Can anyone here tell me exactly how to get the SMS preview working on the new .607 leak? Currently I have SMS messages going to my Messages folder. I also have the default/stock VZW Precision theme running with the Today layout.

What am I missing here to get this working? I really miss having this feature!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-10 12:48 AM
    What exactly do you mean with the SMS preview?
    04-01-10 12:51 AM
    I read that if you had a Today theme on the new OS that you CPd preview incoming SMS messages. Basically, if you received messages, you'd get a preview of those messages on the home screen and you could then open the messages folder to see the entire message. All BB devices did this to my knowledge before the release of the 5.0 OS.

04-01-10 12:58 AM
    I only get previews of received e-mails, not sms.
    04-01-10 01:03 AM
    Well you do get SMS preview on the new leak

04-01-10 01:14 AM
    Yeah...that's what I've heard. But clearly I've messed up somewhere because I'm not seeing it at all.

04-01-10 01:57 AM
    haven't updated my sig, I'm on .607 and only getting e-mail previews (email inbox and sms/mms inbox are combined).. i must be doing it wrong as well.
    04-01-10 02:04 AM
    You have to have a hidden today enabled theme. Also you have to be highlighting an SMS icon/shortcut on the homescreen of that theme in order to view the preview.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-01-10 02:15 AM
    haven't updated my sig, I'm on .607 and only getting e-mail previews (email inbox and sms/mms inbox are combined).. i must be doing it wrong as well.
    You are not seeing this because your sms and email are combined. If you had them separated you would see the sms preview when you focused the sms/mms icon with a hidden today theme
    04-01-10 06:45 AM
    I use this. I'm using berry stoned theme and added the moms/sms icon so if you touch but don't press it you get the preview.
    I also have the email one right there so it will do the same. Nifty little feature.

04-01-10 07:49 AM
    I use this. I'm using berry stoned theme and added the moms/sms icon so if you touch but don't press it you get the preview.
    I also have the email one right there so it will do the same. Nifty little feature.

that because its built into most themes. RIMs today theme was not built like this before. but other themes have been using this since the begnning
    04-01-10 11:55 AM
    Hey, did you guys figure out a way to get the mms/sms preview back? It's so frustrating it disappeared with the os 5!
    04-17-10 11:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD