yeah the dreaded color banding issue we all have been fighting since the leaks since .75 is now stuck with all of us now. I would have thought RIM and Verizon would have fixed this issue before releasing a official update but obviously does not care how the phone looks. This is a big turn off for me, the screen looks like crap! all the color bands make my eyes go spinning
    05-31-09 05:40 PM
    yeah the dreaded color banding issue we all have been fighting since the leaks since .75 is now stuck with all of us now. I would have thought RIM and Verizon would have fixed this issue before releasing a official update but obviously does not care how the phone looks. This is a big turn off for me, the screen looks like crap! all the color bands make my eyes go spinning
    it does not look like crap. You all are making a non issue an issue. If you think its a big issue then go back to .75, otherwise quit complaining!
    05-31-09 05:43 PM
    I barely noticed it in the leaks, I barely notice it now. I remember reading somewhere that people thought this was done purposely to help improve OS performance.
    05-31-09 05:44 PM
    I barely noticed it in the leaks, I barely notice it now. I remember reading somewhere that people thought this was done purposely to help improve OS performance.
    That is the theory. Not documented any where official, but it seems to be the case.

You can mitigate the banding with a certain themes and a good quality wall paper. The banding does not affect the important things, such as the pictures on your media card when viewed through the media app or video playback.
    05-31-09 05:48 PM
    That is the theory. Not documented any where official, but it seems to be the case.

You can mitigate the banding with a certain themes and a good quality wall paper. The banding does not affect the important things, such as the pictures on your media card when viewed through the media app or video playback.
    i know the color banding doesn't affect things, I just hate seeing bands of color. to me it makes the phone look cheap, I mean this is a 500 dollar phone were talking about that you can see color bands on?? thats not right, not on a 500 dollar phone..
    05-31-09 05:50 PM
    i know the color banding doesn't affect things, I just hate seeing bands of color. to me it makes the phone look cheap, I mean this is a 500 dollar phone were talking about that you can see color bands on?? thats not right, not on a 500 dollar phone..
    I'd be troubled if a 500 dollar phone couldn't show bands on low-quality images. That's the mark of a high-resolution display. I don't complain that standard cable looks like crap on my 1080p HDTV - I'd be worried if it didn't.
    05-31-09 05:54 PM
    Then do what I did, load a good theme and change your wall paper to one without a lot of gradients. Then the only place you will see it is the Blue/Black background of the media app.

Your only other option is to roll back to .75.

You could also voice your complaint to Verizon and/or RIM. But complaining here isn't going to do much good. First, as you've seen you're not going to get a lot of sympathy. The vast majority of the people here insist they don't see it or that they don't care. Personally I do see it, I do care, but since I have no acceptable choice but to accept it for now, that's what I do, and loaded a theme that does not have the banding issue.
    05-31-09 05:59 PM
    I dont have this is issue with my themes. I haven't noticed this issue.yet

Then do what I did, load a good theme and change your wall paper to one without a lot of gradients. Then the only place you will see it is the Blue/Black background of the media app.

You could also voice your complaint to Verizon and/or RIM. But complaining here isn't going to do much good. First, as you've seen you're not going to get a lot of sympathy. The vast majority of the people here insist they don't see it or that they don't care. Personally I do see it, I do care, but since I have no acceptable choice but to accept it for now, that's what I do, and loaded a theme that does not have the banding issue.
    05-31-09 06:05 PM
    Please educate. What is color banding? I am looking at my new (3 week) .75 Storm screen and it looks terrific, at least to my newbie eyes....

Cheers,
    Steve in So Cal
    05-31-09 06:05 PM
    This is the single most overblown issue with the phone. The VAST majority of users never even notice the banding to begin with. And those who do, tough ****, it does nothing to detract from the experience.
    05-31-09 06:08 PM
    If you don't notice it, don't go looking for it. Once you see it, you'll never be able to not see it. Just enjoy your phone.
    05-31-09 06:12 PM
    Please educate. What is color banding? I am looking at my new (3 week) .75 Storm screen and it looks terrific, at least to my newbie eyes....

Cheers,
    Steve in So Cal
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/wha...anding-202988/
    05-31-09 06:15 PM
    I'll tell you all this... Schmoopie doesn't see any color banding! Holla!
    05-31-09 06:17 PM
    It doesn't bother me one bit. Yes, I see it, but it just doesn't bother me since it doesn't affect how the phone works.
    05-31-09 06:19 PM
    When I first booted I really didnt notice any at all until I went to media.
    05-31-09 06:21 PM
    I agree that this so-called issue is very much overblown. I think my screen looks terrific.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 06:22 PM

Thanks a bunch. I couldn't even find banding on my phone with my theme and wallpaper and now I know exactly where to find it. Dang it, dang it, dang it......
    05-31-09 06:27 PM
    Thanks a bunch. I couldn't even find banding on my phone with my theme and wallpaper and now I know exactly where to find it. Dang it, dang it, dang it......
    Please know that the color banding on the home screen of the media app was always there... even in .75. That is an unfair example of color banding because of this.
    05-31-09 06:30 PM
    So Schmoopie, how is 148 for ya
    05-31-09 06:36 PM
    True, this is her first update, isn't it? Well Morf?
    05-31-09 06:38 PM
    True, this is her first update, isn't it? Well Morf?
    You have no idea how hard it was to hold myself back from starting a "Downloading Now" thread! Ha ha ha ha ha! Seems pretty darn nice! Definitely makes the device faster! Funny, though... it didn't restore all of my settings, apps, calendar, etc. and I had to restore them all from backups... but when I upgraded my husband's phone, it all went as it should. Ha ha ha ha! The only issue I was having was not being able to sign in to TweetGenius, but I figured that out. I didn't have any other issues! Holla!

(And I truly don't see any stupid color banding. )
    05-31-09 06:42 PM
    Glad to hear, i was wanting to see an honest answer from someone reliable.
    05-31-09 06:44 PM
    You have no idea how hard it was to hold myself back from starting a "Downloading Now" thread! Ha ha ha ha ha! Seems pretty darn nice! Definitely makes the device faster! Funny, though... it didn't restore all of my settings, apps, calendar, etc. and I had to restore them all from backups... but when I upgraded my husband's phone, it all went as it should. Ha ha ha ha! The only issue I was having was not being able to sign in to TweetGenius, but I figured that out. I didn't have any other issues! Holla!

(And I truly don't see any stupid color banding. )
    Awesome. Welcome to the big boy (or girl, in your case, no offense intended) club!

What theme do you use? I know I saw you post it somewhere before, but I don't remember now.
    05-31-09 06:47 PM
    Awesome. Welcome to the big boy (or girl, in your case, no offense intended) club!

What theme do you use? I know I saw you post it somewhere before, but I don't remember now.
    I use the Custom_Dark theme, and my background picture is a fractal design that my husband made. The colors in it are beautiful... I see no issue with it whatsoever. I can see it just a little bit in things like the blue selection bar in BBM, and things like that, but it is hardly noticeable unless I'm really looking for it. Definitely isn't raining on MY parade!

Oh... and no offense taken. I've always been considered "just one of the guys"... it's all good!
    05-31-09 07:02 PM
    it does not look like crap. You all are making a non issue an issue. If you think its a big issue then go back to .75, otherwise quit complaining!
    You really need to stop taking this stuff personal,it's going to give you a heart attack.
    05-31-09 07:15 PM
92 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD