I had a nice Zagg screen protector on my S1 for over a year and it felt goey and while it did a great job (I guess) of protecting the screen,I always wondered if I really needed it? Do I?

Also, whats the best OS for the S2? I really like the added room for apps, and the touchscreen seems light years better than ole "Blinky" that died.

Are there any apps/themes that I had on S1 that do not play well with my new S2 that I should watch out for??

Thanks
    05-21-10 04:37 PM
    If you keep your phone in a holster or case that covers the screen, then a screen protector is really not necessary. If you were just carrying the phone in your pocket with your keys, a screen protector would help.
    05-21-10 04:53 PM
    As far as the OS to use there are so many opinions and they work differently for everyone. 607 is the latest official and lots of people say they have issues with it. I use hybrids for my phone. 517 was decent for me. For apps, you can basically download as many as you can and no worry about memory leaks for most of them.
    05-21-10 05:02 PM
    Well, I use a silicone cover during cold weather months and keep it in a coat pocket, in warm weather im in shorts with a cell phone pocket usually and need something slicker than the rubber so I can get it out of my pocket so I use a hard plastic snap on deal, at least it protects the screen if it sit on it's face.

Any vote on the otterbox for this model? (Most likely the commuter, the Defender is to much $$)

EDIT: I see an "Impact" case, it looks like it has potential...does it get in the way of typing?
    Last edited by Rider-on-the-storm; 05-21-10 at 05:09 PM.
    05-21-10 05:04 PM
    The Otterbox is fine. I have the commuter but barely use it because of the extended battery
    05-21-10 05:31 PM
    The Otterbox is fine. I have the commuter but barely use it because of the extended battery
    Extended battery...is battery life an issue?
    05-21-10 05:33 PM
    Desktop charging pod!
    05-21-10 09:29 PM
    Desktop charging pod!
    I guess a car charger will have to do! I don't spend much time at a desk.
    05-21-10 09:59 PM
    Battery life is about on par with the 9530. I personally use a battery only charger and alternate between 2 batteries. I hate being attached to a charger so this works out well. You can also throw your extra battery in your pocket if you know it will be a heavy use day.

Battery only charger
    05-21-10 10:13 PM
    Extended battery...is battery life an issue?
    Like someone else said battery life is the same as the Storm 1. I would rather have an extended one than switching out another. I don't charge daily either. More convenient for me.
    05-21-10 10:22 PM
    Otterbox Commuter in conjuction with a leather side holster. Can't let Odin get hurt!
    05-22-10 02:28 AM
    My battery life was much better on my S2 vs S1. I use the Otterbox Commuter and the Steinheil screen protector. I don't think there is a lot of difference in screen protection as far as "protection" is concerned. There is a tremendous difference in their ease of application. I have found NONE that apply as easily with no bubbles as the green boxed Steinheil. I went through 3 other companies and got very disgusted before someone else here mentioned the Steinheil. They were 100% correct!
    05-22-10 07:43 AM
    Otterbox Commuter in conjuction with a leather side holster. Can't let Odin get hurt!

I have a leather side holster with a flap, but with my rubber cover its a hassle to get it out, to sticky. Do you have any trouble getting the phone out of it with the commuter?
    05-22-10 08:28 AM
    i use the epik case myself with a screen protector and car charger works great. im at a desk a lot but cant charge (full time student). the epik cases are nice and thin like silicone w/o the sticky feeling and are a little stiffer. Epiks are also very reasonably priced and offer great protection w/o adding too much bulk.

heres a link www.EpikPhoneCases.com - Authorized Dealer of Epik Case Products for Smartphones - Blackberry Iphone Etc. im pretty sure crackberry doesnt sell epik
    05-22-10 10:45 AM
    As long as you don't keep it with anything that can scratch the screen I think you'll be fine without a screen protector. I've kept my phone naked for the past three months, and besides a little wear on the battery cover, it looks brand new.
    05-23-10 07:56 AM
    I had a nice Zagg screen protector on my S1 for over a year and it felt goey and while it did a great job (I guess) of protecting the screen,I always wondered if I really needed it? Do I?

Also, whats the best OS for the S2? I really like the added room for apps, and the touchscreen seems light years better than ole "Blinky" that died.

Are there any apps/themes that I had on S1 that do not play well with my new S2 that I should watch out for??

Thanks
    As far as themes go, I'll be honest, the best theme in my opinion has been zen remixed. I use the L shaped 9 button with weather icon and today screen. I have OS 6.0, and BeDroid, but neither offer better functionality and speed of zen remixed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-10 02:36 PM
    A little research!
    05-23-10 03:38 PM
    The screen is real glass is and is also pretty scratch resistant. I really do not think that "screen covers" are anything more than a scam. I've never used one with either my S1 or S2, and I keep it my pocket with my keys and change and such all the time. NOT A SINGLE SCRATCH on it. Not one.

If something were to come in contact with your screen that could cause real damage (i.e. crack it), that screen cover ain't gonna help.
    05-23-10 03:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD