i just upgraded to .103 i like it cause my music doesnt get cut off in the beginning of each song but what i dont like is my sms ringtone keeps playing BBPro_sanguine and i hate that ringtone i want it to be notifier_Greeter but only 1 out of ever 5 or 6 it be the right one. can anyone please help i dont want to go back to .99
    02-13-09 08:01 PM
    Have you tried creating your own custom sound profile? I have friends who have that same issue on .99 and it fixed the problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 08:34 PM
    Have you tried creating your own custom sound profile? I have friends who have that same issue on .99 and it fixed the problem.

My custom ringtone for SMS doesnt stick as well
    02-13-09 08:36 PM
    no i havent tried that but i will right now....thx
    02-13-09 08:52 PM
    that tottally worked thx aleshalee
    02-13-09 09:00 PM
    Glad it worked out. You're welcome

02-13-09 09:04 PM
    My custom ringtone for SMS doesnt stick as well
    Just want to clarify...you are not using one of the stock profiles (normal, vibrate, etc)...you created your own profile and then set up your ringtones for each notification?

02-13-09 09:09 PM
    one thing to keep in mind too that i noticed is that if you set custom ringtones for say a phone call for a contact in your list, you MUST set a sound for messages as well, otherwise it will play a default sound. I had the same issue with my phone for a little while, til I figured out what it was. I already had a custom profile set up though.
    02-13-09 09:19 PM
    one thing to keep in mind too that i noticed is that if you set custom ringtones for say a phone call for a contact in your list, you MUST set a sound for messages as well, otherwise it will play a default sound. I had the same issue with my phone for a little while, til I figured out what it was. I already had a custom profile set up though.
    Good to know. Haven't run into that yet since I don't have many custom ringtones for specific contacts. And now that I'm thinking about it, the ones I do have set up don't text much.

02-13-09 09:33 PM
    Good to know. Haven't run into that yet since I don't have many custom ringtones for specific contacts. And now that I'm thinking about it, the ones I do have set up don't text much.

Yea it drove me nuts for like 3 days til I could figure out what it was. I was wondering where my MGS codec sound was til I realized it was all of the contacts that I ringtones up for (who are also my most frequent texters) were the ones that weren't getting it.
    02-13-09 09:37 PM
    Yea it drove me nuts for like 3 days til I could figure out what it was. I was wondering where my MGS codec sound was til I realized it was all of the contacts that I ringtones up for (who are also my most frequent texters) were the ones that weren't getting it.
    Just ran a test and sure enough, it happened. Switched to a custom message alert for that person and it works right again. Thanks for saving me the same frustration!

02-13-09 09:44 PM
    Just ran a test and sure enough, it happened. Switched to a custom message alert for that person and it works right again. Thanks for saving me the same frustration!

lol no problem, that's what the community is for!
    02-13-09 10:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD