Went from the Tour to the Storm 2 about 30 minutes ago.

I really like it a LOT.

Typing is very quick, OS is responsive, and I don't have to deal with those cramped keys anymore!

The device is also incredibly thin!

Glad i switched, and I hope it lasts me! I don't know why anyone said the screen is hard to push down? It's not at all.

Gotta get used to SurePress portrait layout though...a bit odd.

Anyway to get it to T9 setup?
    11-02-09 04:23 PM

I really like it a LOT.

Typing is very quick, OS is responsive, and I don't have to deal with those cramped keys anymore!

Glad i switched, and I hope it lasts me! I don't know why anyone said the screen is hard to push down? It's not at all.

Nope, SurePress is your best bet. You can change it to a QWERTY style or a multitap style (the old school way before T9 was available). While the keyboard is visible in portrait mode, hit the BB Menu button and you'll see options to change the layout.
    11-02-09 04:29 PM
    Congrats on the switch. There's no T9 that I know of but you can set the portrait keyboard to full qwerty which, for me, is a bit easier.
    Just go to Options>Screen & Keyboard> Change portrait keyboard to full

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-09 04:31 PM
    SureType isn't that bad once you get used to it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-09 04:31 PM
    I don't know why you'd want to use T9 Word over SureType. The only advantage is the larger keys. Other than that, there's far less guess work involved with having only two letters per key.
    11-02-09 04:33 PM
    Just the layout is a bit weird...I've been using either QWERTY or T9 my whole life, so i'm sure you can understand my weird feeling haha.

Does vZW sell screen protectors for the s2?
    11-02-09 04:34 PM
    congrats i think once you get used to sure press you will prefer it over the other options... i dont use anything besides sure press... its similar to t9 predictive text
    11-02-09 04:34 PM

I really like it a LOT.

Yeah this is my preferred way to type, even over portrait. After the 5.0 upgrade the accuracy and speed of SureType is excellent. I'm actually faster with less typos using SureType than any other keyboard layout.

The only complain I have about the keyboard is the space bar I wish it was twice the size as it is, right now it's the size of a regular button and I often press the wrong button due to the small size. This would reduce my errors by 80%.

=X=
    11-02-09 05:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD