That just about says it all.

It's a pity I've wasted the last year and a half trying to get some performance out of the browser on this device. All I can say is, RIM is getting exactly what it deserves. It will soon be on the ash heap along with Palm.
    03-29-10 10:07 PM
    Admob isn't the most reliable in showing actual phone users and phones. Here's a few things. I realize the report is from few months ago, but still relevant.

Remember AdMob data is based on the usage of mobile sites and apps, which is very different than if you were to look at estimates of device sales from Gartner, IDC, or your favorite Wall Street analyst. For those new to the Metrics report, visit this blog post for details on the report methodology.
    December 2009 Mobile Metrics Report � AdMob Metrics

The report is based on the ad requests we receive from our network of more than 15,000 mobile Web sites and iPhone and Android applications. The data contained in the report is a measure of mobile data usage and does not represent the traditional view of market share based on the number of handsets sold
    Why don't they advertise on any Blackberry applications? Seems a little biased to me.
    03-29-10 10:18 PM
    03-29-10 10:22 PM
    ^^Hey look at that, an unbiased real study. You don't see too many of those around anymore.

P.S. I remember that thread that was started by civic, I think. It was a huge battle when I seen it, so I stayed away. I hope this one doesn't get that way...
    03-29-10 10:32 PM
    I'd believe it, but I wonder if the fact that VzW's BOGO tirade had something to do with that percentage.
    03-29-10 10:45 PM
    The 83XX curve series blow out the iPhone seeling number each 3 months...

Q1: RIM Unseats Apple in The NPD Group's Latest Smartphone Ranking
    Q2: The 10 best-selling smartphones of Q2; more momentum for BlackBerry, iPhone | Tech Sanity Check | TechRepublic.com
    Q3: RIM dominates the top selling smartphones in Q3 | BlackBerry Cool
    Q4: BlackBerry Curve Remains Top Selling Smartphone in Q4 2009 | PocketBerry

all those number are for North America.

Here are the numbers for the WORLD for the entire 2009 year: Apple iPhone was 3rd best selling smartphone in 2009 with 14.4% Market Share | A4AAPL

mmmmh, curious: Nokia first(not android or apple), Rim second(oh surprise!), after come Apple, and MILES AWAY, you can see HTC with WinMo and Android OS... Oh and where is Motorola with the Droid/Milestone?

BANG!
    03-29-10 10:48 PM
    C'mon people, lets not feed the TROLL, given his number of posts you'd think he/she would know how to use the "Search" option by now, that's why it's obvious they're "trollin".

This was so beaten down already, gimme a break.
    03-30-10 06:28 AM
    Looks like I got you to post... JOEL... if you don't like my post... JOEL... then don't bother to read them... JOEL...
    03-30-10 09:53 PM
    Well something you should take into account is that 2009 saw the greatest increase in smartphone adoption yet. So even while the graph shows a decrease, there's still an increase in sales. BlackBerry is doing just fine, the only thing that's changed is that it now has some viable contenders.

On an unrelated note, I'm interested to see how winmo will do when that's released, and more specifically, whos customers its going to steal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by DrewCSchultz; 03-31-10 at 12:47 AM.
    03-31-10 12:44 AM
    Looks like I got you to post... JOEL... if you don't like my post... JOEL... then don't bother to read them... JOEL...
    The only thing you got me to post was that "YOU" are beating an already "DEAD" horse as this has been covered in at least 2 other threads that I know of, so your reason for starting another thread of the same topic is????

Oh wait, that's how you get to be a "master"

Sounds like "A.D.D" to me.
    Last edited by JoelTruckerDude; 03-31-10 at 05:41 AM.
    03-31-10 05:39 AM

That just about says it all.

It's a pity I've wasted the last year and a half trying to get some performance out of the browser on this device. All I can say is, RIM is getting exactly what it deserves. It will soon be on the ash heap along with Palm.
    Numbers do not lie. For the fourth quarter RIM had a 37% sales growth. I already posted about it and some people (with an agenda) were so angry about it they went ballistic resulting in the thread being closed.

I am not a business expert by any means but I am fairly sure that is "good". Point me to the "ash heap" where 37% income increases happen in a 3 month period. I want to belong to it as well.

how's that epic fail sandwich taste?

04-03-10 05:08 AM
    Numbers do not lie. For the fourth quarter RIM had a 37% sales growth. I already posted about it and some people (with an agenda) were so angry about it they went ballistic resulting in the thread being closed.

I am not a business expert by any means but I am fairly sure that is "good". Point me to the "ash heap" where 37% income increases happen in a 3 month period. I want to belong to it as well.

Dude, you started a thread titled "read it and weep trolls" in rants and raves. Who had the agenda? And as its been pointed out in this thread already I ask again, what is the point? The company who made my TV made some money too. I need to start a thread about it...

04-03-10 10:54 AM

Your idiocy knows no bounds. This quote is from two posts above yours. This just proves you don't even know what you're arguing about anymore.

Well something you should take into account is that 2009 saw the greatest increase in smartphone adoption yet. So even while the graph shows a decrease, there's still an increase in sales. BlackBerry is doing just fine, the only thing that's changed is that it now has some viable contenders.
    BTW, shouldn't you be banned for creating another account to pretend you have someone backing you up?

Cue jibberish.
    04-03-10 01:21 PM
    Your idiocy knows no bounds. This quote is from two posts above yours. This just proves you don't even know what you're arguing about anymore.

BTW, shouldn't you be banned for creating another account to pretend you have someone backing you up?

Cue jibberish.
    (1) my post was to the OP. You must be paranoid.

(2) if you are accusing me of having multiple accounts, you are wrong.

04-03-10 06:56 PM
    Kb5zht = jisdis

Obvious second account is obvious.

04-03-10 07:15 PM
    Kb5zht = jisdis

Obvious second account is obvious.

Not hardly. Guilty dogs bark the loudest; while you don't have multiple accounts, its just as bad that you pm and email two other users of the same phone to compare notes and plan what to say. You can't stand on your own two feet; you must have back up.

your phone isn't half of what the storm is and it consumes you. Why else are you still harassing users in another forum?

I feel sorry for you.

04-04-10 07:35 PM
    your phone [Nexus One - poster's note] isn't half of what the storm is and it consumes you.
    Before, you had little credibility.

Now you have none.

Seriously. I'd love to know how the N1 is half the phone of the Storm.
    04-04-10 08:12 PM
    Holy **** he just took the crazy up a notch. I can't be the only one paying attention to what this moron has been saying.

04-04-10 08:37 PM
    I know he is just being a smartass when he made that comment but seriously the nexus is a great phone. I just read a really in depth review of it compared to the jesus phone and ir was really nice to read. I just want to have the HTC version with Sense UI and i will pick one up, might just use it on wifi for a while and then activate if i like it enough and give it a real test
    04-04-10 08:42 PM
    I know he is just being a smartass when he made that comment but seriously the nexus is a great phone. I just read a really in depth review of it compared to the jesus phone and ir was really nice to read. I just want to have the HTC version with Sense UI and i will pick one up, might just use it on wifi for a while and then activate if i like it enough and give it a real test
    Yea the incredible looks like it my live up to its name. I dig sense ui.

04-04-10 08:45 PM
    Before, you had little credibility.

Now you have none.

Seriously. I'd love to know how the N1 is half the phone of the Storm.
    You're asking him to exchange intelligent facts or opinions to support his nonsense. From what I've observed that's asking too much. On a side note I can't wait to try this new htc device if / when it comes to vzw.

04-04-10 10:29 PM
    Where did you find that review? I would like to learn more myself.

04-04-10 10:31 PM
    LOL...same thing I was thinking....there are 3 or 4 threads on this subject, each showing different graphs, different "studies" and different "surveys" and they all conflict with one another. Personally, I've come to the opinon of "so what?" Technology and it's adaptation changes in the blink of an eye these days and what's up today will come down tomorrow or the day after. That being said, I'm a firm believer in the "if we're not #1 then we try harder." Gotta love competition. Oh yeah, and just like the other threads, I see this one going down the drain.

Last edited by EnergyPlus; 04-04-10 at 10:36 PM.
    04-04-10 10:33 PM
    You're asking him to exchange intelligent facts or opinions to support his nonsense. From what I've observed that's asking too much. On a side note I can't wait to try this new htc device if / when it comes to vzw.

Yea it should be pretty awesome. It has pretty much the same technical specs as the N1 (which according to kbz5ht are embarassing), instead it has an optical trackpad instead of a trackball. It also will have Sense UI which is really nice.

Seriously, though, if that guy even knew what specs were, he would know that it is the most powerful handset available in North America, with the HTC HD2 in a close second.
    04-04-10 10:36 PM
    04-04-10 10:46 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD