And let's remember - the Storm isn't being advertised as a business device - all the ads I see have it geared towards the media-conscious consumer who can't tell push email from pull. If BB switched, I know everyone on CB would be wailing and gnashing their teeth, but, to an end user, I'd bet a more colorful screen would be more important.
    06-01-09 11:20 AM
    Has it really increased the performance? for all we know it is other fixes, not the color degredation. A media-based Blackberry better have a gorgeous homescreen and UI (to grab the Iphone shoppers) or they will lose customers.
    I don't know. The only place I've read complaints about color banding is right here, and again, it's such a small minority of users. If it's a make-or-break issue for you, fine, but recognize that 99% of users could not care less.
    06-01-09 11:39 AM
    I don't know. The only place I've read complaints about color banding is right here, and again, it's such a small minority of users. If it's a make-or-break issue for you, fine, but recognize that 99% of users could not care less.
    98% of all stats are made up :-P
    06-01-09 11:42 AM
    well i'll take color banding in exchange for being able to use my storm again without leaked S/W...this is at least the OS that the storm should have released with, if not a higher build.
    06-01-09 11:48 AM
    Then do what I did, load a good theme and change your wall paper to one without a lot of gradients. Then the only place you will see it is the Blue/Black background of the media app.

Your only other option is to roll back to .75.

You could also voice your complaint to Verizon and/or RIM. But complaining here isn't going to do much good. First, as you've seen you're not going to get a lot of sympathy. The vast majority of the people here insist they don't see it or that they don't care. Personally I do see it, I do care, but since I have no acceptable choice but to accept it for now, that's what I do, and loaded a theme that does not have the banding issue.
    I agree 100% the AppleBerry back ground theme and logos are super crisp!! I think that maybe its an issue with the default backgrounds not being produced in a higher quality??
    Last edited by Hup55; 06-01-09 at 12:13 PM.
    06-01-09 11:57 AM
    well i'll take color banding in exchange for being able to use my storm again without leaked S/W...this is at least the OS that the storm should have released with, if not a higher build.
    i completely agree with that.
    06-01-09 11:59 AM
    06-01-09 02:36 PM
    Ok imo to me it depends on the quality of the image itself
    06-01-09 02:47 PM
    marcus

Is the .90 radio working out for you? I tried it for a day and a half, but started getting the Verizon screen of death when turning on my phone after charging....also too many random reboots....

I liked the lack (or close to it) of color banding and the larger keys, but couldn't handle the reboots and freezes....I would like to see these again in a future OS and I don't think it's asking too much....
    wade,
    Yeah, so far, so good. Speed, color, large key font. I love it, BUT, I had minimal probs with OS .90 as well......
    06-01-09 03:05 PM
    That is true, BUT, if you are like me and wanted a BB with media options, the color is f*cked up beyond belief on a LOT of themes. If you have IVista 2, load it just to see the color banding. NOT what some of us had in mind when we were looking or a BB with 65k colors
    06-01-09 03:07 PM
    Word around the campfire is that the color banding has been fixed with .151.

It'll be another 6 mos. or so until VzW releases another official so get it on the leak or don't get it at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thank goodness! Can anyone confirm this?
    06-01-09 03:08 PM
    well i'll take color banding in exchange for being able to use my storm againwithout leaked S/W...this is at least the OS that the storm should have released with, if not a higher build.
    *LOL* All I know is, all these RUMORS about .151 fixing the color and adding SOME eye candy has got a tiny, selfish part of me wishing that Verizon had failed .148 at the last minute and moved on to .15x - only a very small part of me, mind you.... But knowing how long it takes to release a build, it might have been a good thing...... Now we're going to hear about being "STUCK" with color banding for the next 6 months....

(Although I guess us 9530 users are STILL stuck with color banding; even on a leaked OS; since we don't HAVE a .151 yet - wonder if we'll see one? Or any .15x leak? )
    06-01-09 04:00 PM
    well at this rate idk if it will be 6 months...if a major issue *coughbluetoothcough* comes up then i'm sure another release won't take as long. and it only took so long because so many builds failed. they will maintain same standards and testing expectations going forward, and most likely no skipping...unless lab/network testing starts jumping ahead on builds from the partner site...which they have zero track record of doing.
    06-01-09 04:05 PM
    well at this rate idk if it will be 6 months...if a major issue *coughbluetoothcough* comes up then i'm sure another release won't take as long. and it only took so long because so many builds failed. they will maintain same standards and testing expectations going forward, and most likely no skipping...unless lab/network testing starts jumping ahead on builds from the partner site...which they have zero track record of doing.
    Bluetooth????? Explain??? Mine works FINE on .148; however the only BT device I use is an AT&T cordless phone with Bluetooth passthru....
    06-01-09 04:07 PM
    Thank goodness! Can anyone confirm this?
    Confirmed. Together with a new type of transition betweeen apps (zoom in - zoom out). Bad news is that almost no custom made theme works anymore.
    06-01-09 04:34 PM
    Bluetooth????? Explain??? Mine works FINE on .148; however the only BT device I use is an AT&T cordless phone with Bluetooth passthru....
    there are some people complaining of bluetooth volume issues, but i haven't duplicated it, i don't have my BT headset around to try, and it could be equipment issues and not OS...we're working on testing it currently. and i heard there are quite a few trouble tickets open with VZW so we'll see...
    06-01-09 04:49 PM
    Confirmed. Together with a new type of transition betweeen apps (zoom in - zoom out). Bad news is that almost no custom made theme works anymore.
    That is great news for us, bad news for theme developers!
    06-01-09 05:06 PM
    there are some people complaining of bluetooth volume issues, but i haven't duplicated it, i don't have my BT headset around to try, and it could be equipment issues and not OS...we're working on testing it currently. and i heard there are quite a few trouble tickets open with VZW so we'll see...
    I wonder if people are forgetting to reset their volume levels after loading the new OS?
    06-02-09 08:23 AM
    it does not look like crap. You all are making a non issue an issue. If you think its a big issue then go back to .75, otherwise quit complaining!
    You know whats really weird for me since updating...I never noticed the�color banding while I was on .75 but notice it big tome with .48
    I also notice that the letters on the keyboard are less crisp than on .75
    On the other hand, I haven't had a single reset since upgrading so that's kind of refreshing.

06-02-09 08:50 AM
    I haven't read the entire thread but am I in the minority here? I see absolutely no color-banding on my Storm. I've had it since release and I've been running leaked OS's for the last 4 months or so. It's the theme and background I'm running you say? I checked the Media screen with the black/blue backgrounds and nothing, no color banding.
    06-02-09 09:33 AM
    What the **** is color banking issue?
    06-02-09 09:38 AM
    i mean color banding
    06-02-09 09:39 AM
    I was trying to think of something I care less about and came up with shrimp flavored ramem noodles or perhaps a ball-peen hammer...

06-02-09 09:47 AM
    I don't have color banding issue on my original storm. The replacement storm they sent me to fix the screen click issue did and drove me nuts. It looked funny. Switched back to my original device and no color banding. Had them send the replacement back. Both were on .148. They are sending me a new replacement

06-02-09 06:55 PM
    I was surprised that the Storm's screen only had 65K colors. Now if they put the PSP's screen on the Storm...*Homer Simpson drool*
    06-02-09 07:07 PM
92 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD