on one and think I want it! I know it's not a berry, but it sure seemed nice. Much lighter, screen was very responsive and it's smaller than my Storm. Any other input?
    thanks!
    04-07-09 09:22 PM
    I had one for a few weeks. I just couldnt get used to it.

It has no spell check on it, which makes typing really slow as it is really easy to make mistakes on that tiny screen.
    04-07-09 09:24 PM
    A coworker has one and it's not bad, but I don't like the screen compared to the Storm (or even the iphone). I could be imagining it but on the dare the screen seems to 'flex' a little bit, which I'm not a big fan of. I also noticed that she had a scratch on her screen even though she tends to take pretty good care of her stuff.

Not a horrible phone by any means, just not right for me.
    04-07-09 09:28 PM
    on one and think I want it! I know it's not a berry, but it sure seemed nice. Much lighter, screen was very responsive and it's smaller than my Storm. Any other input?
    thanks!
    hi
    I had it for about 3 weeks...it's a cool phone, but it wasn't enough...so I ended up returning it for a storm...glad I did
    04-07-09 09:29 PM
    Why did you start a thread about the LG Dare on a Blackberry Storm Forum? Or for that matter a Blackberry website?
    04-07-09 09:32 PM
    A friend of mine owns one, and he is about to have it replaced for the second time due to screen issues. Another poster here mentioned that the screen "flexes", and that may be the problem. My friend treats the phone like a baby, and twice now the color has "pooled" in the center of the screen... almost like a calculator screen would if you applied too much pressure to it... and I can guarantee he isn't applying undue pressure.

I don't know if this is a common problem, or if he has just been unlucky, but it may be something to think about.
    04-07-09 09:33 PM
    I had the lg dare. I sold it for the storm. I'm so happy I did the dare was a good camera that had the ability to make calls. texting is horrible. And no multi tasking. Internet was terrible IMHO. Once you exited the browser you had to restart your internet to get back on. Didn't like it at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    My son has the Dare. It is a very nice phone but like you said "its not a Berry." I definitely like my storm better.

I like it. I got rid of it for my Storm and make the right choice.
    04-07-09 09:35 PM
    I had one before I got my Storm. I really liked it... for a dumbphone. I'd never give up my BB for it.
    04-07-09 09:36 PM
    When I purchased my Storm I passed my LG Dare to my 13 year old daughter. She texts like mad and quite fast.
    Although I could never go back to it, it is a reliable phone and we have not had any problems with it.
    04-07-09 09:41 PM
    Lol my condolences.I'm joking the dare looks decent. It doesn't hold a candle to the storm right now even with the mediocre Os.

04-07-09 09:47 PM
    thanks!
    Dare is an awesome "dumb" phone
    just it's not a bberry, so it's a very different animal
    04-07-09 09:49 PM
    had the DARE while i waited for a STORM to be available, it was nothing compared to the STORM, and i was always accidently tapping the space or delete button while texting, i prefer the full clicking so i dont make that mistake. internet browsing isnt even comparable either.
    04-07-09 09:50 PM
    had the DARE while i waited for a STORM to be available, it was nothing compared to the STORM, and i was always accidently tapping the space or delete button while texting, i prefer the full clicking so i dont make that mistake. internet browsing isnt even comparable either.
    also, I could never stand the fact that the icons moved all over the freaking place
    04-07-09 09:52 PM
    I had a dare before I was a bb fan. It was a pretty good phone I guess. My screen
    ended up dipping in a little, so I traded for a curve and I have been a bb junkie
    every since. The screen takes time to get used, just like the storm but after some
    practice I could type pretty fast.

04-07-09 10:00 PM
    thanks!
    LG's have lots of software issues, far more than the Storm or any other Berry, really. They're pretty decent phones, but they're ONLY basic handsets.
    04-07-09 10:00 PM
    LG's have lots of software issues, far more than the Storm or any other Berry, really. They're pretty decent phones, but they're ONLY basic handsets.
    I always had LG's before the Storm...were great phones, but as you suggest, limited. Very limited
    04-07-09 10:02 PM
    my close friend still has a Dare..so I've played with it a lot
    and I used to use an Omnia before coming to the storm..
    to be honest, you're not going to like how the screen responds compared to the capacitive (sp?) touch screen on the storm
    software wise it isnt so bad but the Dare tends to lag
    at least with the storm you can update to beta OSes to work out some of the kinks

I've went from smartphone to dumbphones before but...the transition always brings me back to a smartphone
    just seems so empty afterwards haha
    keep your storm!
    04-07-09 10:17 PM
    3 of my highschool friends have the Dare (one with cricket!!!! lmao) and i honestly do NOT like it....
    04-07-09 10:23 PM
    I did this because there a lot of knowledgeable people here that have experience with BBs and other types of phones. I was smart enough to do a search before I posted at least.... What does it matter to you? I'm getting quite a bit of great comments and thoughts on the phone. So bug off....
    04-07-09 10:37 PM
    i sold that p.o.s for 250 $$$ hate it i freaking hate it so much freaking lg and ther brew
    04-07-09 10:44 PM
    had a dare, nice phone, not a berry. i use it for my alarm clock. love my storm. .122 the best os out yet.
    04-07-09 10:45 PM
    A member of my team here in tech has a dare, and she likes it, but she doesn't have the same needs that I do, needs which pulled me towards a Berry to begin with. It all really depends on what it is your looking for, I guess.
    04-07-09 10:45 PM
    The touch screen responds by pressure, unlike the iphone and storm's touch screen which is activated by the electric current from our fingers.
    I much prefer the latter.
    More advanced.
    04-07-09 11:54 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD