Thread says it all! When using yahoo messenger and I wanna send a smiley face I have to push the button several times before it pops up....what gives.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-10 12:32 AM
    Thread says it all! When using yahoo messenger and I wanna send a smiley face I have to push the button several times before it pops up....what gives.

Battery pull?

12-15-10 12:34 AM
    Are you on OS 5.0.0.1015? This happens to me in BBM every so often.
    12-15-10 12:38 AM
    Just had a thought, did this happen to either of you: you pressed on the smiley's button and not only did nothing happen, it wasn't even recognizing that you'd touched it. That happened to me not too long ago, but hasn't happened since I reloaded the OS last week.

12-15-10 01:22 AM
    Of course now that I try to re-create the problem I can't do it, but I'm about 95% sure that the button does highlight when I go to click on it, because it really pisses me off when it happens. I could be just trying to do it way too fast also. I'll pay more attention to it tomorrow...

What is strange, is right now as I'm playing with the button I've noticed I don't even need to click the screen to show the emoticon list. I've never noticed this before, but I guess I have always clicked the screen when I've wanted to bring the list up.
    12-15-10 01:43 AM
    Of course now that I try to re-create the problem I can't do it, but I'm about 95% sure that the button does highlight when I go to click on it, because it really pisses me off when it happens. I could be just trying to do it way too fast also. I'll pay more attention to it tomorrow...

What is strange, is right now as I'm playing with the button I've noticed I don't even need to click the screen to show the emoticon list. I've never noticed this before, but I guess I have always clicked the screen when I've wanted to bring the list up.
    Now that's downright nifty, never noticed either and for the same reason. Now I can't help but wonder if that's related, I can't recall any other core or add-on that activated on touch only, other than AppWorld.
    12-15-10 01:53 AM
    I'm having no problems using the smileys. Just a bit of lag when the smiley window first opens. It is touch activated instead of click. Just resting my finger on the smiley button turns it blue and it opens without clicking the screen.
    12-15-10 02:24 AM
    Sp

So I figured it out. They work just fine! You don't have to click on them to open them..just put your finger on it with out clicking. I know there's a word for this action..just can't think of it. I keep clicking and clicking..nothing. One day I just put my finger on it and it opened..has ever since! I've noticed there's a lot of things on my phone that don't need to be "clicked" pushed to open..just hover over them.

12-21-10 08:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD