I havent checked the updates lately since .89, but I see they have a .103 out now. I've read the posts and still cant form an accurate conclusion on which OS is the most stable.

My .75 still has random resets.. And I hate it

Help out please
    02-15-09 12:12 PM
    Ive tried most of them and am currently on .103. Id say .103 is the best and most stable, and Im sure you'll like it better than .75. However its not perfect, I still have occasional hangs, or the phone will just wait for 30 sec's until continuing on. But this is rare, maybe every other day Ill have a small glitch. The random reboots seem to be gone, the camera and voice recorder are better, but still need to be quicker. Many bugs have been fixed in .103.

This version is close to what we should expect in a final version. But they still need to make it a little more stable.
    02-15-09 12:20 PM
    Since Ive had .103 the only time I have to do battery pulls is when BBM locks up my phone. Seems to happen only when I use BBM in landscape. Other than that .103 has been good for me.
    02-15-09 12:27 PM
    I ran .85 for weeks without any issue (no reboots etc).
    02-15-09 12:30 PM
    I havent checked the updates lately since .89, but I see they have a .103 out now. I've read the posts and still cant form an accurate conclusion on which OS is the most stable.

My .75 still has random resets.. And I hate it

Help out please
    How can you call .75 stable in your title, yet complain about random resets.

Honestly I've had .99 for the last two weeks and never had it crash. I've reset it twice for memory issues with epocrates, but its been wonderful otherwise

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-09 12:38 PM
    I have used ALL of the OS's, including Sith's hybrids. In my opinion, either Sith's 3rd version, or .103 is the most stable for me.
    Although, I went back to .90 a few days ago because I missed the speediness. I get about one freeze a day on .90, but it is BY FAR the fastest of the OS's for my phone.
    02-15-09 12:45 PM
    I would say 103 is the most stable.
    02-15-09 01:17 PM
    These threads always crack me up because of constant contradictions in almost every post.
    Have been running .75 since the day I got my phone. Only pulled the battery twice in over a month of usage.
    I don't know of what promised improvements lie in weekly OS upgrades, but the risk of time wasted in going back after every crappy leak
    Is enough to deter me from trying them . I am very happy with my original install.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-09 01:20 PM
    I don't begrudge anyone the "thrill" of testing an unofficial release, but I've found .75 to be mostly stable. I only have issues with the video camera. My Storm will sometimes freeze when using that app, but it only happens intermittently and I don't use the video camera enough for it to be an issue. I'm patiently waiting for the next official release.
    02-15-09 01:37 PM
    Yeah, I wouldn't call .75 most stable. I'm gettin a couple random, for no reason reboots per day sometimes. I'd like to try .103 but I'm hoping we're close to an official release!?
    02-15-09 01:49 PM
    I wouldn't say any storm firmware is "stable" yet, but .75 seems to be the best so far. I just downgraded back from .103 because of the lack of stability.
    02-15-09 01:54 PM
    I'm waiting too, but if the UK release is .100 like the greeks I'll give it a miss having read the threads here. I find Vodafone's .78 stable, if a tad slow.
    02-15-09 01:56 PM
    .90 was great.. I am running .103 now which is nice too; only thing i miss from .90 is the larger keys on the keyboard..
    02-15-09 01:56 PM
    As you, .75 had resets for me too, .99 seemed to be my most stable OS, but .103 is right there too.
    02-15-09 01:58 PM
    Every one of the OS's is unacceptable. And we have no reason to believe the next official OS will be any better. RIM is floundering with all these leaked OS's. They are shaking in their boots at the prospect of being crushed into the dust by the Palm Pre. That's why Verizon is having their "Two for One" desperation sale. They're trying to lock as many people into two year contracts as they possibly can before the Pre is released.
    02-15-09 02:05 PM
    I'm still using .75 although I have downloaded .103. I really use my phone for business so I am hesitant to mess with it by installing all of these leaked OS's.

Do you guys still have a problem when you select an icon or letter, you even hear the audible screen click, and it doesn't register all of the time? I have had the storm since day one and I can type pretty fast on it but this messes me up. I can also click an icon, like the "sms/mms" button, hear the click and nothing will happen.
    02-15-09 02:10 PM
    I am on .75 and I have to do at least 1 to 2 battery pulls a day. And whenever I go to sleep I wake up in the morning I check my phone and its frozen sometimes so I have to start the morning with a battery pull.
    02-15-09 02:14 PM
    I have been running .86 since it leaked without a lock-up or reboot. I do a battery oull every 3-4 days and never have my app. memory go below 32mb.

-phone works flawlessly
    -browser is much faster than .75
    -BES and BIS email is flawless
    -Camera is very usable but not perfect
    -video is usable and playback works well
    -as long as I make sure to close 3rd party apps. the mattery lasts for a day of heavy email use along with 10-15 2-3min. calls along with some music and other 3rd party apps.

I run Poynt, quickpull, Slacker, Google Maps

I have not found a need to install newer leaked OSes.
    02-15-09 02:21 PM
    I have been running .86 since it leaked without a lock-up or reboot. I do a battery oull every 3-4 days and never have my app. memory go below 32mb.

-phone works flawlessly
    -browser is much faster than .75
    -BES and BIS email is flawless
    -Camera is very usable but not perfect
    -video is usable and playback works well
    -as long as I make sure to close 3rd party apps. the mattery lasts for a day of heavy email use along with 10-15 2-3min. calls along with some music and other 3rd party apps.

I run Poynt, quickpull, Slacker, Google Maps

I have not found a need to install newer leaked OSes.
    Ok, this sounds good but do you have a problem with a button not registering some of the time when you click it?
    02-15-09 02:26 PM
    .99 and .103 were more stable than .75 to me. plus they both provide a better overall experience than .75.

so far i can't tell a difference between .99 and .103 so i'd recommend either over .75.
    02-15-09 02:34 PM
    original os 11/21 version was buggy...... .75 was better, but laggy and froze on occasion...tried the .99 holy cow buggy... .103 has been stable for 5 days so far...knock on wood.
    02-15-09 02:36 PM
    .76 is the most bearable experience with this phone for me. I just went back to it. I tried pretty much all of the betas and .99 and .103 are just horrible with memory management. I understand free ram is wasted ram and am not calling it a "memory leak" like everyone seems to call having low memory on this forum, but somehow it seems to hourglass for a minute at a time when the memory gets really low. .76 never did this to me, albeit having a slightly slower UI.
    02-15-09 02:38 PM
    I have tried every OS and i have came to a conclusion that .90 is the best i tried out 103 and 99 and neither of them fixed enough glitches in .90 to make it worth the new problems - .103 may have been the biggest upset though i was so excited for it - i thought maybe it would improve the phone but the lag in changing from landscape to portrait was just tremendous- the battery life was also horendous - i am so upset with RIM for not getting a fully functional OS out after all this time - the new phone is pathetic so far!!!!!!!!!!!
    02-15-09 02:45 PM
    I have asked the same question on several different posts and can't get that question answered to save my damn life. LOL.
    02-15-09 02:51 PM
    I think part of the problem (And an odd occurrence at that) is that everyone has different experiences with the OSes. I didn't much like the official release. It was dog slow for me and had issues with the camera. I upgraded to .99 and the speed improvement, along with the increase in battery life, was well worth it. I got .103 the day it was leaked and have found it to run even faster than .99 with less stability issues. One person above mentioned the lag when switching orientation with .103 was unbearable. For me, .103 switches orientation faster than any OS before it, and I love it.

The posts are contradictory and the answer hard to obtain because despite everyone having the same hardware, the updates do different things for different people.
    02-15-09 03:11 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD