You can only run one app at a time on an iPhone? So unlike my Storm I could not receive calls or browse the internet while listening to Pandora? Something like that would make me never ever consider an iPhone. I don't really understand when people say that you can't run multiple apps on the iPhone, seriously? That can't be right.
    08-15-09 01:21 PM
    The iphone can lightly multi task but nothing like the Blackberry's.
    08-15-09 01:23 PM
    The iphone can lightly multi task but nothing like the Blackberry's.
    Wow.......Go BB.
    08-15-09 01:25 PM
    That's partially right. You can't play bubble shooter go to the internet and then resume play.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-09 01:28 PM
    Or even listen to music from your iphone and play a game at the same time

08-16-09 09:39 AM
    But on an iPhone, You get a nifty compass!
    08-16-09 10:10 AM
    Oooooo a compass. That's like so cool I want one! NOT. If I can not browse the web while playing a game while looking at pictures at thw same time while I am updating my statuses on myspace and twitter plus listening to pandora or my music player, a compass is NOT going to make up for it.

08-16-09 11:19 AM
    You mean the iPhone has an app for everything but not for running more than 2 programs at once? Someone should have thought of that
    08-16-09 11:25 AM
    Blasphemers!! How can you speak ill of the Jesus Phone??

08-16-09 11:41 AM
    Or even listen to music from your iphone and play a game at the same time

yes you can..... you can always have the "music" app running. pretty much no matter what
    08-16-09 11:51 AM
    yes you can..... you can always have the "music" app running. pretty much no matter what
    Pretty much isn't all the time.

One app I do like about it is tunes remOte

08-16-09 01:44 PM
    But on an iPhone, You get a nifty compass!
    I have a compass on my Storm...
    08-16-09 08:43 PM
    With the Storm you get the ability to run multiple apps and you get the ability to have memory leaks, the phone locking up, bad app that are written poorly by people who want to make a buck buy have no clue what they are doing. And you also get a phone that is twice as heavy, a thicker phone and a phone that has kills a battery very quick.

Yeah, all this on the Storm and for FREE. Yep, can't beat the Iphone, lol.
    08-16-09 09:24 PM
    Let’s look at this closer. We all know that a single processor only runs one application at a time. Multi-Tasking is a trick that allows us to share processor time across multiple applications to make them look like they are running at the same time. In order to make this happen, the processor saves the state of the currently running applications, loads the next application, processes something then saves its state and goes on to the next. The iPhone application handling isn’t much different with two exceptions: the reliance on the developer to save state; and background servicing.

And no, I do not like the i crap!
    08-16-09 09:35 PM
    You mean the iPhone has an app for everything but not for running more than 2 programs at once? Someone should have thought of that
    There actually is an app called backgrounder, but you have to jailbreak for it and that let's you multitask very well

08-16-09 11:42 PM
    Let�s look at this closer. We all know that a single processor only runs one application at a time. Multi-Tasking is a trick that allows us to share processor time across multiple applications to make them look like they are running at the same time. In order to make this happen, the processor saves the state of the currently running applications, loads the next application, processes something then saves its state and goes on to the next. The iPhone application handling isn�t much different with two exceptions: the reliance on the developer to save state; and background servicing.

And no, I do not like the i crap!
    I've noticed that running slacker and "a game" at the same time tends to break the smooth action of the game, say, when a new song is loading up. The device tends to ping pong pretty quickly between loading and gameplay, creating a pronounced stop-motion effect in the action of the game. How much of this is app dependent vs. "background servicing" dependent?
    08-17-09 02:20 AM
    i've always said the iphone is a cool Gadget or toy, or browser, thats about it
    08-17-09 02:23 AM
    I've noticed that running slacker and "a game" at the same time tends to break the smooth action of the game, say, when a new song is loading up. The device tends to ping pong pretty quickly between loading and gameplay, creating a pronounced stop-motion effect in the action of the game. How much of this is app dependent vs. "background servicing" dependent?
    That never use to happen to me..... Until recently. I could use Pandora and play BrickBreaker with no issues. Ever since the newer version of Pandora though it pauses the music once you start playing BB I want to play BB and listen to music damnit
    08-17-09 10:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD