I did an online order for my storm on the Friday it was released. Received it about four days later. I really like the phone. I have done the Torx fix for the screen and have updated to .76.

The phone continues to do some quirky things. Sometimes the accelerometer works flawlessly and sometimes it lags a lot. I don't have a lot of applications installed. This morning it started to play a voicemail I downloaded from my e-mail yesterday and I could not get it off until it finished. Sometimes it takes several clicks to respond to different keys. I also get the occasional random re-boot, but not to the degree that some have experienced.

I just don't know if these are software glitches that future updates will resolve or if there are hardware issues (I tend to think a combination of both) but many on this forum don't seem to have any of these issues. If I need a replacement I would like to do it before the 30 days are up.

What do people think--replace or wait.

Thanks and thank you for all the helpful information on this forum.
    12-17-08 12:08 PM
    A replacement never hurts. I got my replacement two days ago and am very happy.
    12-17-08 12:12 PM
    I think everybody should keep sending them back until you get one that works properly. Maybe RIM / Verizon will wakeup someday.
    12-17-08 12:16 PM
    I'm having some quirky issues too and I'll be ordering a replacement in the next couple of days. I agree with everyone that it should work the way you want it, and if they need to send us new ones, so be it.
    12-17-08 12:20 PM
    I think everybody should keep sending them back until you get one that works properly. Maybe RIM / Verizon will wakeup someday.
    I think this is the best thing to do.

The show stoppers for me would be missed calls or not being able to make a call due to freezes or reboots.
    12-17-08 12:24 PM
    I called Verizon. After a little explaining, they agreed to replace phone--stated it would be a new phone not refurbished. They must be really backed up as he was working to find inventory to ship. He said he would call me back with that information.
    12-17-08 01:28 PM
    OK, I have a related question. I've had a Pearl the last two years, and it's taken me all of the last month to decide between the Bold and the Storm. I think I'm going to ignore the "safe" pick, and go with the Storm...it's upside is higher, to borrow a basketball term.

So, I want to order from Amazon, because they have it for $150. Let's say I get a flaky Storm. Do I call Verizon to get a replacement? I would I have to go through Amazon? Or can I go to a VZW store? Or any of the above?

Any input is appreciated. Thanks.
    12-17-08 01:37 PM
    Ouch, sounds like you've got a bad Storm lol. My Storm works perfectly fine just a few lags here and there. I would get a replacement if I were you, though I hate paying that $50 "replacement" fee... -.-
    12-17-08 01:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD