Received my 3rd replacement phone for a screen click issue. I've already had to fight with them on the phone to get a new phone sent out. I am the most polite gentleman ever, I'm a VERY calm person most of the time, but now I'm more then irritated.

My 3rd phone clicks wonderfully everywhere, the buttons are on tight, no dust, its perfect. Except, the screen is DIM as can be. The difference is unbelievable comparing my 3 phones next to eachother, all running the same operating system.

So my point, I want a full refund, and a working phone. I will not settle until Verizon does something for my time, my hassle. I've been a customer for over 5 years, this if my first blackberry. They got me to buy in to the hype, got me excited with their visual cues, they committed me to paying a large fee for their AMAZING phone. I draw the line here, I don't have time to **** around with backing up/restoring/activating/shipping out boxes/hours on the phone with CS/ hassle of delaing with them on the phone, et cetera.

I WILL not buy another brand new phone on its initial release, that is my word. I'm now tempted to keep my 2nd replacement phone, as the screen click issue was resolved with a piece of felt.
    Last edited by JeffH; 01-07-09 at 07:37 AM. Reason: language
    01-07-09 03:23 AM
    Never give up, Sean. Winners never quit and quitters never win.

I thought your rant in this thread was sufficient......
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/my-...-storm-119503/

I am the most polite gentleman ever, I'm a VERY calm person most of the time You sure about that? lolzzzz

But I guess if creating a new thread about the same thing gets you off more power to ya.
    01-07-09 03:30 AM
    not to rile you up even more...but is your screen brightness turned up to 100?
    i have mine set at 10 or 20 and its way bright...

you probably did, but sometimes when i get angry i forget the simple things...hope that is all it is.
    01-07-09 03:33 AM
    This should be in the rants/raves forum.

Im sorry for all your bad luck. If you are within your 30 days, I would go back and get a different phone that suits you better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 03:33 AM
    So my point, I want a full refund, and a working phone.
    This is a joke right? You seriously think you are entitled to a full refund and the phone?

Ron Bernier
    01-07-09 03:46 AM
    hey man i definitely feel you on that one. I had a few replacements before I threw on the bucket and got myself an omnia. Spent rhetorical whole afternoon cuatomizing to be just right, and let me tell you, I can already tell you this is the device i hoped the storm would be. Its 10x faster, twice the storage, just great.

Thing is, my omnia is NOTHING like the ones at verizon, everything custom which makes interface and function such pleasure to use.

If your tired of the storm I recommend trying the omnia. Best phone on the market in my opinion.

01-07-09 04:03 AM
    I read a lot of these post like everyone else and am noticing that there are a lot of new users out there that have come from other operating platforms. Maybe its just me but I truly believe that some members are beginning to suffer from crying wolf syndrome. Meaning after reading issues upon issues we begin looking for problems with every single phone. I know because i was guilty of the same thing. The phones won't be perfect, when they first came out the commercials don't say the phone is the iphone killer, reviews have put this pressure of the perfect device out there. RIM is a very good brand and much more stable than any winmo phone out there. I just think we all need to re-evaluate how we call in for replacements before Verizon makes peple start bringing storms into the official stores for repairs and to verify. Keep in mind for a company sometimes it is better to elimanate than to keep fixing. And some may jump on my back for saying these things, hopefully this will at least make some one think wait...is something really wrong with my phone or am I just making it up so I can have a new BlackBerry
    01-07-09 07:20 AM
    Please keep this thread on topic. There's no need to discuss the language filter. Thanks.

01-07-09 07:44 AM
    I am the most polite gentleman ever, I'm a VERY calm person most of the time, but now I'm more then irritated.
    I am on my third replacement and still having issue, I haven't yet start posting message on the forum that did nothing to cause your phone issue. I guess that makes me way better than the most polite gentleman ever.

Pronunciation:
    \ˈjen-təl-mən, ˈje-nəl-, in rapid speech also ˈjen-tə-mən, ˈje-nə-\
    Function:
    noun
    Usage:
    often attributive
    Etymology:
    Middle English gentilman
    Date:
    12th century

1 a: a man of noble or gentle birth b: a man belonging to the landed gentry c (1): a man who combines gentle birth or rank with chivalrous qualities (2): a man whose conduct conforms to a high standard of propriety or correct behavior d (1): a man of independent means who does not engage in any occupation or profession for gain (2): a man who does not engage in a menial occupation or in manual labor for gain2: valet �often used in the phrase gentleman's gentleman3: a man of any social class or condition �often used in a courteous reference <show this gentleman to a seat> or usually in the plural in address <ladies and gentlemen>
    � gen�tle�man�like Listen to the pronunciation of gentlemanlike \-mən-ˌlīk\ adjective
    � gen�tle�man�like�ness noun
    01-07-09 08:17 AM
    Stupid question, but you did go into Options, Screen/keyboard, and adjust? Just a thought...
    01-07-09 09:00 AM
    Time is everything to me. I can get the money back no big deal, but my time is priceless.

Yes, I fully expect to get some sort of compensation for this, as in a free month of service, some sort of credit to my account. Can you explain to me why I shouldn't?

About the crying wolf, I put some thought into your response, maybe I am being picky. If you had any of the phones that I had, I can promise that you wouldn't settle for either of them. Why would I buy a brand new plasma TV, only to have half the buttons work on the remote, or have the screen be dimly lit when one of its sole selling points is its bright crisp picture?

I've searched the forums, I"ve played with the brightness/auto dim feature/ exit bedside mode/battery resets, no solution has fixed my phone.

I wish I had the time that half of these members did, to sit here all day in the new OS forum and feed off each others false premonitions for a ray of hope. Unfortunately, my life is currently in fast forward, and I need a working phone with email/messenging/and phone device that WORKS.
    01-07-09 12:25 PM
    Time is everything to me. I can get the money back no big deal, but my time is priceless.

Yes, I fully expect to get some sort of compensation for this, as in a free month of service, some sort of credit to my account. Can you explain to me why I shouldn't?

About the crying wolf, I put some thought into your response, maybe I am being picky. If you had any of the phones that I had, I can promise that you wouldn't settle for either of them. Why would I buy a brand new plasma TV, only to have half the buttons work on the remote, or have the screen be dimly lit when one of its sole selling points is its bright crisp picture?

I've searched the forums, I"ve played with the brightness/auto dim feature/ exit bedside mode/battery resets, no solution has fixed my phone.

I wish I had the time that half of these members did, to sit here all day in the new OS forum and feed off each others false premonitions for a ray of hope. Unfortunately, my life is currently in fast forward, and I need a working phone with email/messenging/and phone device that WORKS.
    Umm..it wouldnt happen to be that your first phone was made in canada and this one in mexico would it? The canada phones have a blue tint to the screen and the mexicos have a warm tint..nothing is wrong with either device and personally the colors look better on teh warmer mexican version. Why dont you post a picture of your phone in landscape mode with brightness fully up..I have yet to hear of this problem so find it odd you're the 1 and only. Infact everyone complains the screen is too bright lol
    01-07-09 12:33 PM
    Never give up, Sean. Winners never quit and quitters never win.

I thought your rant in this thread was sufficient......
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/my-...-storm-119503/

I am the most polite gentleman ever, I'm a VERY calm person most of the time You sure about that? lolzzzz

But I guess if creating a new thread about the same thing gets you off more power to ya.
    Never give up? What is this a fight for the Queen? At what point in buying a cell phone should one have to sum up all his patience, collageral, courage, and bravery- when dealing with a company like RIM? When I signed the dotted line was that it, am I now enlisted as a BB fanboy who is okay with POOR quality control? I insisted on the phone that they open the box on my 2nd replacement and operate the phone to ensure that its a 100% working phone, and they couldn't even do that?

Gentleman don't balk other gentleman FYI.
    01-07-09 12:34 PM
    Umm..it wouldnt happen to be that your first phone was made in canada and this one in mexico would it? The canada phones have a blue tint to the screen and the mexicos have a warm tint..nothing is wrong with either device and personally the colors look better on teh warmer mexican version. Why dont you post a picture of your phone in landscape mode with brightness fully up..I have yet to hear of this problem so find it odd you're the 1 and only. Infact everyone complains the screen is too bright lol
    All phones are from Mexico. The hue is definitely different from the 2nd phone, to the 3rd, I don't care about that. The brightness is comparable to the 20-30 setting on the other two phones.

As I read some of these posts, people are forgetting that this is my 3rd phone, its not like I have nothing to compare it to.
    01-07-09 12:36 PM
    You should give up. It's not meant to be. Return your phone, get a razr and call it a day.
    01-07-09 12:39 PM
    This is a joke right? You seriously think you are entitled to a full refund and the phone?

Ron Bernier
    Nope, I want my old Envy back that I so kindly recycled by their orders, plus a refund including my rebate (Still waiting for the 500 dollar refund for the two phones to be sent back). OR, I want a credit of service to my account, how is this unreasonable?

I wish it was just a simple mistake on my part with the phone, I would be fully open to admit that I did something stupid, but I believe I'm well beyond that.
    01-07-09 12:39 PM
    You should give up. It's not meant to be. Return your phone, get a razr and call it a day.
    Agreed. Fool me once...
    01-07-09 12:40 PM
    razr lol thats funny
    01-07-09 02:05 PM
    razr lol thats funny
    Hey! I think some random person just posted a leaked update! Better go into the OS section and discuss it! I hear its dope! What better things do you folks have to do?

I wish my life gravitated around a phone.
    01-07-09 02:14 PM
    Sorry to hear about your badluck with the storm. I understand what it is like when you need a reliable and solid phone. I guess I am one of the lucky ones who got a good one the first time around when Nov 21st rolled around.

I know you have spent some time backing up and restoring cause it is not always the fastest. But I dont think you will get a full refund. I am guessing you may get a credit on your account to go towards your next bill at the most. But hey VZW has been good to me and they may do that.

Also on the dim screen that is clearly a defect and that needs to be resolved with yet another storm.
    01-07-09 02:44 PM
    Hey! I think some random person just posted a leaked update! Better go into the OS section and discuss it! I hear its dope! What better things do you folks have to do?

I wish my life gravitated around a phone.
    For someone whose life does not gravitated around a phone you sure post a lot on this subject.

First I would have never made a comment regarding your post if you didn't declare yourself as a calm gentleman. Cause the other post you made was full of F bombs and look like a 13 years wrote it when he realized not everything is circle around him.
    Second, if you hate the phone and the company that made the phone so much. Please return it and pick something else, you have until Jan 15th to do so. I would understand that you are upset if you are stuck with it, but no one is holding a gun to your head and make you keep the storm. (DOO DOO happens so deal with it, yeah it's rotten luck that your phone didn't work the way you wanted and yes it's annoying that you have to take time out of you day to deal with it, but that is life)
    Third, you clearly have time to rent on the forum and keep coming back to check to see what other people wrote, yes some of us are mocking you because all you are doing is kicking and crying like a 5 year old and shouting "Mine Mine Mine!" that sense of entitlement is funny and forgive me for mocking you for it. A tinted cell phone does not effect how you make phone call unless it's to the point you can't see anything on the screen anymore (yes they will replace it but they will not give you a phone and issue back your money), good luck getting credit from the big red and why don't you spend your time and energy to argue with them instead of on the forum here with us. Cause none of us can issue you a credit or give u a month of service for free.
    In conclusion... you sir... are no gentleman and stop tell people you are.
    01-07-09 03:59 PM
    I have nothing to prove to somebody on the internet. I posted my frusterations because this IS the rant forum (not the rent forum btw ). Your cynical quips about my rant are personal deformations of my character which isn't appreciated. Don't want to step on fanboys toes here, they get asshurt. Why don't you do a search on that.

I was just credited a free month of service by my verizon rep (110 dollar value) and I'm now on my way to the verizon store to pick up (instead of being shipped to) my 4th storm.

Good day
    Last edited by SeanGTS; 01-07-09 at 04:18 PM.
    01-07-09 04:10 PM
    Yes. This is a place to rant.. Not for you to post profanity and claim to be a gentleman. That is what I am simply pointing out

01-07-09 06:43 PM
    Nope, I want my old Envy back that I so kindly recycled by their orders, plus a refund including my rebate (Still waiting for the 500 dollar refund for the two phones to be sent back). OR, I want a credit of service to my account, how is this unreasonable?

I wish it was just a simple mistake on my part with the phone, I would be fully open to admit that I did something stupid, but I believe I'm well beyond that.
    Nothing personal, mate, but I had the EnV on Verizon for nearly two years and I wanted to smash it against the wall towards the end. I absolutely hated that phone. It never froze up on me or anything, but it was just a bad phone.

01-07-09 07:55 PM
    I apologize for my lewd language, even gentleman have a threshold of irritation.

Have my new phone, works great, I'm very-VERY happy.

4th times a charm!
    01-07-09 07:59 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD