And we were discussing project together. I couldn't help but notice her iPhone. While a couple of us were exchanging numbers to discuss this project, I had to type my number in her phone to call my phone. I thought "Yeah this is pretty nice and easy dialing on this thing. Pretty responsive, whatever, nothing I didn't know already and haven't experienced while playing with everyone else and their moms iPhone on previous accounts." My storm was sitting boldly next the Mac computer two seats down (ironic i know). I then commanded, "Grab my storm over there will you." She was closer to it. Suddenly an unexpected interruption occurred by another project member who touted the iPhone as well. "Whoa is that the storm?", he said. The reaction had me stunned for a few seconds as this was coming from an iPhoner. As the iPhoner project member watched me save the number in my phone I couldn't help but think,
    "maybe the storms he has seen all looked like sht and were probably on .148/.75, and probably didn't have as cool as a background as I currently do". NO freezes happened during this episode.

"Yeah that's the storm, yeah it is cool huh." I replied.
    10-15-09 02:16 PM
    Cool story, bro!

Seriously. I've only been asked a few times "Whoa, is that a Storm?" by close friends / family who are jealous because they're stuck on a Pearl.

Of course, none of them know about the Storm 2 either so I'm exploding about it like a can of pop in a paint shaker.
    10-15-09 02:53 PM
    Funny. I was hoping the first comment would read "cool story bro" thanks lol.

But yeah today weRe talking about operating systems in class, and this book says that all cell phones and pda are single user single task operating system. I had to say "nuh uh the BB storm can multi task!" and she was like well this book is probably a little old (it had new curve as a picture in the book)
    10-15-09 04:18 PM
    One of my coworkers has an iphone. We are constantly comparing. One day I took this really sweet pic and wanted to send it to her. To my dismay, she couldn't receive MMS on her iphone... Now i had been battling for a long time whether to get an iphone or a storm and i went with the storm. SOOOO glad that i did cuz the iphone may be cool in some ways but it royally sucks in many others.
    10-17-09 01:14 AM
    dont lie card. You know your just jealous of the iphoners
    10-17-09 12:25 PM
    The iphone is a good phone and so is the storm. I think its good that you were both able to admire eachothers phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-09 01:46 PM
    I get a lot of "woah! Is that storm!"'s but they are always followed by "I heard those things suck and that they are super slow!"

10-17-09 04:02 PM
    i got a lot of "what phone is that?" when i first got it...but now everyone i know has either a storm or an iphone...then again, everyone got a storm after .148 dropped, so they don't know the struggle we've been through...

these are the same people who i had to tell 5 times how to update their BBM, and sent the link 3 times...same with the new facebook app...

"what's the difference?"
    "is it any good?"
    "is it gonna break my phone?"

if i tell you to do something, don't question it...just do it. i wouldn't lead you astray....

ashtray

anyway, i love playing with my friend's itouch, but i can't stand the iphone. i love the "pappy bounce" game or whatever it is...wish i had it for my storm. but the phone features fail horribly and miserably on the iphone....maybe if it were on VZW it wouldn't suck so bad, but that won't happen for awhile...

i also see a lot of "grass is greener" from people who aren't as knowledgeable on the topic of advanced devices and tech in general. they always ***** about what they have, and say that the other thing is better...then when they get it, they start all over again...

i've started saving txt msgs from people who ***** to me about how much such and such thing sucks, so that when they get the new phone, i can relive the experience with them
    10-17-09 04:31 PM
    anyway, i love playing with my friend's itouch, but i can't stand the iphone. i love the "pappy bounce" game or whatever it is...wish i had it for my storm. but the phone features fail horribly and miserably on the iphone....maybe if it were on VZW it wouldn't suck so bad, but that won't happen for awhile...
    If you like Papi Jump, get ahold of SkyClimber for the Storm. It's a clone of Papi Jump, but with nicer graphics (IMHO), especially the free WorldTraveler add-on.

Funny. I was hoping the first comment would read "cool story bro" thanks lol.

But yeah today weRe talking about operating systems in class, and this book says that all cell phones and pda are single user single task operating system. I had to say "nuh uh the BB storm can multi task!" and she was like well this book is probably a little old (it had new curve as a picture in the book)
    Actually, to be technical about it; WinMo ALWAYS multi-tasks (the problem is CLOSING background apps) - and the iPhone runs a variant of UNIX, which is by definition a multi-user multitasking OS. Just because Apple doesn't allow 3rd party apps to multitask doesn't mean the OS at its core doesn't support it.
    10-19-09 06:14 PM
    thanks for the tip, i'll check it out...

what's the point of multitasking if you can't multitask 3rd party apps anyway?
    10-19-09 06:19 PM
    Papijump is way more fluent and if you get papijump+ there are also different levels, so in my opinion papijump wins.
    If you like Papi Jump, get ahold of SkyClimber for the Storm. It's a clone of Papi Jump, but with nicer graphics (IMHO), especially the free WorldTraveler add-on.

Actually, to be technical about it; WinMo ALWAYS multi-tasks (the problem is CLOSING background apps) - and the iPhone runs a variant of UNIX, which is by definition a multi-user multitasking OS. Just because Apple doesn't allow 3rd party apps to multitask doesn't mean the OS at its core doesn't support it.
    10-19-09 08:52 PM
    thanks for the tip, i'll check it out...

what's the point of multitasking if you can't multitask 3rd party apps anyway?
    exactly.......................................I rarely multi task native apps.
    10-23-09 08:54 AM
    i have a similar story.. I was walking around the mall, enjoying my iPhone when I walked into a bestbuy mobile store to check out the Palm Pre. While I was in there I noticed the sales guy texting on a cool looking touch screen phone. As I had already sold my soul to AT&T I wasnt aware of what other devices were available. The kid let me play around with his phone.. end of story, I ended up giving my phone to my fiancee and bought the Storm.
    10-23-09 11:02 AM
    i have had similar experiences from both iphoners and other bb users
    10-23-09 11:33 AM
    i have a similar story.. I was walking around the mall, enjoying my iPhone when I walked into a bestbuy mobile store to check out the Palm Pre. While I was in there I noticed the sales guy texting on a cool looking touch screen phone. As I had already sold my soul to AT&T I wasnt aware of what other devices were available. The kid let me play around with his phone.. end of story, I ended up giving my phone to my fiancee and bought the Storm.
    lol ok...there's a map for that.
    10-26-09 02:11 AM
    Damn, you people are easily impressed!
    10-26-09 03:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD