So I was with a customer today, their business phone rings, employee screams, "JULIA, PHONE CALL FROM DAVE!". She sighs, "tell him I'm busy!", she says.

I asked her what that was all about, she informs me that a customer had a special order that she has to get from "Dave", she hates Dave and dreads having to call him to place the order.

I said, "Slydial him!", she said, "wtf is that?"

"Holy crap! I know you're a lame iPhone user and all, but my God, you don't know about Slydial?!?!" She didn't.

To make a long story short, she downloaded the app in no time, Slydialed "Dave" and couldn't believe it. She hugged me, then made me sit there while she Slydialed about 5 friends as she was giggling like a nutbar.

Cheers to CB for making me aware of this app. I ended up getting a nice order from them today. Good times.

I have a feeling that being "Slydialed" will become part of our vernacular in short time. "Dude, that &^$( slydialed me!"
    02-19-09 01:46 AM
    Dude slydial is the perfect app I love it. You can call someone to leave a msg if you don't wanna talk without dreading
    If they will answer. Awesome app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 04:53 AM
    Looks like we are coming to the end of a good thing. I was more than happy to listen to the occasional advertisement to use the SlyDial app, but not sure yet if I am willing to pay a monthly subscription for this novelty. And I definitely know that I will not take the time to dial a separate number and then enter another number manually... maybe I am just lazy.

"Beginning Monday, March 2nd, if you want to continue using advanced features such as slydial Apps for smartphone, Dial by Name, and Click 2 slydial, you willl need to upgrade to our Premium service. We will no longer have a free Basic MYslydial Account level of service. But don't worry... we are not eliminating our free service entirely. You will always be able to call 267-SLYDIAL and place ad-supported slydial calls for free!"
    02-19-09 11:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD