I got my first blackberry on Friday and have been very impressed, however this morning all of my received emails are taking 10-15mins to reach the blackberry (i use gmail, hotmail and webmail, all are producing the same results). I was playing with gps logger this morning trying to export a route via email, not sure if this has triggered the problem. I've tried a couple of battery pulls, but the problem is still persisting. Can anyone help?
    06-01-10 07:30 AM
    For some types of accounts, this can be normal.

With Hotmail, for example, Unless you've switched to the Mobile Services Protocol under the email settings, it usually does take 10-15 min for message checking and delivery to device. (It's been a while since I setup a hotmail account, so this may have changed).

GMail should be full "push" without any additional setup, however, as far as I know.

Have you tried re-sending the service books?

1. From the device go to Options
    2. Select Advanced Options
    3. Select Host Routing Table
    4. Select menu, then 'Register Now'
    Last edited by PaintDrinkingPete; 06-01-10 at 09:13 AM.
    06-01-10 09:11 AM
    That ^, or resend your service books:

Setup folder>email setting>bb button>service books> send service books.
    06-01-10 11:10 AM
    I got my first blackberry on Friday and have been very impressed, however this morning all of my received emails are taking 10-15mins to reach the blackberry (i use gmail, hotmail and webmail, all are producing the same results). I was playing with gps logger this morning trying to export a route via email, not sure if this has triggered the problem. I've tried a couple of battery pulls, but the problem is still persisting. Can anyone help?
    When fast email reception is imperative, I suggest you give out your bb email account and have folks send your email to that account. It's very speedy, to say the least. Even forwarding emails from other accounts, to your bb account will result in fast reception of emails on your phone. I just sent an email from my comcast account (with forwarding enabled to my bb account) and got it on my phone in under 10 seconds. It's now been 5 minutes and my phone still has not received the email on my comcast account. (My computer received the comcast-addressed email immediately, btw)
    06-01-10 11:23 AM
    Thanks guys, looks like it was to do with the euro RIM problems reported on the frontpage, it all seems to be fine now though!
    06-01-10 04:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD