherBug and so do a ton of other people I know on .1015 and there's no issues with it. If you're using Weatherbug 2.x, that's your problem. Go back to 1.1.0.150 and it'll be a lot more stable. 2.x versions have their own bugs in them... probably things you haven't even noticed yet. I know because I found them and reported it to them to fix, but still no fix yet. 2.x isn't stable and while it might have been stable for you on .713, I wouldn't have called it stable on that OS either. The app is buggy, except for the version I listed above.

Yahoo Messenger, make sure you're on the latest version from RIM... all the native IM clients were just updated a week or so ago.

I might have not used your phone, but I'll bet you a million dollars that I could take it from you and get it working correctly in under an hour. Why? Because I've had people in your exact condition do nothing but complain about how messed up something is when in fact it was them who was messed up or messed it up in one way or another.

Frankly, you're welcome to do as you wish and complain all you want, but don't expect me or others to stand here and believe that you have issues with .1015 so bad that even when you went back to .713, the issues still weren't resolved. YOU'RE JUST NOT DOING SOMETHING CORRECTLY! Simple as that. Could be even something as simple as you accidentally mixing and matching OS versions on the phone during the load because you've got more then one OS loaded on your PC at a time or because you're doing the OS loads via the software update features built into DM itself (which is VERY problamatic because the OS file cache it downloads can easily get corrupted). Turn off all those update choices in DM5.x (last version they made available), don't use DM6, load an OS by utilizing the exe OS file installs you download yourself, only load one OS at a time on your PC, and YOU WON'T HAVE ANY ISSUES!

BTW, based solely on the fact that you posted this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/wh...1015-a-561492/ leads me to asses that you're fairly novice when it comes to advanced BB usage and understanding of OS loads, etc. This is nothing to be mad about, not everyone can know everything, but you cannot fault something for your own wrong doing.

Also, I hope you didn't upgrade to .1015 via OTA when it came out... that's been known to cause A LOT of issues, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if what you're seeing is a cause of that process, but I can't be sure if you did initially do an OTA or not.
    12-09-10 01:17 PM
    List the version of the apps you're using!

I use WeatherBug and so do a ton of other people I know on .1015 and there's no issues with it. If you're using Weatherbug 2.x, that's your problem. Go back to 1.1.0.150 and it'll be a lot more stable. 2.x versions have their own bugs in them... probably things you haven't even noticed yet. I know because I found them and reported it to them to fix, but still no fix yet. 2.x isn't stable and while it might have been stable for you on .713, I wouldn't have called it stable on that OS either. The app is buggy, except for the version I listed above.

Yahoo Messenger, make sure you're on the latest version from RIM... all the native IM clients were just updated a week or so ago.

I might have not used your phone, but I'll bet you a million dollars that I could take it from you and get it working correctly in under an hour. Why? Because I've had people in your exact condition do nothing but complain about how messed up something is when in fact it was them who was messed up or messed it up in one way or another.

Frankly, you're welcome to do as you wish and complain all you want, but don't expect me or others to stand here and believe that you have issues with .1015 so bad that even when you went back to .713, the issues still weren't resolved. YOU'RE JUST NOT DOING SOMETHING CORRECTLY! Simple as that. Could be even something as simple as you accidentally mixing and matching OS versions on the phone during the load because you've got more then one OS loaded on your PC at a time or because you're doing the OS loads via the software update features built into DM itself (which is VERY problamatic because the OS file cache it downloads can easily get corrupted). Turn off all those update choices in DM5.x (last version they made available), don't use DM6, load an OS by utilizing the exe OS file installs you download yourself, only load one OS at a time on your PC, and YOU WON'T HAVE ANY ISSUES!

BTW, based solely on the fact that you posted this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/wh...1015-a-561492/ leads me to asses that you're fairly novice when it comes to advanced BB usage and understanding of OS loads, etc. This is nothing to be mad about, not everyone can know everything, but you cannot fault something for your own wrong doing.

Also, I hope you didn't upgrade to .1015 via OTA when it came out... that's been known to cause A LOT of issues, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if what you're seeing is a cause of that process, but I can't be sure if you did initially do an OTA or not.
    See, there you go. Blaming me for making my phone not work. I dont have a bunch of other OS on my pc. I have .713 and I deleted .1015 If you woud have read my post, I listed my apps. The tech guy at verizon, who Im sure knows the phone better then you, couldn't fix my phone. So what makes you so special? Oh, I posted the "why is verizon pushing .1015, to just ask why, when it's such a problem. I know plenty to work my phone and download a new OS. And once again, JUST BECAUSE IT WORKS ON YOUR BB, DOESNT MEAN IT WILL WORK ON OTHERS. I dont care who you know, and what works for them. It's not working on mine, end of story. also, no, I waited awhile to download .1015, I even tryed again later, and yes, I deleted all past OS upgrade's. When I put my BB back to .713 I still had the problem's. I could care less if you think it happened or not. Oh, and other's...what the other's having problems with the OS or the ones who dont care cause it works for them?
    12-09-10 01:39 PM
    The tech guy at verizon, who Im sure knows the phone better then you, couldn't fix my phone. So what makes you so special?
    Probably the funniest thing I will read all day. If you believe that, run to Verizon when you have issues instead of ranting here.
    Last edited by bighap; 12-09-10 at 01:55 PM.
    12-09-10 01:43 PM
    Hey, JRSCCIVIC98. Does it make you feel good calling people out? What, since you sit around playing with bb's all day that makes you some sorta bb god? What you know it all. If you deal with people like me all day, then IGNORE the post, Dont even say anything. If your just gonna call a person a liar or tell them that there the problem, just keep it to yourself.
    12-09-10 01:44 PM
    Here's what you can do: instead of getting in the face of those trying to help, google the 517 Sasktel release. If you want, go to bbtweaks, or driphter for a hybrid of your choice. If you want to go back further, .428 base, or 451, as I believe many have suggested, will do just fine.

Secondly, can we get an estimate of how old you are? I don't understand, how a grown individual can get so up in arms about something like this. It's just a phone OS, for the love of Pete!
    12-09-10 01:46 PM
    Hey, JRSCCIVIC98. Does it make you feel good calling people out? What, since you sit around playing with bb's all day that makes you some sorta bb god? What you know it all. If you deal with people like me all day, then IGNORE the post, Dont even say anything. If your just gonna call a person a liar or tell them that there the problem, just keep it to yourself.
    It's immoral not to provide reproof, per the book of Proverbs..
    12-09-10 01:47 PM
    The tech guy at verizon, who Im sure knows the phone better then you, couldn't fix my phone. So what makes you so special?
    Lmao, that statement couldn't be any farther from the thruth. My 7 year old knows more about Blackberries than any tool VZW "tech guy". For a new member you sure are rude.
    12-09-10 01:51 PM
    See, there you go. Blaming me for making my phone not work. I dont have a bunch of other OS on my pc. I have .713 and I deleted .1015 If you woud have read my post, I listed my apps. The tech guy at verizon, who Im sure knows the phone better then you, couldn't fix my phone. So what makes you so special? Oh, I posted the "why is verizon pushing .1015, to just ask why, when it's such a problem. I know plenty to work my phone and download a new OS. And once again, JUST BECAUSE IT WORKS ON YOUR BB, DOESNT MEAN IT WILL WORK ON OTHERS. I dont care who you know, and what works for them. It's not working on mine, end of story. also, no, I waited awhile to download .1015, I even tryed again later, and yes, I deleted all past OS upgrade's. When I put my BB back to .713 I still had the problem's. I could care less if you think it happened or not. Oh, and other's...what the other's having problems with the OS or the ones who dont care cause it works for them?
    Dude I don't want what I say to offend you because I don't want to end up with you writing 100 page posts to me, but civic is right. Its probably something you did wrong. I run 1015 on my storm two and have for almost a month now. Is it perfect? No. Does it have bugs? Yes.

But the real question is about your apps, what versions you're using. I run poynt. No problems. I use yahoo messenger, no problems. Weatherbug has bugs (no pun intended) on the blackberry platform, always has. Download berryweather instead and you'll be fine.

As far as no service, did you dial *228 and update your roaming capabilities? I'm in Florida and whenever my service dwindles that's the first thing I do. Cell towers change daily, its a good thing to do once in a while.

And while civic might have said its your fault and you disagree, the idea that two storm2's react differently is bull****. The hardware is identical. The thing that makes some have problems and some hot is software and user inexperience. Either corrupt software downloads or incorrect installation techniques.

I don't consider myself to be a genius, but when it comes to computers I do know a lot, and yes probably more than the Verizon tech guy. Do you know how many phones he's responsible for knowing about? I use my storm2 every freakin day. I'm pretty sure I know more about it then he does because I could walk into my Verizon store and teach my reps a thing or two.

Last edited by xxcatcher16xx; 12-09-10 at 01:57 PM.
    12-09-10 01:51 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD