I just picked up the 3-pack of these protectors and was just looking for feedback before I put them on.

thanks
    11-29-08 12:04 AM
    how much did that set you back? Checkout bestskinsever.com
    11-29-08 12:06 AM
    ..........$8
    11-29-08 12:07 AM
    aahh ok, that's cheaper than I expected!
    11-29-08 12:07 AM
    I love the VZ skins...they're invisible once they're on correctly. I think you'll love them. And seem to be quite sturdy...I don't think I'll be replacing the first soon...
    11-29-08 12:08 AM
    Yeah I've use the BSE skins before but I'm not putting anything on that requires water to be used...at least not on the Storm anyways.
    11-29-08 12:09 AM
    they're nifty... but after getting my whole phone skinned, i'd look at Phantom Skinz... it's a TREAT !
    11-29-08 12:10 AM
    If they weren't $9 for three I wouldn't pay for them. They're cut pretty close, but (at least in my lot) Verizon left just a little bit too much around the edges - if I line them up with the edge of the screen on one side, they stick out a little bit over the other, which is kind of annoying since they tend to attract dust and lint. I'm waiting for my screen-only PhantomSkinz kit to arrive. They purposely cut those a tiny bit short of the actual screen size to give you more wiggle room when applying them.
    11-29-08 12:38 AM
    Verdict?

Yay! to VZW skins ... or Nay?

I'm on the fence.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-08 12:43 AM
    definitely yay for me...they fit perfectly...i don't have any bit hanging over any edge...
    11-29-08 12:44 AM
    haha cool

Yay : 1

Nay : 0

So far so good! Any others? Comments needed / appreciated!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-08 12:46 AM
    Invisible Shield by ZAGG is another solution. Same price as the Phantom Skinz ($24.95 for the full body cover). Unfortunately, they both use the same "wet and apply" technique; Invisible Shield has been around for quite a while and has a lot more information on their website, but I'm sure the two brands are nearly identical.

I would link right to them but I don't have my mandatory 10 points yet, been lurking for some time:
    Invisible Shield -- hxxp://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/blackberry-storm-9500-cases-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shields.php
    Phantom Skinz -- hxxp://phantomskinz.com/blackberrystorm9530.aspx
    11-29-08 12:46 AM
    Invisible Shield by ZAGG is another solution. Same price as the Phantom Skinz ($24.95 for the full body cover).
    Except when you buy the IS, they only send you one kit. PS will send you 2 full body kits and 2 screen only kits for $24.95, plus free shipping.
    11-29-08 01:08 AM
    I love the VZ skins...they're invisible once they're on correctly. I think you'll love them. And seem to be quite sturdy...I don't think I'll be replacing the first soon...
    I don't know if VZW has the same self-healing anti-scratch technology that is bestowed upon all the other brands. And when I used the Storm at my local store, it had a screen protector on it. Not very invisible if you tell me, cuz I noticed it right off the bat. Just to let ya know....I vote Nay.
    11-29-08 01:11 AM
    Oh yea, I almost forgot. Phantom Skinz Screen only kit is just 9.95, round that up to 10 bucks, and that's only 2 bucks more then verizons. You'll get 2 kits, and I'm sure their alot better then Verizons also.
    11-29-08 01:16 AM
    I vote "yay." If they weren't invisible on the demo models then they were probably installed incorrectly. Mine did fit EXACTLY edge to edge so it did take a few tries to get it lined up right, but once I did it went down nice and clear and didn't hang over the edge anywhere. the key is to just be patient and not rush it.
    11-29-08 01:19 AM
    +1 for the VZ 3-pack. IMO...completely undetectable if applied carefully. No overhang past the screen. Bubbles worked out pretty easily. And at $3 each I wouldnt be too upset if I f'd one up and had to use another. Only negative IMO is I wish they included the little non-scratch card to help work the bubbles out. Otherwise, worth the $9
    11-29-08 01:35 AM
    I'm sold on the VZW 3-pack. And with my corp 25% discount on accessories, they were a couple bucks less making them an even greater no brainer.

I somehow biffed applying the first one or else it had an imperfection in the form of a nearly invisible scratch - but quite visible on solid white background - I wasn't too bent out of shape binning it and using a second one. It went on just as smoothly, edge to edge. Took some effort to work out one particular bubble but patience and pressure got rid of it. I do have some concerns about what look like imperfect seals at the corners but again, for the price if I have to apply the 3rd one in 6 months and pick up another 3-pack to have on hand, I won't be too distraught.
    11-29-08 01:41 AM
    Yay : 4

Nay : 2

its close. IS seems like way too much work to put on haha. one guy said it took him almost two hours. thats nuts
    11-29-08 01:44 AM
    Well I ordered the full body from Cell Phone Screen Protectors, Accessories & Screen Covers | PhantomSkinz.com I will get it before I get my storm lol!! but I got 2 full body and 2 screen protectors for 24.95 FREE shipping to Canada
    11-29-08 01:47 AM
    hey how are the phantom skins? anybody try em? any different than IS?
    11-29-08 01:49 AM
    +1 for Verizon's protectors if you still care. I've used those, IS, and BSE. I like Verizon's because there is no "orange peel" effect and you don't get that "sticky" feeling when scrolling.

In fact, the things are so invisible that in one of the other threads somebody was complaining that the Verizon protectors were crap until he realized that he had actually already installed it without realizing it.
    11-29-08 01:57 AM
    Practical demonstration. This is my LG Dare before and after, soon to be returned to VZ, with the protector I bought and applied after 2 months. I used tthe cleaning cloth (supplied) to wipe down the screen and a credit card as a squeegee to remove air bubbles. It took about 5 min due to a sudden bout of OCD to get it lined perfectly.

It obviously doesn't self heal but also doesn't require anything beyond a clean screen (no liquids). And can be replaced when it gets too scratched for your taste (you get 3). To remove it I heated it with my breath, worked my fingernail under an edge and peeled it off. No residue

Decide for yourself
    11-29-08 02:02 AM
    like I said I haven't gotten mine yet but next week. here is a link to where some pics are and some comments. maybe it will help you out.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/pha...photos-103607/

hey how are the phantom skins? anybody try em? any different than IS?
    11-29-08 02:04 AM
    I'll be looking forward to your review Sarfraz.
    11-29-08 02:42 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD