How do I get and where do I go to get blackberry maps back?

I've searched high and low and every time I think I've figured it out ---I'm wrong.

I deleted it a few wks ago because I use google maps, but then realized the other day that I need BB maps for weatherbug app to work.

HELP
    Last edited by missyzane; 02-16-09 at 02:36 PM. Reason: more info
    02-16-09 02:32 PM
    I had to reinstall .75 to get it back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 02:34 PM
    Install BB Maps through DM. Under Apploader.
    02-16-09 02:34 PM
    If you delete BB Maps it will not show up in dm. Atleast it did not for me.

02-16-09 02:38 PM
    Thanks for the quick responses. I was trying to avoid DM because we don't seem to get along.

Was hoping for an OTA way of getting BBMaps, but maybe that's not possible so maybe DM is my only hope.
    02-16-09 02:38 PM
    If you delete BB Maps it will not show up in dm. Atleast it did not for me.

I knew I should have just left things alone. LOL I also deleted BB messenger.
    BAH!
    02-16-09 02:40 PM
    Just plug it back into DM, and go to add/remove programs and it should have the check boxes where you can add it on there. Should be straightforward from there
    02-16-09 02:46 PM
    If its not there try to resend your service books. Can't remember where to go to do this but do a quick search on the forum for 'resend service books'.
    02-16-09 02:48 PM
    Well it's not on the Desktop Manager...

I will look for a way to resend service books. wow, I didn't realize it would be so difficult to get this back.
    02-16-09 02:51 PM
    Go into DM then Application Loader.......
    02-16-09 02:53 PM
    Go into DM then Application Loader.......
    The only things that show up there are the apps that are currently on my phone.
    02-16-09 02:56 PM
    im not at my home PC but im pretty sure you go and click the app loader, then there is a left and a right side, i believe the left side has the individual programs and the right side is for OS installs.

Click the add/remove program (i believe its the left side) and it will try to check whats on your phone, after a few seconds there should be some checked and unchecked boxes, pick out whatever programs you want and load them on
    02-16-09 03:18 PM
    I am not sure how to get it back, but if you really want it back, try reinstalling .75 to your phone. If it is the OS that came with your phone then go here. BlackBerry® Software Updates I got that from the OS thread. It is verizon's web page. Just enter your phone number and do a download again. It may be a good idea to do a wipe with JL Cmdr first because I am not sure if DM will recognize the re-downloaded OS as anything different. But if you delete the current .75 from your computer and download and install the new .75, it might work. Hope this helps and isn't too confusing.
    02-16-09 03:23 PM
    I am not sure how to get it back, but if you really want it back, try reinstalling .75 to your phone. If it is the OS that came with your phone then go here. BlackBerry® Software Updates I got that from the OS thread. It is verizon's web page. Just enter your phone number and do a download again. It may be a good idea to do a wipe with JL Cmdr first because I am not sure if DM will recognize the re-downloaded OS as anything different. But if you delete the current .75 from your computer and download and install the new .75, it might work. Hope this helps and isn't too confusing.
    Dont throw her into the wind lol, she might end up brickin her phone
    02-16-09 03:30 PM
    I guess I give up. If anyone has any other advice on getting bbmaps back, please let me know.

It's just giving me a major headache
    02-16-09 03:44 PM
    I guess I give up. If anyone has any other advice on getting bbmaps back, please let me know.

Did you resend your service books.

Also, do a search for BB Maps missing, others have had this problem and its been corrected in past threads.
    02-16-09 03:46 PM
    Ok i will be home in like 25 minutes so if someone has not solved your problem by then i will show you step by step how to get it back. Its really not that difficult.

I would say to shoot me a message over BBM but you deleted that too apparently lol

Edit: if she COMPLETELY deleted it off her phone i dont think service books would allow for you to be able to get the program back correct? I think it has to be installed to begin with and if it doesnt show then you resend your service books, i remember having an issue like this with my browser being screwy
    Last edited by devildrifterX; 02-16-09 at 03:50 PM. Reason: added some more stuff
    02-16-09 03:47 PM
    Well it's not on the Desktop Manager...

I will look for a way to resend service books. wow, I didn't realize it would be so difficult to get this back.
    You re send service books by going into setup/email setup/service books - send service books!

02-16-09 03:51 PM
    Ok i will be home in like 25 minutes so if someone has not solved your problem by then i will show you step by step how to get it back. Its really not that difficult.

I would say to shoot me a message over BBM but you deleted that too apparently lol

Edit: if she COMPLETELY deleted it off her phone i dont think service books would allow for you to be able to get the program back correct? I think it has to be installed to begin with and if it doesnt show then you resend your service books, i remember having an issue like this with my browser being screwy

Thank you. And the part about BBM being deleted too--made me LOL
    02-16-09 03:52 PM

Did you resend your service books.

Also, do a search for BB Maps missing, others have had this problem and its been corrected in past threads.
    02-16-09 04:13 PM
    OK, this will work, guaranteed: block off two hours (ugh!). Call VZN with a land line and they will make you happy or they will escalate to RIM.

OR: just wait a little longer and the next version will come out and hopefully your problem will go away.

This sort of thing happened to me: I tried to nuke Rhapsody or what. VZN = superman = don't tug on his cape !

Doctor Neutron
    02-16-09 04:15 PM
    I deleted my BBmaps about a month ago and DM was the way to get it back for me. Try to look a little harder. And like others have said, use the search forums function to look for other threads like this one.

I bet you wont make this mistake again. Good luck getting it back
    02-16-09 04:19 PM
    okie dokie im home now, let me take a shower then i'll help ya
    02-16-09 04:47 PM
    Ok here we go

Plug your storm in and boot up Desktop Manager and its going to take you to the main screen...which is this one

Now we want to pick the application loader and its going to bring us here

It should be looking for all the software on your phone and whats available in the suite which it looks like this...

then afterwards you want this list which has a bunch of check boxes...confirm you have this lol

Scroll down and you will see the Blackberry Maps and Blackberry Messenger, as you can see they are checked on mine, if i uncheck them they will be deleted when i hit next, you need to check them and hit next...the rest is pretty straight forward i hope lol

After you make sure it is installed give it a minute to boot up on your phone, resend service books if necessary...if this doesnt work you will need to reinstall your OS
    02-16-09 05:05 PM

Ok here we go

Plug your storm in and boot up Desktop Manager and its going to take you to the main screen...which is this one

Now we want to pick the application loader and its going to bring us here

It should be looking for all the software on your phone and whats available in the suite which it looks like this...

then afterwards you want this list which has a bunch of check boxes...confirm you have this lol

Scroll down and you will see the Blackberry Maps and Blackberry Messenger, as you can see they are checked on mine, if i uncheck them they will be deleted when i hit next, you need to check them and hit next...the rest is pretty straight forward i hope lol

After you make sure it is installed give it a minute to boot up on your phone, resend service books if necessary...if this doesnt work you will need to reinstall your OS

Ok, when in get to the screen, application loader, and you say it will look for whats on my phone and whats in the suite....what comes up for me is ONLY what is on my phone...and it doesn't even list my OS ...it starts with email setup app and then lists all of the 3rd party apps i've installed.

when I'm at the application loader there are 2 options. Add remove apps, or update apps. I've tried both and I get the same thing as I stated above
    02-16-09 05:31 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD