Being a Telus member for a few years now, iv been through three phones. All of them (but my storm) would make it so that if you go over a certain amount of letter in your text messages, it will make a special message that allows up to 1000 letters. My old Shine had this, and i don't understand why my storm doesn't. I guess my question is if there is some sort of setting or maybe application that would allow something similar to this? As of now, im only allowed 50 letter, and i know for simple texts it seems like allot, but there are times where you need a bit more! and its really annoying. anyways! thanks
    03-20-09 10:53 AM
    Use mms instead. I think it allows for up to 1000 letters

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-09 10:57 AM
    Just open an MMS. SMS are limited to 160 characters.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-09 10:59 AM
    Use search next time this has been discussed already many times.
    Last edited by Lowsol94; 03-20-09 at 11:12 AM.
    03-20-09 11:04 AM
    Use search next time this has been discussed already many times.
    I think many times is an understatement.

Short answer: Nothing is wrong. The SMS standard is for 160 characters. Period. End of story. Nothing more to see here folks, let's move it along.
    03-20-09 11:08 AM
    Telus doesn't have mms on blackberry. Thats where his confusion is i believe
    03-20-09 12:30 PM
    I'm using tmobile so I don't have that problem. I'm using an unlocked storm and messages are sent and received without being broken up. I remember using verizon where I had same problem your describing. Its a network thing. I used 3jam I think its called. Its an app with 7 day trial on it. After that I think I was 20 dollars. Was a cool app which allowed longer texts and kept all convos with different people threaded. Hope this helps
    03-20-09 12:41 PM
    SO than i cant really do anything about it? I know this has probably been discussed, but this thread did only get about 6 reply's, i dont think its really going to affect the server too much..
    03-23-09 10:07 AM
    If you dont have MMS than no, I dont think there is anyway to up your characters for use. Just send emails for the time until something changes.
    03-23-09 10:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD