Has made me feel like I bought a new phone. I wasn't too happy with my storm when I bought it... But I was stuck with it and can truly say that I am sooooo happy with the phone now.... By june this phone will be perfect

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 12:17 AM
    what do you think will happen when they up grade the Telus network(HSPA) and we will be unable to take advantage of the speed
    02-25-09 12:22 AM
    Is .109 that much better than
    103?

02-25-09 01:43 AM
    love the new .109. was scared at first installing beta, but after reading success from other beta OS's I had to try. More responsive, faster and works out great. Upgraded from stock .76
    02-25-09 03:13 AM
    Is .109 that much better than
    103?

i didn't try .103 but i did install a .109 hybrid. i went straight to the .109 hybrid from .90 and my battery life went WAY down... i had unplugged my phone at 7:30am as i left for work, and by noon i was over half-way depleted of my battery. i had to plug it in at work because by 2pm i literally had like 20% battery. i did a few minute-long battery pulls before then hoping that would help but alas it didn't.
    the good news? the real .109 is great on battery life! it's almost been unplugged for a full 24hr and i am at 50% (running more stuff and using more than yesterday when i had the .109 hybrid). the speed is awesome on this one too, and the nagging issues from .90 seem to have at least been improved. the only con is the stupid color depth (some people dont care/notice but it bugs me to no end! BUT i think it's a fair trade-off for now as long as they fix that in the next few builds or in an imminent official VZW update)
    02-25-09 03:22 AM
    If u configure your own hybrid you could have .109 with .90s color depth and bold letters like I do.

02-25-09 03:59 AM
    i lost my browser icon.anyone else
    02-25-09 04:24 AM
    I lost my browser icon after installing.Can any help
    02-25-09 04:33 AM
    I lost my browser icon after installing.Can any help
    options>advanced options> host routing tables> press BB button and click REGISTER

i believe that will solve your problem. I had to do that after i upgraded as well. good luck
    02-25-09 04:47 AM
    Thanks.Do you know of any apps to lock or hide pictures
    02-25-09 05:21 AM
    considering installing .109 (although can't seem to download here at work cause we have the download site blocked). After all is done and said, will i need to reinitiate anything to get back to verizon network, email pushes, etc.
    02-25-09 08:24 AM
    lost my contacts after doing this update and dont remember how to get them back.......please help?
    02-25-09 09:05 AM
    lost my contacts after doing this update and dont remember how to get them back.......please help?
    Same here, DM check your backup then restore. It all came back.
    02-25-09 09:48 AM
    i didn't try .103 but i did install a .109 hybrid. i went straight to the .109 hybrid from .90 and my battery life went WAY down... i had unplugged my phone at 7:30am as i left for work, and by noon i was over half-way depleted of my battery. i had to plug it in at work because by 2pm i literally had like 20% battery. i did a few minute-long battery pulls before then hoping that would help but alas it didn't.
    the good news? the real .109 is great on battery life! it's almost been unplugged for a full 24hr and i am at 50% (running more stuff and using more than yesterday when i had the .109 hybrid). the speed is awesome on this one too, and the nagging issues from .90 seem to have at least been improved. the only con is the stupid color depth (some people dont care/notice but it bugs me to no end! BUT i think it's a fair trade-off for now as long as they fix that in the next few builds or in an imminent official VZW update)
    Thanks for the info.One other thing; have you noticed any difference in memory leaks?
    02-25-09 09:48 AM
    Thanks.Do you know of any apps to lock or hide pictures
    you should be able to hide by hitting the BBkey and choose hide
    02-25-09 10:10 AM
    So far, my only gripe with .109 is the baterry drain. It goes down waaay faster than .90 (my previous version).
    02-25-09 10:24 AM
    .109 is the best build to date. I have had really no issues besides a weird color issue at first. The keyboard had always lagged bad on subsiquent builds but it is ALMOST lag free. I am happy with it and cant wait for an official release.
    02-25-09 10:58 AM
    member D3NUO stated he went to the "REAL" .109. where did you get it? i downloaded from post by member COCRUXIFIED file = 9530AllLang_PBr4.7.0_rel153_PL4.0.0.136_A4.7.0.109 .exe
    then install seemed to go pretty good. it restored no problem and had all contacts, messages and pretty much everything back. Status shows im at .109 now so upgrade seems to have taken...

i am having lots of lag issues. i get the hour glass (clock) constantly. also my homescreen picture doesnt fit the same as it used to...now it seems like the res is lower so picture is bigger...
    also have some problems if i have the phone in portrait, click on an email and then switch to landscape to type, the keyboard wont switch unless i wait a while...
    ALSO DONT TRY THEMES...i had 3 and each of them acted worse and seemed to slow things down even more...
    02-25-09 12:22 PM
    Please post in Rants and Raves forum!!!
    02-25-09 12:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD