Turn off the flames before you attack me and make sure to read everything I have to say. Than if you still want to flame me go ahead :P I don't plan on responding to any flames anyway but. I am a former Iphone user, I didnt like it as a phone. I switched over to Verizon some months ago and sold my iphone because as a phone it sucks, however i did buy a Ipod touch because it was a fun toy and had useful tools.

I see a lot of people asking for Iphone features on the storm this really scares me in a lot of ways, I can agree some features would be useful but I want to see just how many people would do the following.

How many people would use a iphone theme for the storm if it mimicked the iphone perfectly, (as far as the storm can anyhow) it would retain the current functions the storm has and you could do everything with the storm you can do now. But you would also have the look and the functions of the iphone. How many people would use this? I personally would not, but lets see how many people would for shi*s and giggles.
    12-26-08 08:44 PM
    I wouldn't. I just want to be able to set my home screens up the best way I can under the limitations that the OS offers. I am looking forward to having a Today screen.
    12-26-08 08:48 PM
    If I liked the iPhone's blingyness I would use their theme. I don't see the huge deal really. Their very similar phones.

Actually the theme we have now if you overlay it on the iPhone theme it looks very very similar. We don't have as much "flashyness" but their are a lot of similarities.
    12-26-08 08:56 PM
    I own an iphone for personal use, and a Storm for business.
    I like them both a lot, but if I had to choose to only own 1 phone it would be the Apple by a narrow margin.
    With a few more tweaks on the BB, and possibly improving the internet browser - who knows?
    12-26-08 09:06 PM
    If it ran like the iphone does I certainly would, and believe you likely would as well. The I phone is so much smoother and easier to use. I think its simple Iphone completely nailed the entertainment side and functionality while also nailing a few business tools (such as not requiring BES non sense, my largest beef with the storm btw, why you cant set up exchange email in storm like iphone and have everything sync wirelessly is disappointing to say the least) The storm has attempted to harness both the entertainment and business side which in turn produced a below average product. If this phone was a second generation or wasnt touch screen it would be dead by now.

I would guess if storm had nearly the functionality or ease of setup as the I Phone there wouldnt be so many returns. I myself just hang by a thread praying it will all come togather shortly.
    12-26-08 09:12 PM
    Well if it is just a theme then I would have to say no. Background and buttons don't worry me too much. But if you mean even mimicking the smoothness of the OS then sure, until RIM works out the kinks in the storms OS. I hope by the release of the app store things will be worked out.
    12-26-08 09:13 PM
    I would leave the Storm Theme as is. I wont have a phone look like the iphone if it isnt one. Plus, Verizon vs At&t.................Big Red Steals the show!!
    12-26-08 09:14 PM
    Sturek,

Not sure if you are a previous BB owner however some of the more popular themes for the Curve and 88xx series have been the iPhone clone ones, typically referred to as an iBerry theme. I'm actually using one on my 8830 for work called iBerry 2.0 Today Plus. I'm also eagerly awaiting the new version of Plasmic to be able to further personalize my Storm as well as my wifes.

Love it or hate it, there are a lot of things that are functionally good about the iPhone. The same can be said for the Storm. The natural progression will be to take the best of these devices and merge them into customize your device how it best works for you.
    12-26-08 09:19 PM
    I dont really like the iphone theme. I would leave the Storm theme absolutely.
    12-27-08 06:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD