How long has RIM been making phones compared to Apple but yet they went ahead and put out the storm.
    True, but consider that this is brand new territory for RIM to tackle a touchscreen phone. It'd be like saying that because a car company makes great sedans, the first time they branch out into the motorcycle market their motorcycle is supposed to be perfect...
    03-25-09 12:14 PM
    This thread is funny. And whats with this CK guy. He's a Curve user. Are you mad cause your mommy wouldn't buy you a Storm? Too funny. It's like me going to the Curve forum and posting nonsense about how bad the Curve sucks.

Anyway, I love my Storm. Never used a iphone and probably never will. I have no intention of going to AT&T. But this new .113 OS is pretty stinkin smooth. Oh well, flame on trolls.
    03-25-09 12:46 PM
    This thread is funny. And whats with this CK guy. He's a Curve user. Are you mad cause your mommy wouldn't buy you a Storm? Too funny. It's like me going to the Curve forum and posting nonsense about how bad the Curve sucks.

Anyway, I love my Storm. Never used a iphone and probably never will. I have no intention of going to AT&T. But this new .113 OS is pretty stinkin smooth. Oh well, flame on trolls.
    He along with a few others like rccollins are our neighborhood trolls. I personally think they are spies from apple trying to plant seeds of hate on our boards.
    03-25-09 04:49 PM
    The whole point is that it isn't a phone limitation. No phone on verizon's cdma network can use data and voice at the same time, not because the phone can't, but because the network doesn't allow it... So griping about the storm's supposed inability to do so is incorrect because a storm on att or any other gsm carrier should be able to use data and voice at the same time.
    Who cares, it's a still a limitation that is on the phone, it doesn't matter whether it's from the carrier or the maufacturer. I guess you will also blame the Storm's lack of wifi on the carrier and we should forget about it because it's the carrier's fault.
    03-25-09 05:06 PM
    True, but consider that this is brand new territory for RIM to tackle a touchscreen phone. It'd be like saying that because a car company makes great sedans, the first time they branch out into the motorcycle market their motorcycle is supposed to be perfect...
    So bloody what, wrong analogy. RIM has been making phones for a long time, Apple just made their first phone 2 years ago, it's like saying because RIM only makes sedan, they should have a hard time building a sport coupe.
    03-25-09 05:08 PM
    So bloody what, wrong analogy. RIM has been making phones for a long time, Apple just made their first phone 2 years ago, it's like saying because RIM only makes sedan, they should have a hard time building a sport coupe.
    Thank you. Sorry excuse for why the Storm is what it is.
    03-25-09 05:18 PM
    Who cares, it's a still a limitation that is on the phone, it doesn't matter whether it's from the carrier or the maufacturer. I guess you will also blame the Storm's lack of wifi on the carrier and we should forget about it because it's the carrier's fault.
    Not a Troll Post...

Just a plain ole Troll

Yes, the 9530's lack of wifi is Verizon's fault
    Vodaphone / Verizon requested it not be included.
    03-25-09 05:18 PM
    Not a Troll Post...

Just a plain ole Troll

Yes, the 9530's lack of wifi is Verizon's fault

Vodaphone / Verizon requested it not be included.
    LOL, I don't care whether it's the carrier's fault or whatnot. It's still something against the storm. If I want to use the phone on Verizon, I have to deal with limitation, I guess saying the truth makes me a troll.
    03-25-09 05:25 PM
    We can use your analogy if you'd like... Same thing. I wouldn't expect a vehicle on a new platform and different performance expectations to be perfect off the line. As to the problem you're having with data/voice at the same time, the most you can blame is verizon if you're their customer or if you're with a gsm carrier, yoy don't have this problem with the storm...
    03-25-09 05:25 PM
    LOL, I don't care whether it's the carrier's fault or whatnot. It's still something against the storm. If I want to use the phone on Verizon, I have to deal with limitation, I guess saying the truth makes me a troll.
    No, what makes you a troll is what's in bold and the time you're spending here.

You've crossed into the irrational in your stubborn insistence on posting something negative on a forum focused on that product. That's what makes you a troll.

Or is it a limitation of the iPhone that people are forced to use an inferior network?
    03-25-09 05:32 PM
    LOL, I don't care whether it's the carrier's fault or whatnot. It's still something against the storm.

who cares who is to blame. no one hides the fact that the storm doesn't have wifi.

and lol @ something against the storm.

here's a few other things against the storm...it doesn't doesn't pour my guinness while i'm waiting for my steak, it doesn't cut my steak and feed it to me, it doesn't floss my teeth after eating said steak, it doesn't giive me a backrub after drinking said guinness and eating said steak, and last but not least it doesn't unbuckle my belt and pop the top button on my pants so i can.....chill on my couch al bundy style after i eat said steak, floss, and get a back rub.

you're right, this phone suxors.
    03-25-09 08:22 PM
    That's what Apple is best at: Presentation. When it comes to actual substance, they very often fall flat.

Mac OS X succeeds because it's based on FreeBSD, and someone else has already done most of the heavy lifting for them. Most of the UI comes from the NeXTStep GUI, and the Cocoa API for OS X is really just an extended version of the OpenStep API. If you look at Mac OS 6-9, it's a very different story. Those were all home grown within Apple, and compared to what Microsoft was offering at the time, they are pitiful. It took them until OS 8 to offer even rudimentary preemptive multi-tasking. I remember how they made a big deal about background printing in OS 8. This was roughly around the time of Win95/98.

You look at the Jesus Phone... Sure, it's a very slick presentation, but there's very little actual substance to the device. At least compared to the Storm or any other BB. The BB family may not necessarily be the best looking of the bunch, but they are the real workhorses of the smartphone arena.

Let's also not forget the fact that the person behind the Jesus Phone... Apple actually bought up his previous company that he ran into the ground, trying to sell really high end programmable keyboards and things like that. Unless your job is to write code all day or you're a paralegal or something, you probably aren't going to be willing to spend $500 on a keyboard. The guy is a technical visionary, to be sure, then combine that with the uncanny salesmanship of Steve Jobs, and you have an impressive combination. But, when you get down to it, the Jesus Phone is mostly just flash, and no real substance. The Storm is the opposite of that. If you're impressed by pretty pictures and cute little animations like a toddler, then by all means sell your Storm and get a Jesus Phone. Otherwise, can we please shut up with all these bloody comparison threads? They're two different devices, aimed at two different sets of people.

The Jesus Phone is aimed at the yuppies hitting middle age, and the young kids who have more money than sense because mommy and daddy are paying for things like food and shelter. The Storm is aimed more at people who want to get stuff done, and don't need to try and impress other people doing it.
    Yet, all I hear is "I was showing off my storm..." from these forums.

And when it comes to substance, Apple falls flat? Please tell me you're joking.

I bet if the Storm had a hole big enough, you'd be ******* it at night too, right?
    03-26-09 12:46 AM

You've crossed into the irrational in your stubborn insistence on posting something negative on a forum focused on that product. That's what makes you a troll.

Or is it a limitation of the iPhone that people are forced to use an inferior network?
    And this is true for everybody? I mean, I know you have tested the coverage between the two carriers in every city in the US, right?

Please do not make generalized statements like the bolded, because they simply are wrong.
    03-26-09 12:49 AM
    And this is true for everybody? I mean, I know you have tested the coverage between the two carriers in every city in the US, right?

Please do not make generalized statements like the bolded, because they simply are wrong.
    Oh? The recent coverage crash in Austin, the next pending lawsuit against AT&T concerning their coverage claims, the multiple advertisements rejected in the UK for unsupportable claims? Or the admittance by AT&T themselves in the 3G coverage map showing a significantly smaller coverage area than other carriers?

But that's all away from the point. The point being the iPhone can't be blamed for carrier limitations.
    03-26-09 04:55 AM
    Yet, all I hear is "I was showing off my storm..." from these forums.

And when it comes to substance, Apple falls flat? Please tell me you're joking.

I bet if the Storm had a hole big enough, you'd be ******* it at night too, right?
    Haha it would make sense that people posting in a storm forum would generally be touting it, or they'd have switched to another phone and be that phone's forums. Otherwise they'd just be a troll who has nothing better to do than complain.
    03-26-09 11:36 AM

LOL, keep insulting me, I'm here to keep fanboys like you in check. Saying the iphone uses an inferior network is just that, your opinion.
    03-26-09 10:25 PM
    LOL, keep insulting me, I'm here to keep fanboys like you in check. Saying the iphone uses an inferior network is just that, your opinion.
    And apparently others
    The iPhone Excuse - Gadgetwise Blog - NYTimes.com
    AT&T drops the ball on iPhone service at SXSW | Geek Gestalt - CNET News
    AppleInsider | Apple, AT&T sued for over-saturating 3G network with iPhones

See, the problem isn't you're a fanboi. You're a Hateboi. You've got nothing better to do but scream, lie and exaggerate about something you don't like. Try to blame a network limitation as a device failure?

That's pathetic. The iPhone may not be the choice of device for me. But I won't blame Apple for At&t's failures
    03-26-09 11:35 PM
92 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD