I've been scouring the forums here and around the web, and cannot seem to find any information about the current or future availability of Slingplayer software specifically for the Storm. I am able to use the Curve version, but I cannot get it to display in full screen mode, which is the point of having a device with a large, awesome screen.

Is there a version of this available(I didn't see it on the Sling site)?
    Will there be one available? Is one being worked on?
    If not, Why not?

Any assistance in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

B
    02-28-10 04:21 PM
    This has been bitched about for awhile (no storm specific version of Slingplayer). I use the curve version, but I do have issues where I get an exception violation and a crash from time to time. Plus, I find the remote to be quite laggy, which bugs the *&#( out of me. I wish there were a storm/storm2 specific version, but it seems that this has been disregarded by Sling.

Cheers,
    B.D.
    02-28-10 05:29 PM
    I just got my Slingbox and am experimenting with the Curve version of Slingmobile. It works well enough to connect to the box but then the image freezes up and I only get sound.

For other users of Slingmobile on the S2 I have a few questions:

Do you use it on the phone network or wifi?
    Does it freeze the image?
    How often does it crash?
    Is there a way to input numbers to get directly to a channel?

Any hints or insight are much appreciated.

-Andrew
    04-15-10 02:23 PM
    Did you try the 9700 version? May work on the S2.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-10 09:39 AM
    Somewhere in between OS upgrades the curve version stopped working for me. It only connects and then stops playing video. The keyboard no longer functions as a remote either. I am really dissapointed by this. Its actually a feature that I really wish worked. Sling Mobile works awesome on my ipod touch. Flawlessly. Becuase this is such an important feature for me I am thinking about trying out the iPhone. I know the iPhone has issues but I will probably give it a spin shortly.

-KG
    04-16-10 04:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD