I'm a first time time BB owner and I am having problems with easilysending messages to multiple recipients in one take. With my old phones, there was an option to select all from my contact list. I don't want to have to go through the trouble of adding each and every member, one by one, to a group and send it that way.

your help would greatly be appreciated

"Long live the Storm!"
    01-13-09 04:06 PM
    I'm a first time time BB owner and I am having problems with easilysending messages to multiple recipients in one take. With my old phones, there was an option to select all from my contact list. I don't want to have to go through the trouble of adding each and every member, one by one, to a group and send it that way.

your help would greatly be appreciated

"Long live the Storm!"
    same here fella,any one give us an idiots guide to doing, and sending group sms
    cheers
    01-15-09 11:41 AM
    Sigh. I wish people would work on their thread titles. This makes it look like you have such a solution for this problem. But yeah the best way to add contacts fast is to ultimately get into the groove of it and get faster.
    01-15-09 11:43 AM
    This is not a direct answer but you can create a group and then add contacts to the group. This would work if you where texting the same people alot.
    01-15-09 11:52 AM
    This is not a direct answer but you can create a group and then add contacts to the group. This would work if you where texting the same people alot.
    That is exactly what I have done and it works great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-09 11:57 AM
    FOR SMS:

1. Get qsms (in the crackberry store)
    2. Disable compatability mode in options>advanced options>applications>highlight qsms and hit the bb button select Disable Compatibility Mode
    3. Either make qsms a convenience key or put it on your home screen.

Now when you enter a name and hit enter, it returns to a new "to" field and ready for a new contact.

Last edited by wouldya; 01-15-09 at 12:35 PM.
    01-15-09 12:27 PM
    FOR SMS:

2. Disable compatability mode in options>advanced options>applications>highlight qsms and hit the bb button select Disable Compatibility Mode

Now when you enter a name and hit enter, it returns to a new "to" field and ready for a new contact.

Ah, maybe I missed something here but my Storm already does that without qsms!!
    01-15-09 02:10 PM
    Dang I thought u had a solution
    01-15-09 02:31 PM
    Ah, maybe I missed something here but my Storm already does that without qsms!!
    Exactly.. my storm does what qsms does, without paying for the feature!

As to the OP... create a group, add everyone to that group, send the SMS to the group. Done (to send to all).

Repeat for the various combinations of "folks" you want to send things to. It's really no different than normal e-mail programs... create groups to make a mailing list.
    01-15-09 02:57 PM
    FOR SMS:

Mine will do this in email & SMS, but not MMS.
    For MMS I just hit the BB menu and select "Add To:"
    01-15-09 03:00 PM
    i just type the first letter of the persons name under the original person and do it that way, or select from contacts....or am i missing something? doesn't seem very hard?
    01-15-09 03:01 PM
    Thanks for all your help, but I already know about creating a group and adding members to it one by one (o so strenuous). I was hoping someone knew an easier way of adding multiple recipients. I've come to accept that BB does not offer the same easiness as of other phones/OS.

So now my question is this... are there any SMS/texting applications that may offer the option of checking all/select few off my contact list to message? I am mass distribution texter but I don't always text the same people, hence my need to create/edit group recipients is redundant.

Thanks again.
    Neosilitone

"Long live the Storm!"
    01-19-09 11:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD