You know whats really weird for me since updating...I never noticed the�color banding while I was on .75 but notice it big tome with .48
    I also notice that the letters on the keyboard are less crisp than on .75
    On the other hand, I haven't had a single reset since upgrading so that's kind of refreshing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That's because this "color banding" issue didn't begin until the the leaks above .75. You'll have to forgive me if I'm wrong as I don't really care about it, certainly don't notice it and am rather drunk, but I want to say that it didn't start until the builds in the .86 - .99 area.
    06-02-09 07:34 PM
    I don't have color banding issue on my original storm. The replacement storm they sent me to fix the screen click issue did and drove me nuts. It looked funny. Switched back to my original device and no color banding. Had them send the replacement back. Both were on .148. They are sending me a new replacement

wat.

colour banding is a result of the OS

i really dont think there is a way to have .148 without colour banding without making a hybrid using an old radio from .75
    06-02-09 07:48 PM
    .90 was the last radio without color banding i think....and i dont care about the issue!
    06-02-09 08:00 PM
    What the **** is color banking issue?
    i mean color banding
    color banding is the formation of musical performance groups using individuals of diverse ethnicities and races, and I don't understand why in this modern 21st century world, why so many people are upset by it.
    06-02-09 09:08 PM
    color banding is the formation of musical performance groups using individuals of diverse ethnicities and races, and I don't understand why in this modern 21st century world, why so many people are upset by it.
    <snicker> good one

06-02-09 09:36 PM
    I have only had my storm since last thursday. I updated to .148 today and i have noticed no problems. I had to reset all my information as it was lost. That was operator error. I'll learn next time. I have loved it for the most part. It does freeze occassionaly. I normally just let it sit for a minute and it works. I use the phone for personall use not business so that might explain alot. I wanted it for the email and documents to go.
    06-02-09 11:39 PM
    wat.

colour banding is a result of the OS

i really dont think there is a way to have .148 without colour banding without making a hybrid using an old radio from .75
    I didn't have them send it back because of the color banding. The color on the replacement phone compared to the crisp detail on my original phone was no comparison. Side by side it was like two different shades and the replacement was not nearly as nice. The point I was trying to make is maybe some screens show it more then others. My replacement was really easy to see the color bands in where as my original you have to really look for it to see it.
    06-03-09 09:27 AM
    I started the download of the official .148 but it wont download. I started it over and hour ago and it is still at 0% progress. Did anyone else have this problem?
    06-03-09 10:12 AM
    how are you doing the DL?
    06-03-09 10:15 AM
    This is the single most overblown issue with the phone. The VAST majority of users never even notice the banding to begin with. And those who do, tough ****, it does nothing to detract from the experience.
    Amen, Brother!!!
    06-03-09 10:17 AM
    Well obviously I don't appreciate it lol, but I can deal.

06-03-09 10:36 AM
    I just did a battery pull and the download started right away. So if anyone has the same problem as me, try that first.
    06-03-09 10:38 AM
    its barely noticeable, it just gets in everyone's head that its there
    06-03-09 10:41 AM
    its barely noticeable, it just gets in everyone's head that its there
    I fully agree
    06-03-09 11:50 AM
    <sigh> I give up. I said it before, there are options. Different themes do not have Color Banding, nor do high resolution wallpapers. Choose wisely.

Complaining here isn't going to resolve your issue. The majority are firmly against you, and all it does is get a lot of people seriously ticked off (I'm not one of them, but I am reaching my limit on this issue).

Yes it's a legitimate issue. Yes it should be fixed. But no, it's never been a top issue, not even in the Top 10 for me. Things like failed number pads in the phone application, broken lock buttons, crashing video players, these and other issues were much more important. Now that most of the CRITICAL bugs have been resolved, maybe they will start working on improving the aesthetics and the overall performance more.

Contact Verizon and RIM and voice your complaint there. If enough people do, maybe it will move up their priority lists. But you're wasting electrons trying to convert the non-believers here.
    great post!

There def is to many people who cry about color banding with a few icons and the media screen, they need to quit their whining cuz its not doing nothing here.

99% of storm owners prob don't notice the color banding on the icons and media screen or yet care. Its just so funny that so many people on CB got their panties in a bunch about it.
    Last edited by BoNg420; 06-03-09 at 01:59 PM.
    06-03-09 01:56 PM
    As upsetting as it may be for most people I'm one of them that doesn't care that much, but knowing that I have an awesome phone, that puts itself in the same category as the iPhone and other amazing phones, it should have high-class graphics. I've used three different themes, two paid and one free, and all of them have had color banding issues on all the leaked OS I've used, mostly, .90, .113, .122, .148, and L's hybrid
    06-03-09 05:56 PM
    .90 should not have banding
    06-03-09 05:57 PM
92 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD