11-21-08 02:36 PM
51 123
tools
    Well there are some problems. First it doesn't come preloaded with a ringtone that sings" the Iphone and Iphone fanboys can eat my a$$". It also does not seem to have a feature where it will make an audible laughing sound anytime it comes in proximity of an Iphone. And i was really hoping it would have an icon that allowed you to send an video mms straight to Steve Jobs cell phone telling him how much the storm rocks. Oh wait he wouldn't be able to recieve it anyway, nevermind. Don't let the door hit you in the battery cover on the way out Iphone. Oh crap the Iphone doesn't have a battery cover either. And some people are still wondering why the Iphone's 15 minutes are up.

In case you havent gathered i think this phone is the @#%^. I had to play with it for all of 1 minute to be able to type as fast as i can on my 8830 which ive had for a year and a half and pretty darn fast on. Also i have absolutely no lag. Accelerometer takes about .5 to 1 second. I have matched it against my ipod touch and it beats it everytime. If you have a problem with this phone you either got a defective one or you are about as technologically savy as a cave man.
    If the iphone's 15 minutes are up, it sure ain't going to the storm, "iphone killer" indeed.
    11-21-08 10:50 AM
    are you keeping it? yeay or nay?
    Abso-f-ing-lutely! :thumbsup: from me!
    11-21-08 10:53 AM
    I'm pretty happy with mine so far. Lots of quirks to get used to, some of my old apps don't work like Viigo or NotifyLink but other than that I love it.
    11-21-08 10:55 AM
    absolutely love it!
    11-21-08 10:56 AM
    This is a huge downgrade from the 8830. Its slow, unresponsive, and is worthless to type on. Sure, the screen looks great, and it has some nice new features. But overall, what a disappointment. If I don't see and install a firmware/software upgrade within my 30 days that improves massively on the lag and speed of this thing, I'm taking both of the Storms I bought back.
    11-21-08 11:07 AM
    I like it. Typing is way better than the iPhone (I hate typing on the iPhone!). And you get the rhythm down in 5 minutes or so.

Overall a winner and exactly what I need (will let me go from phone, data only BB, plus PMP down to just one sweet device!).
    11-21-08 11:45 AM
    I played with one at a different store this morning and a guy here at work that I talked into getting one has his and I've been Bogarting it all day.

I like the phone, quirks and all. I'm patiently waiting for tomorrow. What's helping me is reading the good and bad on here. I know it won't be perfect, but that's not dissuading me. Heck, I drive a Jeep. Gas mileage is horrible and resale value isn't so good, but I'm at 98,000+ miles. It's been good to me over the long haul. I'm hoping the Storm will be similar.
    11-21-08 11:50 AM
    Had it since 8:30 this morning..no real complaints. Of course there will be bugs, but that's with any phone. I'm keeping it
    11-21-08 12:56 PM
    Well I have owned my Storm now for 3 hours and counting and I have to say I like it. There are some minor issues I am going to have to get use to but overall I think as long as the the next OS fixes some of the problems The phone will be a winner. And I for one will be keeping it.
    11-21-08 01:09 PM
    I love this phone. First touchscreen and first BB for me so that might have something to do with it. I'm guessing at this point that the things I'm having trouble with are because I've never had a BB before and need to learn the OS. Otherwise it's actually pretty quick. Did one battery pull earlier and that seemed to speed it up once it rebooted.

Can someone tell me the best way to get new background pictures? I know how to change it but is there a site I can go to from the phone to download them or should I send them to myself as email attachments? Any suggestions?
    11-21-08 01:17 PM
    Well there are some problems. First it doesn't come preloaded with a ringtone that sings" the Iphone and Iphone fanboys can eat my a$$". It also does not seem to have a feature where it will make an audible laughing sound anytime it comes in proximity of an Iphone. And i was really hoping it would have an icon that allowed you to send an video mms straight to Steve Jobs cell phone telling him how much the storm rocks. Oh wait he wouldn't be able to recieve it anyway, nevermind. Don't let the door hit you in the battery cover on the way out Iphone. Oh crap the Iphone doesn't have a battery cover either. And some people are still wondering why the Iphone's 15 minutes are up.

In case you havent gathered i think this phone is the @#%^. I had to play with it for all of 1 minute to be able to type as fast as i can on my 8830 which ive had for a year and a half and pretty darn fast on. Also i have absolutely no lag. Accelerometer takes about .5 to 1 second. I have matched it against my ipod touch and it beats it everytime. If you have a problem with this phone you either got a defective one or you are about as technologically savy as a cave man.
    Put the crackpipe down urban. Take it easy and breathe deep. Its just a phone ok? No use getting all mad and worked up into a frenzy over a silly phone. If you like your Storm that's good you enjoy it.

Why you take your anger out on the iPhone is beyond me. You sound like a scorned lover.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-08 01:19 PM
    I've been messin' around on mine for about 5 hours and can't get enough!
    11-21-08 01:21 PM
    Love it. Kind of annoyed off and on but it's mainly because I have no idea wtf is going on. The overall feel is still bb though so I'm getting there pretty quickly.
    HaHa I seriously laughed out loud at this post...

mainly because I am going to be a new BB user and I will also be like WTF is this lol
    11-21-08 01:24 PM
    I am very happy with everyones posts. I saw ONE negative post. everyone else has been happy. What were those reviewers talking about??

I love it!
    11-21-08 01:26 PM
    I'm digging mine. Sure it takes some getting used to but I can't give an honest opinion until I've had it for at least a week.
    11-21-08 01:32 PM
    i like it! typing is surprisingly easy.
    11-21-08 01:36 PM
    I went and played on one today, and I'm pretty sure I don't have the abilities to use touchscreen anything lol, I dont know it's ready to slay iPhones just yet, but in due time, I'm sure the Storm will reign supreme, I'm just gonna get a Curve
    11-21-08 01:40 PM
    So far so good with mine!
    11-21-08 02:02 PM

"the Iphone's 15 minutes are up."

Dude, the Iphone just overtook Rim as the number one cell phone. And thats Iphone as in one phone. Not RIM, which is like 10 models on 4 networks.
    Seriously, did you get beat up by an iphone?

Enjoy your storm, stop being a hater.
    11-21-08 02:04 PM
    Had mine since 08:05. I'm not a power typer, but I can definitely type faster on this then my Voyager. The keyboard is very nice IMO. The Storm has a few bugs, but nothing major. It is just what I thought it would be. Now I just have to learn about BB's! To put it into words, I am glad I got it and it was worth the money to me.
    11-21-08 02:19 PM
    I like it, but I don't LOVE it, at least not yet. I'm slowly getting used to the typing quirks, AND finding I actually in most cases prefer the suretype. Imagine THAT! I've seen some issues with the browser, but part of it, is me just not being familiar enough with it. I'm sure the firmware update will help ALOT. I'm hoping to get to the LOVE IT stage before my 30 days.

EDIT: I'm a little miffed that there was NO case at all. Ok most likely I would buy after market no matter what, but that plastic belt clip one that used to come with BBs would have been nice (least till I can get a real case ordered from ebay)
    Last edited by pkcable; 11-21-08 at 02:25 PM.
    11-21-08 02:19 PM
    the iphone is also a phone and an ipod. might have something to do with it's sales #'s.
    11-21-08 02:23 PM
    I bought it because I wanted a better browsing experience and a nice screen to watch videos on. For what I planned to use it for it seems to work well and will hopefully only gett better with time. I don't text alot so the typing thing isn't a big deal to me. I'm sure I would have been just as happy if it didn't have surepress which seems somewhat gimmickie. Hopefully the screen will stay robust and dust won't cause problems under the screen.
    11-21-08 02:26 PM
    I love it so far even with the bugs. The only real bugs I've run into is the accelerometer being unresponsive. The typing is great and I've had zero problems with it so far. This is my first BB so I'm still getting used to the interface. Wish I could have the stock "Storm" theme rather than that ugly red VZW across the front of my home screen. I saw another post about this here too but no response. Can I get the stock image instead of the VZW from the phone?

Overall - Loving it and when the updates come out it will only get better.
    11-21-08 02:31 PM
    I have been using it for two hours now and I love it. Once the update comes out, hopefully the little problems will go away

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Will the patch automatically download? What is included?
    11-21-08 02:34 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD