Hello forum, glad I joined!

Just got a Storm a week ago, this is my first Blackberry and so far I really like it.

I have a question though. On my previous motorola cell phone if I missed a call or had an unread text message the phone would beep at intervals repeatedly until I checked the phone to see what I had missed.

I can't figure out how to make the storm do this.

For example, I left the phone on my desk and went outside to get the mail, while I was out my wife called me and then left me an SMS message. When I came back I did not check my phone and went back to work. About an hour later I checked my phone and noticed I missed a call and had an SMS message. Yes the LED was blinking but I would like to have some sort of repeating audible alert.

From what I can tell you can only set the initial sound when receiving a call or message but cannot set up what I need.

Hopefully I am just missing something, like my brain.
    12-16-08 06:34 PM
    Im pretty sure all we have go notify us is the LED, unfortunatly. Unless i'm wrong...
    12-16-08 06:39 PM
    Yeah I was afraid that might be the case. Hmmmm, my pop is interested in writing apps so this will be the one I suggest to him.
    12-16-08 06:48 PM
    I got it. BBAlert.

That is the app that would do just what I want. I don't think it is compatible with the storm yet but here's hoping.
    12-16-08 06:53 PM
    yes it is compatible with the storm. ive had it on my phone for two weeks now, works like a charm
    12-16-08 06:55 PM
    Ok it does the audible alerting too yes?

I just read through a 31 page thread and most of the replies were about LED notifications.

Which version are you running and do you have the compatibility changed?
    12-16-08 07:59 PM
    I can see why it would be a nice option, but it's made me want to disintegrate my wife's Razr more than once.

Missed call at midnight. Phone downstairs. Endless (and surprisingly loud) beeping every x minutes until wake up time.

Another Razr peeve: the low battery beep (also extremely loud and persistent) lasts for days. Evidently doesn't use much battery....
    12-16-08 08:05 PM
    Haha yeah but you can have your storm auto turn off when you go to sleep and then turn back on right before you wake up.

Best of both worlds then.

Yeah I had my cell phone set to vibe and the constant vibe alert for a missed call shook it off a shelf I had it on and cracked the screen. Oh well. Lesson learned there.
    12-16-08 08:08 PM
    Im pretty sure all we have go notify us is the LED, unfortunatly. Unless i'm wrong...
    Doesn't this prove absolutely pointless in less the Storm is in your field of vision?
    12-16-08 08:37 PM
    Yes and I also believe the LED disappears after awhile so you have to see it within a set time frame.
    12-16-08 08:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD