is their any TRUE Statements if Storm 1 users will get to upgrade for free / or if theirs a discount for the Storm 1 Owners.

if not could someone try and get some info? call verizon etc.. i cant at the moment i have gotten my storm taken away but if anyone could find out any info on this i would be very thankfull Thanks!
    10-14-09 05:35 PM
    I definitely don't see them giving a free upgrade. At best, people may be able to get it for the 2yr price with contract renewal but that probably isn't likely either.
    10-14-09 05:46 PM
    I'm a little confused by all of this trade in talk. Why would Verizon do this? Not that it concerns me, but OP, do you think Verizon should offer S1 users some type of discount or trade program? And if so, why?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Dsmithjr; 10-14-09 at 05:55 PM.
    10-14-09 05:50 PM
    +1 Why do so many Storm owners think they "deserve" a free upgrade or some other treatment? Have you suffered mental anguish because the phone YOU selected to purchase didn't work exactly the way you wanted it? Are you upset with yourself for not returning within 30 days (I assume that if you were displeased with the 9530 you knew it within 30 days, right?)

I'm not trying to be a smartass here, but it does get tiresome reading about everyone trying to get something for free. I've personally enjoyed my Storm since 11/21/08, and will be happily upgrading when the Storm2 drops. I expect nothing at all from VZW. Am I missing something?
    10-14-09 05:54 PM
    Sounds like just rumors to me...
    10-14-09 05:54 PM
    This phone will be treated like any other new phone release. Doesn't matter that there's "Storm" in the name. It may as well be a winmo HTC phone for all Verizon cares--if you aren't eligible for an upgrade or starting a new line, you'll pay full retail or get nothing.
    10-14-09 05:56 PM
    I doubt you will be able to get it for free, verizon will pretty much be throwing away money. You'll probalbly be able to get it at a discount only, of course, if you sign a new contract

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-09 06:00 PM
    i got it taken away since im only 14.. so i dont know to much about the whole "Cell phone buisness industries" and how they work exactly i do knoe everything about my storm and my curve.. take em both apart piece by piece and re asemble it all not to sound like im a genius just because i can take apart my phones etc.. but i just wasnt sure how the phone company runs since i dont pay the bill or anything.
    10-14-09 06:32 PM
    One reason VZW could/should do this is to compete with AT&T's trade in program on the iphone.
    10-26-09 05:08 PM
    yeah , its not happening , wish it would for the reason mentioned above.. but no. sorry
    10-26-09 05:10 PM
    storm 1 owners get no loyalty. Just a .328 upgrade.
    10-26-09 05:11 PM
    Works for me!

As has been posted here on CB many, many times, you can usually get an upgrade if you try hard enough or are a good customer. Just be friendly and it usually happens. I never seem to have a problem getting a free upgrade every year if I want one. No need for a special S1 owner upgrade for me.

10-26-09 06:34 PM
    Did they give me a free Tour because I was a 8830 owner? Nope.

I understand that the Storm 1 was a huge disappointment, but you could have returned it within 30 days, just as I did.
    10-26-09 07:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD