Just download crunchSMS. It is a pretty cool "Iphone style" threaded sms app and there is no limitation to just 1 text. I just sent a LONG test text to my brother and he got 5 messages in a row without me having to stop and start a new text!

Definitely worth a look for those of you, like me, who can't stand the sms limit.
    04-29-10 09:20 PM
    OOOORRRRR you can just sent an MMS to anyone and it'll be longer than 160 characters without having to download crunchSMS
    04-29-10 09:29 PM
    OOOORRRRR you can just sent an MMS to anyone and it'll be longer than 160 characters without having to download crunchSMS
    That is really cold.
    04-29-10 09:32 PM
    where is the app? worth a look i guess! and i never thought about the mms way! someone has there thinking cap on
    04-29-10 09:35 PM
    where is the app? worth a look i guess! and i never thought about the mms way! someone has there thinking cap on
    It's available in App World...

and to brown_storm, I wasn't trying to be cold, just pointing out something he may not have thought about.
    04-29-10 09:43 PM
    thank you sir
    04-29-10 09:44 PM
    good app and good idea about using the MMS
    04-29-10 09:51 PM
    WOOOOOOWWWWW REEALLLLLLLYYYYYY????

I've known about the MMS "trick" for a LOOOOONG time.
    04-29-10 10:16 PM
    The only thing about the MMS "trick" to sending longer then 160 character messages is that it doesn't keep the messages threaded(I think thats the word I'm looking for). That is the only thing some people don't like, that is the reason I don't like using MMS for sending texts a lot because I don't like how it doesn't keep the messages threaded, I do use MMS though so I can't complain.
    04-29-10 10:24 PM
    WOOOOOOWWWWW REEALLLLLLLYYYYYY????

I've known about the MMS "trick" for a LOOOOONG time.
    Calm down man, I was just offering a suggestion.
    04-29-10 10:26 PM
    Calm down man, I was just offering a suggestion.
    My bad. I took your OOOORRRRR to be an insult/put down/sarcastic remark.
    04-29-10 10:43 PM
    No...just a long interjection. Kind of when you have a light bulb go off in your head and you make sound while trying to think things out before saying something else.

All is good though.
    04-29-10 10:44 PM
    Could someone explain how crunch works? I just Downloaded it but it doesn't know any of my contacts..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-10 10:47 PM
    Hmm... really? So when you select compose new message and start typing a name in the box nothing happens?
    04-29-10 10:50 PM
    Correct. When I get a new text it just says the number no name.

04-29-10 11:13 PM
    Did you block incoming texts through firewall?
    04-29-10 11:23 PM
    Well I don't think that is the problem. Actually when I type letters in the To: portion only one contact shows up.

04-29-10 11:30 PM
    Turn off Content Protection for your address book. From the home screen go to Options > Security Options > General Settings. Then, either disable Content Protection, or set "Include Address Book" to "No", and restart your phone.
    04-29-10 11:34 PM
    CrunchSMS doesn't work with my today theme. The regular sms app displays recent texts on the home screen but not crunch. Is that standard or am I missing something?

04-29-10 11:40 PM
    Turn off Content Protection for your address book. From the home screen go to Options > Security Options > General Settings. Then, either disable Content Protection, or set "Include Address Book" to "No", and restart your phone.
    I actually just saw that but there is no general settings option under security options..

04-29-10 11:56 PM
    I actually just saw that but there is no general settings option under security options..

In my experience, the only way to make contacts show up is to add them to your contacts list again and delete the old one. I've been doing that slowly yet surely since I've had crunchsms. Start with the ones u text the most and then go from A.

04-30-10 08:37 AM
    In my experience, the only way to make contacts show up is to add them to your contacts list again and delete the old one. I've been doing that slowly yet surely since I've had crunchsms. Start with the ones u text the most and then go from A.

What the heck? I have crunchSMS and it recognizes my contacts just fine. I didn't have to do anything!
    04-30-10 09:45 AM
    wow i just downloaded this and it is great. He just updated it on the 28th so if your having problems download the new one..

read through the FAQ and it will tell u how to set it up right. Its soo great.
    04-30-10 10:08 AM
    I agree. I just downloaded it yesterday myself and blocked SMS thru firewall and it works great. SMSs from my contacts come up with the names, not just #s. Great app so far!
    04-30-10 10:30 AM
    As long as you are texting to just 1 recipient I believe. Maybe I am mistaken but you can't send out group texts via mms. Correct me if it is possible.

04-30-10 10:39 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD