are you keeping it? yeay or nay?
    11-21-08 08:50 AM
    Even with the bugs I DIG IT!
    11-21-08 08:54 AM
    so far so good...
    11-21-08 08:57 AM
    Absolutely, even though I don't actually have it yet. I spent some quality time with one last night and another one this morning and I love it. With an update it can only get better.
    11-21-08 08:57 AM
    in the hour and a half i've had it, even with the little quirks so far i LOVE it! and it can only get better with the OS upgrade shortly
    11-21-08 08:58 AM
    I think all these posts are hilarious...people were so hyped up and now all I am reading is crushing disappointment. It's called "early adapter" people. That's the price you pay for being the big dog with the cool new toy. Enjoy!!
    I have had mine a little over an hour now and well i hate it....but i have not had much time so maybe il llove it....i sure hope so
    no crushing disappointment in this thread so far?????
    11-21-08 08:59 AM
    it seems like most people that hate the storm are previous BB users... Ive had a dumbphone my whole life so im pretty sure i will be completely satisfied with it since i have no smartphone experience to compare it to.
    11-21-08 09:00 AM
    I'm pretty happy with mine. After playing around with the keyboard settings I'm already typing almost as fast as my curve with very few mistakes. It looks like you are either going to love the keyboard or absolutely hate it.

At first the browser is a little confusing, but you get the hang of it quickly. The surepress makes clicking links easy compared to any other touch screen phone.

All in all, it looks like a keeper, especially if the lag issues are fixed with a software update. With my corporate discount the price came to $230 with a car charger and an instant rebate.
    11-21-08 09:01 AM
    Absolutely, even though I don't actually have it yet. I spent some quality time with one last night and another one this morning and I love it. With an update it can only get better.
    Quality time, hey? I hope glass of red wine and a little foreplay was involved!
    11-21-08 09:03 AM
    I'm in love. I'm learning something new every two seconds.
    11-21-08 09:04 AM
    I locked up one of the store demos... lol. It doesn't like multi-key presses or hovering while pressing something else on the keyboard on the Home Screen. The device still worked after this happened, but it screen chunked the QWERTY/Phone dial pad/home screen icons and you can't pull up anything with the touchscreen, the bottom keys still worked though.

I really need to work for RIM as a tester... seems I'm the only one that tries to do weird things to see what happens. I color outside the lines of reality.
    11-21-08 09:05 AM
    Like it and will keep it.
    11-21-08 09:06 AM
    I think all these posts are hilarious...people were so hyped up and now all I am reading is crushing disappointment. It's called "early adapter" people. That's the price you pay for being the big dog with the cool new toy. Enjoy!!

I for one will admit that I am one of those that you speak of but WTF man, ATT has Iphone, why can't we have one too? Yes, I was crushingly disapoointed as well...I expected everyone to say how great it was and how much it blows away the Iphone, etc....
    11-21-08 09:06 AM
    I have been using it for two hours now and I love it. Once the update comes out, hopefully the little problems will go away

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-08 09:09 AM
    the bugs will be fixed, give it a few days or a week and the new patch will be coming. This phone is the best......
    11-21-08 09:10 AM
    One hour now and loving it.
    11-21-08 09:11 AM
    Even with the bugs I DIG IT!
    Ditto. Besides, we have 30 days. Everyone's just getting them. I think it's way too soon to make an a complete assessment.
    11-21-08 09:12 AM
    Love it. Kind of annoyed off and on but it's mainly because I have no idea wtf is going on. The overall feel is still bb though so I'm getting there pretty quickly.
    11-21-08 09:19 AM
    I'm digging the phone A LOT. It has its quirks but so did my pearl. All in all the phone is solid for me and im not experiencing any real issues. didn't have a browser problem or anything.... we shall see in the upcoming days/weeks because an hour or two with this phone just isn't enough to give an honest opinion. So far it's an absolute YES i love it, lets see what I can find to make me hate it! hah, doubt i will find anything im an easy please, i don't expect my phone to be perfect without any issues, *shrugs*
    11-21-08 09:22 AM
    Well there are some problems. First it doesn't come preloaded with a ringtone that sings" the Iphone and Iphone fanboys can eat my a$$". It also does not seem to have a feature where it will make an audible laughing sound anytime it comes in proximity of an Iphone. And i was really hoping it would have an icon that allowed you to send an video mms straight to Steve Jobs cell phone telling him how much the storm rocks. Oh wait he wouldn't be able to recieve it anyway, nevermind. Don't let the door hit you in the battery cover on the way out Iphone. Oh crap the Iphone doesn't have a battery cover either. And some people are still wondering why the Iphone's 15 minutes are up.

In case you havent gathered i think this phone is the @#%^. I had to play with it for all of 1 minute to be able to type as fast as i can on my 8830 which ive had for a year and a half and pretty darn fast on. Also i have absolutely no lag. Accelerometer takes about .5 to 1 second. I have matched it against my ipod touch and it beats it everytime. If you have a problem with this phone you either got a defective one or you are about as technologically savy as a cave man.
    11-21-08 09:24 AM
    Hahahhahahahaahahhaha @ urbanmyth
    11-21-08 09:27 AM
    I for one will admit that I am one of those that you speak of but WTF man, ATT has Iphone, why can't we have one too? Yes, I was crushingly disapoointed as well...I expected everyone to say how great it was and how much it blows away the Iphone, etc....
    I am in manufacturing for the retail sector so I guess I am a little closer to how products are developed and sent to market than most of you. I was an AT&T customer until today. Yes, I switched to get the Storm and yes I expect it to have many flaws. I did not jump on the iphone bandwagon when it rolled out and kept my 8830. I have played with my friends iphone's and like me, they are business users and ALL of them returned the iphone after only a couple of weeks of having them.

Seriously, and I mean no disrespect...if you want and iphone go get one...it may be the perfect phone for you, I know others that have them and LOVE them. Otherwise, be patient and let Rim catch up...trust me they will and the Storm will be a better product for it.
    11-21-08 09:35 AM
    So far im loving it
    11-21-08 10:46 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD