My Blackberry button isn't working. I called customer service and they said I need a replacement device.

HOWEVER...

They said they won't get replacement devices for another couple weeks. I can call every store and ask if they have them, but that would be a waste of time.

Why did they not set some aside for replacements!?
    11-26-08 11:24 AM
    I don't believe they have any to set aside to use as replacements.

Have you tried to take it to a Verizon corporate store to see if they can maybe fix it?
    11-26-08 11:26 AM
    How do I know which stores are corporate?
    11-26-08 11:30 AM
    I don't believe they have any to set aside to use as replacements.

Have you tried to take it to a Verizon corporate store to see if they can maybe fix it?
    Not true. I called about a screen issue and they told me they had set aside 800 units to replace defective Storms. Mine is scheduled for delivery on Friday.
    11-26-08 11:31 AM
    How do I know which stores are corporate?
    A corporate store would be a free standing Verizon store. Not one that is a kiosk in the mall or Circuit City or Best Buy.
    11-26-08 11:38 AM
    Not true. I called about a screen issue and they told me they had set aside 800 units to replace defective Storms. Mine is scheduled for delivery on Friday.
    REALLY!?? I called CS 3 times and they all said they didn't have any. Where should I call?
    Last edited by JimmyInMD; 11-26-08 at 11:40 AM.
    11-26-08 11:38 AM
    Jimmy, go to Verizonwireless.com > Store locator > Enter your Zip > find a store with a tech dept. Take it to them and see what they can do.
    11-26-08 11:39 AM
    800 units allocated for replacements. That's funny!

OP, if you were originally with Verizon, I'd return the phone and wait for them to be more available and in stock. The reason being is that if you ask for a replacement after your 30 days (doesn't matter when you called or found the issue, only matters when the day of replacement happes), you will only get a refurb unit, not a new one. Within 30 days, all replacements are with new units. That being said, if you return the phone now, you'll just roll back to your previous plan and phone and your NE2 (if you used it) credit will go back on your account as well. Then you simply wait for more to be available and buy the phone again like you did on release. Your 30 days trial starts all over again, you get a new phone and you can see if things improve. Otherwise, prepare to wait just long enough to be out of your 30 days, get screwed with a refurb, hate that as well, and then be stuck with a contract you don't want.

However, if you came from another carrier... you're kinda screwed.
    Last edited by JRSCCivic98; 11-26-08 at 11:54 AM.
    11-26-08 11:51 AM
    A corporate store would be a free standing Verizon store. Not one that is a kiosk in the mall or Circuit City or Best Buy.
    Circuit City stores are Verizon corporate.
    11-26-08 12:18 PM
    There are stores that are "authorized dealers" and stores that are Verizon owned. It's really hard to tell the difference. You may just have to ask. But if you see "authorized retailer" or something like that on the signage, it's not a corporate store.
    11-26-08 12:30 PM
    I just went to the store and they said they couldn't fix it and needed to order one. She was supposed to order it and I'd get a text...

Hasn't happened yet. :|
    11-26-08 12:34 PM
    800 units allocated for replacements. That's funny!

OP, if you were originally with Verizon, I'd return the phone and wait for them to be more available and in stock. The reason being is that if you ask for a replacement after your 30 days (doesn't matter when you called or found the issue, only matters when the day of replacement happes), you will only get a refurb unit, not a new one. Within 30 days, all replacements are with new units. That being said, if you return the phone now, you'll just roll back to your previous plan and phone and your NE2 (if you used it) credit will go back on your account as well. Then you simply wait for more to be available and buy the phone again like you did on release. Your 30 days trial starts all over again, you get a new phone and you can see if things improve. Otherwise, prepare to wait just long enough to be out of your 30 days, get screwed with a refurb, hate that as well, and then be stuck with a contract you don't want.

However, if you came from another carrier... you're kinda screwed.
    Like I stated earlier, Verizon reps need to get on the same page. I spoke to a pleasant rep this morning and she said that if I could absolutely get a new phone is my screen wasn't clicking, but my 30 days does not start over and you can only replace a phone one time. Furthermore, she said that I would be billed for another phone (the price i paid) and then when I returned my not working storm, I would get the credit back. Anyone else had this happen?
    I dont' even know what to think or believe anymore....
    11-26-08 01:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD