Im not sure if this is OK with Crackberry? But......

I say send all your SMS / MMS complaints to [email protected]

I sent them my complaint about all the issues with the new update on the Storm, I suggest you all do the same.

Again, Really have no other complaints about the 5.0 build, but the SMS and MMS is driving me nuts.
    11-05-09 06:09 PM
    Good idea but most likely it won't work. I believe its a RIM/Verizon issue. There the ones that made it official knowing all the weird sms/mms issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-09 06:13 PM
    Good idea but most likely it won't work. I believe its a RIM/Verizon issue. There the ones that made it official knowing all the weird sms/mms issues.

while that's true, jordan, it can't hurt to let RIM know we would like the option of threaded vs. regular SMS
    Last edited by leo1055; 11-05-09 at 07:44 PM.
    11-05-09 07:35 PM
    lol, you all bitched about getting iphone like threaded sms, now you have it and dont like it. Tough ****! I agree it could be better, but i think its worlds better than having 500+ sms messages to sort through in the main folder
    11-05-09 07:41 PM
    htehethdgtb hetheth46h
    thanks

that was enlightening
    11-05-09 08:02 PM
    lol, you all bitched about getting iphone like threaded sms, now you have it and dont like it. Tough ****! I agree it could be better, but i think its worlds better than having 500+ sms messages to sort through in the main folder
    Hahahaha! Couldn't have said it better myself. The key here is not having the crowded SMS folder any more, I love it.
    11-05-09 08:53 PM
    I do like the threaded messaging that the 5.0 has, however - although under my options, I have my settings set to save the text messages forever, it auto-deletes anyway after 48 hours or so, and it's annoying. This happens even if there were only a few messages sent to my friend. What the ****? I've tried turning off/on, doing a hard reset after changing my settings, and yet my blackberry still deleted my messages. Ugh. HELP!
    11-05-09 09:18 PM
    Dont mind the threaded sms, its just about the poorest design possible and its full of bugs is all. SMS and MMS need to be fixed period, It is really my only complaint with 5.0 and its a big one.

I get picture messages every other day and they are recognized as a slide show, its ridiculous, first comes the attached text and then the picture, simply put the R&D at RIM seems to be lacking.
    11-05-09 10:25 PM
    I sent an SMS yesterday, and it ended up being recognized and sent as a BBM message! Anyone else have that issue? Finally I had to send the message to my friend as an MMS in order for it to go through.
    11-06-09 12:27 AM
    Wow seems to me it is either your device
    or a sms an mms troll might be in your phone
    Causing this... I don't have any problems
    With my OS works fine and my bb storm is
    Running good only thing I don't like is those
    dang white bars in my themes...

Last edited by wildman79; 11-06-09 at 12:43 AM.
    11-06-09 12:41 AM
    I sent an SMS yesterday, and it ended up being recognized and sent as a BBM message! Anyone else have that issue? Finally I had to send the message to my friend as an MMS in order for it to go through.
    you need to unlink the BBM contact with your normal contacts if you want to not have the SMS in BBM
    11-06-09 01:03 AM
    you need to unlink the BBM contact with your normal contacts if you want to not have the SMS in BBM
    How does one go about the unlink process? I can't seem to find that.

thanks in advance,

Jim
    11-06-09 08:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD